User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 33 votes, 4.97 average. Display Modes
Old 01-24-2012, 11:21 AM   #586
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,131
My stuff is in a maxpedition sling bag right now but I'm thinking of grabbing a Kelty Day pack to use instead.

Sent from my iPhone
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #587
KSJEEPER
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,317
Im not a fan of the sling bag if you are carrying very far. I do like it though,for grabbing to take to the truck and back. situations where you would sling a backpack over one shoulder, and it slides off. Good for that.

That being said, like all my bags I've packed it way too full and heavy so need to thin out if I realistically expect to take it with me when i leave the house.
KSJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #588
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Oddometer: 9,671
I like the sling style, when I've had opportunity to use one. Either of you mugs want to divest yourselves of the maxi-pad lemme know.

tony the tiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:03 PM   #589
jeepinbanditrider
Dunkin Donuts Crasher

Oddometer: 1,131
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony the tiger View Post
I like the sling style, when I've had opportunity to use one. Either of you mugs want to divest yourselves of the maxi-pad lemme know.

I'd get rid of mine for 75 dollars. It's one of these

http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...nger-2p926.htm

In Black.
jeepinbanditrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #590
TheOtherBart
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post

In Black.
I don't want to jump in line here, but if it's in good condition I can send funds tonight. Any chance you have pictures of your bag? Tony, I'll let you have first crack if you want it.
TheOtherBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 04:27 PM   #591
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBart View Post
I don't want to jump in line here, but if it's in good condition I can send funds tonight. Any chance you have pictures of your bag? Tony, I'll let you have first crack if you want it.
Dammo
Old 01-24-2012, 05:33 PM   #592
TheOtherBart
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
Dammo
¿Que?
Old 01-24-2012, 07:47 PM   #593
CodyY
ADVenture Capitalist

Oddometer: 9,483
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOtherBart View Post
¿Que?
I'd have bought it too.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:25 PM   #594
BigIron
Tenured Prof - Leghump U.

Oddometer: 768
Quote:
Originally Posted by CodyY View Post
I'd have bought it too.

If anyone is interested in Maxpedition stuff, let me know what you're looking for. I probably have it.
BigIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 09:36 PM   #595
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Wicked you've got male

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepinbanditrider View Post

In Black.
Old 01-25-2012, 03:36 AM   #596
TheOtherBart
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigIron View Post
If anyone is interested in Maxpedition stuff, let me know what you're looking for. I probably have it.
It looks like Tony is going to jump on Jeep's Sitka, so...have a Sitka you'd like to part with?
Old 01-25-2012, 05:50 AM   #597
FinlandThumper
Has Cake/Eats it Too

Oddometer: 6,185
This is a very cool thread. While it's normally kind of fun to harass mall ninja types, the simple fact is that everyone shoul be at least somewhat prepared.

Since I use mass transit to get to work, I am more limited in what I can carry along. A serious tactical bag would limit my ability to carry work items and attract the wrong kind attention. I sure can't lug around all the gear like you guys that have cars can do. Ever since 9/11/01 i have always had a comprehensive camping kit effectively ready to go at home at all times, and a plan in place with my wife of where we go and what we do.

But that has left me without transport or serious gear. So my general principle has been to cover the basics, which means appropriate clothes to walk in (I keep some at the office), and to always have at least the following items with me:

Means to make fire
Notebook and pencil (paper from notebook doubles as tinder)
Knife

Then I keep a few snack items and a water bottle at work, plus basic first aid. Until now this has been sufficient. But recently I finally got an office room and can consider a small bag to keep at work. The tips in this thread are just what I have been needing...
FinlandThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #598
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinlandThumper View Post
This is a very cool thread. While it's normally kind of fun to harass mall ninja types, the simple fact is that everyone shoul be at least somewhat prepared.

Since I use mass transit to get to work, I am more limited in what I can carry along. A serious tactical bag would limit my ability to carry work items and attract the wrong kind attention. I sure can't lug around all the gear like you guys that have cars can do. Ever since 9/11/01 i have always had a comprehensive camping kit effectively ready to go at home at all times, and a plan in place with my wife of where we go and what we do.

But that has left me without transport or serious gear. So my general principle has been to cover the basics, which means appropriate clothes to walk in (I keep some at the office), and to always have at least the following items with me:

Means to make fire
Notebook and pencil (paper from notebook doubles as tinder)
Knife

Then I keep a few snack items and a water bottle at work, plus basic first aid. Until now this has been sufficient. But recently I finally got an office room and can consider a small bag to keep at work. The tips in this thread are just what I have been needing...
Yannow - I actually posted pic's of my "work" bag in here someplace. Not a lot of stuff (no firearms, for instance) and really not an inconvenient amount of extra weight to carry either. Just a few things that ~may~ come in handy to have, and usually have - but not your typical EDC pocket stuff.
Zipties, duct tape, a hank of 550 cord, trash bags...normal stuff.
Old 01-25-2012, 08:20 AM   #599
FinlandThumper
Has Cake/Eats it Too

Oddometer: 6,185
Quote:
Originally Posted by tony the tiger View Post
Yannow - I actually posted pic's of my "work" bag in here someplace. Not a lot of stuff (no firearms, for instance) and really not an inconvenient amount of extra weight to carry either. Just a few things that ~may~ come in handy to have, and usually have - but not your typical EDC pocket stuff.
Zipties, duct tape, a hank of 550 cord, trash bags...normal stuff.

Actually, after I posted that I was shopping around and bought a few things missing from my stash. I also picked up a few small maxpedition organizer bags (3x5 and 4x6) which can easily move from one small bag to the next. With just a few added pieces I should be able to increase my readiness without a lot of weight...and then save the real bag for the car and trips to the woods.

My every day bag has been a Filson field satchel with shoulder strap. That should have no trouble accommodating the maxpedition bags I just bought, and still have room for papers, etc.
FinlandThumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #600
tony the tiger
yeah - what he said...

Thrift store shopper here... I pick up game boy bags for .50 a piece, they're pretty handy for various kit organization... but the coup dé grace is the "Sponge Bob" soft case 4 x 6 1/2 with two zippered compartments, stiched d-ring and a velcro belt tab, withone external pocket and two internal pockets... makes me think of jellyfish hunting everytime I see it.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: