brad21
Farting in a Fan

Oddometer: 3,556
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd83-900t
How much will one hold, 5L, 10L or X?

Is it water proof?
http://www.giantloopmoto.com/collect...vitm-saddlebag

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute
Old 04-05-2010, 12:34 PM   #62
wachs OP
just passin' through

Oddometer: 4,756
Quote:
Originally Posted by todd83-900t
How much will one hold, 5L, 10L or X?

Is it water proof?

It's about 15 Liters and here's an example of its physical capacity. I can get a few more items in it - gloves, beanie, wallet, treats, etc..

The material is totally waterproof, very tough (well beyond any woven fabric for sure) the zippers = pretty dang tight #10 YKK water resistant, and if you take the time to seam seal all the stitching, it's ALMOST totally water PROOF.

http://www.altrider.com/product/cate...rch/hemisphere
Old 04-06-2010, 08:03 PM   #63
madrid mark
migrant film worker

Oddometer: 282
just ordered mine. cant wait...

Anarchism is a game at which the Police can beat you.
Old 04-07-2010, 05:57 PM   #64
scrminbanshee
Awsome

Oddometer: 806
Anybody got a pic of one on a xr with a rear rack? i have a xl600 and trying to figuer out how well this would fit? Please post up some pics or if any of you guys have any thoughts! im looking at the coyote tail bag.
Old 04-13-2010, 10:21 AM   #65
brad21
Farting in a Fan

Oddometer: 3,556
Test thrashing of the new MoJavi. No, we are NOT professionals!

Giant Loop MoJavi Test HQ from Brad21 on Vimeo.

BRC Member #49252 JOIN TODAY! https://www.sharetrails.org/support/join-or-contribute
Old 04-13-2010, 12:26 PM   #66
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,306
Thumb

The Mo Javi is working up to his name , very nice stuff after 2 full weekends o riding with it im very happy with the results .
Thanks Dave for make this sappen for us with my Idea off course (need the start working on my free beer tap )

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
Old 04-13-2010, 12:27 PM   #67
trailtrick
goat trail rider

Oddometer: 3,306
Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs
It's about 15 Liters and here's an example of its physical capacity. I can get a few more items in it - gloves, beanie, wallet, treats, etc..

The material is totally waterproof, very tough (well beyond any woven fabric for sure) the zippers = pretty dang tight #10 YKK water resistant, and if you take the time to seam seal all the stitching, it's ALMOST totally water PROOF.
I have mine with all that - the gas bottles + a jacket, couple o hand saw's and a sandwich yesterday and never notice was there

Kampale Moto Ranch
Bed and Breakfast
mototours/uruguay south america
Old 04-13-2010, 04:25 PM   #68
toowheels
on a mission...

Oddometer: 942
MoJavi's in Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Country Doc
I ordered one up for my 450EXC. Thanks wachs/GL!

dc
Hey Country Doc,

Yours is on the way!

...and that means they are now available in Canada too

It took a while 'cause of Customs and all.

I'm really impressed with MoJavi...typical Giant Loop
...and yet another cool idea!

See you out there!
Dave
Old 04-15-2010, 10:03 PM   #69
wachs OP
just passin' through

Ktm 300

We have this really cool neighbor who has been kind enough to try everything we've created. He's a former English National ISDE team member and is very discriminating in both form and quality and will make his own kit before he'll test anything he does not believe in. Tonight he came over for a look-see and decided the MoJavi makes perfect sense, which gave me the chance to perform a custom install on his plated KTM 300. Here's what he is carrying on his back and waist for a typical trail ride, plus the kit he's rigged on his rear fender.

Euro tail light needed a little slot for the fender hooks to securely attach. We simply loosened the 2 forward 6mm bolts to lower the tail light fixture from the fender and make sure we weren't disrupting any wiring, marked the plastic that needed to be carved away and went to work with the Dremel tool.

Fender hook now seats securely in the custom slots and any potential forward movement is eliminated. We did both sides without removing the tail light completely or severing any wiring. (did I mention he came here off the trail we didn't even wash the bike?)

This is a fairly unusual application in that most guys don't have the tail light kit on their 2-Stroke but just to illustrate that even the exotic bike will accept the MoJavi, we took the 20 minutes to make minor mods and photograph the connections.

His kit went from all that gear on his back and the other stuff anchored to his bike to this clean and burly solution.

Thanks Steve!

Old 04-18-2010, 09:20 AM   #70
error cooled
anything but asphalt

Oddometer: 1,152
I was suprised to see how well The Giant Loop Mojavi & Promoto Billet Rack work together. I can slip the Mojavi on and off in 30 seconds and it is rock solid. I did a test ride with 20lbs of gear in the Mojavi and it stayed nice and put. I also still have about 1/2 of the rack available to use for an additional bag for an overnighter. The Mojavi has enough space for all my tools, tubes, food & water, emergency supplies and a change of light clothes and sandals - and the construction is top notch.

Please excuse the crappy cameraphone.

Old 04-19-2010, 07:51 PM   #71
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,647
Is the procedure detailed for the 2T KTM similar to that required on an '09 450EXC? The bag fender clips clearly won't grab on the fender lip unless something is cut away for sure.

It'll be the same for the Coyote bag, I assume ?

Any thoughts from those who have installed the bag on an EXC are appreciated.

dc
Old 04-19-2010, 08:25 PM   #72
wachs OP
just passin' through

Quote:
Is the procedure detailed for the 2T KTM similar to that required on an '09 450EXC? The bag fender clips clearly won't grab on the fender lip unless something is cut away for sure.

It'll be the same for the Coyote bag, I assume ?

Yes, you are correct sir. I have the same 'Euro' tail light on my 525 EXC and it was worth the 15 -20 minutes or so to slot the tail light fixture. It also keeps the kit from messing up your seat cover as you can position it exactly where you want it and it won't move at all.

Old 04-20-2010, 07:22 AM   #73
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,647
Thanks - it appears from the diagram that I cut a slot in the LOWER black piece, correct? In order to give some space between the upper orange fender and the lower black "wiring cover" for the fender clips?

Bag looks awesome BTW. I'll post a pic when I have the install done.

Still have to do the hose-clamp stand-off thing.

dc
Old 04-20-2010, 02:27 PM   #74
wachs OP
just passin' through

Quote:
Thanks - it appears from the diagram that I cut a slot in the LOWER black piece, correct? In order to give some space between the upper orange fender and the lower black "wiring cover" for the fender clips?

Bag looks awesome BTW. I'll post a pic when I have the install done.

Still have to do the hose-clamp stand-off thing.

dc
Hey Doc - Yes, on mine it's just a slot in the lower black piece but the hook is still capturing the fender too. All that component is doing is preventing the MoJavi from sliding forward. The tailoring and those lower straps are what keeps it tight and secure!

I'm not using anything on the pipe on mine but the clamp for insurance won't hurt.

wachs screwed with this post 04-20-2010 at 02:36 PM
Old 04-21-2010, 11:56 AM   #75
snowhawk jockey
Slack Jaw Gaper

Oddometer: 1,092
Steve and I had a chance to go 50 miles of mixed dualsporting, two track and single track, last Saturday. I didn't know that it was going to be a fitment and riding test for his new MoJavi bags until I arrived. It was a perfect day to ride, overcast, cool and the ground was still moist from the previous day's rain.

Steve had ridden about 150 miles of single track on his 300 with his pack and tool belt full of his usual equipment and spares prior to getting the MoJavi from Dave. He wanted the feeling of that weight shifting around on his body to be fresh when he tested the MoJavi on the 300. Steve, like myself, is beyond ATGATT when he rides, and brings along the wet bar, kitchen sink, umbrella girls and disco lights, "just in case".

He was VERY pleased with the results of the testing on the 300. His center of gravity was lowered dramatically by getting the equipment off his back and into the saddlebags. The bags are secure and there is no load shifting or sliding on the back of the bike. The MoJavi is lowprofile, it didn't get caught up in foliage or brush or get in the way of Steve's manuvering on the bike to negotiate the rough single track. The load change also meant less body fatigue at the end of the ride from the heavy pack and belt straps dragging on his shoulders and waist. He still wears his tool belt that carrys a couple trail tools he likes to have immediate access to and his backpack with SPOT, Strobe and water bladder but the weight is negligable compared to when they were actually loaded.

He was so pleased, he decided that he must test the saddlebags on his other dualsport and that is where I found them when I arrived.

Since everyone has a KTM690Rally in their garage, I figure I should give the lowdown on fitment and capatibility of the MoJavi on a 690RR.
He said the bag mounted up like it was made for the bike and took no time to strap on. The front slots in the rear tanks are perfect for the front mount straps to wrap around.

The clips hook nicely on the rear fender stays.

We got ourselves geared up and stopped to fuel the bikes.

I am just short enough to notice anything sticking up on the back of the bike as I swing a leg over and I had no problem clearing the top bag of the MoJavi even though it was stuffed.

The bags just about disappear when actually riding the bike.

I rode his 690EnduroR with my 950's tank bag mounted up to carry the teapot, mountain chalet and portapotty for comparison against the MoJavi.

Uhh, no comparison?? Obviously, I had to kneesqueezer the heck out of the tank bag as we turned off the beaten path onto the single track and Steve didn't even blink. To no avail, I tried not to notice my luggage shifting and getting in the way of my bike handling while following Steve on the narrowing trails.

We popped back onto a cinder road to transfer to the next single track section and we traded bikes for a few miles. Could I tell there were saddle bags on the 690Rally? Not even if I wanted to, I was too busy trying not to over twist the throttle or over squeeze the brake. When we swapped back at the snowline and end of ridable road, Steve asked how I liked the bike. I replied that I was soo distracted by the saddle bags that I would need a few more hours seat time to give the bike a fair review.

On the trail out, we met a group of four riders on dirtbikes. They were looking at us like we were riding wooly mammoths as we stopped and compared notes on trail conditions and routes. Of course they had to comment on Steve's MoJavi bag (What the hell kinda bike is THAT, and how did you get it in here?!?!) and asked if it would fit on the "little" WR/CRF/EXC's that they were riding. They were happy to hear Steve explain that he usually mounts it to his 300EXC and it fits the stroker like a glove. Steve and I chuckled as we rode off, knowing that group would be talking about their UFO sighting on the single track when they got home...

All in all, a great test with the MoJavi aboard a 690 Rally and, of course, the MoJavi passed with flying colors. Steve swears by it now and he won't ride without it, ever again.

Way to go Dave!

edited for organization

snowhawk jockey screwed with this post 04-21-2010 at 12:46 PM
Closed Thread