Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-24-2010, 07:55 AM   #16
SaltyDuddde OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by nat_han
Heard from some peeps that the local agent(PML) is offering to clear stocks on their 650gs. as such, the prices are slashed by a few thousand...

any info on that? what is the cost for this bike to be on the road?
According to the price list on the website, it's $23000, bike only with ABS and some other stuff.
Good deal?
SaltyDuddde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:48 AM   #17
gpracer171
Kodak Courage

Oddometer: 358
Conversion is tough

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltyDuddde
According to the price list on the website, it's $23000, bike only with ABS and some other stuff.
Good deal?
Not sure about the "deal". However As I recall a Camery is about $70K in Singapore. That is about double the same in the US. THe US F800GS has a list price of $13,574 with the "standard package" (ABS, Clear Blinkers...) and a center stand. Not sure if that helps. Good luck.

Is it difficult to get it through the lottery to get the usage permit or does the deal give you this with the bike when you buy it new? It is good for 10 years, right?

2010 BWM F800GS
2007 Yamaha WR450

If you are not moving forward, you are falling behind...

"Harley Davidson - There is not more efficient method of converting fossil fuel to heat and noise without the by-product of power", Unknown
gpracer171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 08:55 AM   #18
R-A-M-O-N
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
This thread is about the 650gs twin right? In that case What would you f650gs twin owners say its a comfortable cruise speed for the bike? can the bike handle 80mph sustained on long rides? What about long term reliability? is the 650gs twin as reliable as the 650 gs single? Thanks.
R-A-M-O-N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2010, 02:20 AM   #19
SaltyDuddde OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by gpracer171
Not sure about the "deal". However As I recall a Camery is about $70K in Singapore. That is about double the same in the US. THe US F800GS has a list price of $13,574 with the "standard package" (ABS, Clear Blinkers...) and a center stand. Not sure if that helps. Good luck.

Is it difficult to get it through the lottery to get the usage permit or does the deal give you this with the bike when you buy it new? It is good for 10 years, right?
SGD$23000 = USD$16500
This price is just machine price without reg fee, road tax, COE(10yr piece of paper) and insurance.
Just love it here!!!!
Old 03-25-2010, 04:30 AM   #20
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,330
Quote:
Originally Posted by R-A-M-O-N
This thread is about the 650gs twin right? In that case What would you f650gs twin owners say its a comfortable cruise speed for the bike? can the bike handle 80mph sustained on long rides? What about long term reliability? is the 650gs twin as reliable as the 650 gs single? Thanks.
80 mph cruising no problem, is it as reliable, no way. Keep reading on the forum and you will hear about the issues that people are having.

Maybe in a few years when the bikes get sorted out better things will change. The single has been around mostly unchanged for a long time after all.
Old 03-25-2010, 10:14 AM   #21
R-A-M-O-N
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Thanks, maybe its wise to wait a little longer to try it then because here its a very expensive bike and i really dont want to spend that kind of money having to worry about things to repair.
But... i really like it
R-A-M-O-N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 05:57 AM   #22
nat_han
2 Wheelers By Choice.. =]

Oddometer: 200
Quote:
Good deal?
hey,

heard that the price has drop due to agent clearing their old stocks...
should be lesser than 23k sgd, with free side vario panniers...

thinking of trading in my 800 for the 650!
only if i do not need to pay extra for the change.. mine is a nov 08 bike with 20k kms...
nat_han is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2010, 11:34 PM   #23
SaltyDuddde OP
Adventurer

But somebody just broke his fork clamp after going over a pothole, details in SingaporeBikes, dunno if it's reliable after all.
And according to the replies, PML is NOT going to cover it under the warranty.
Old 03-27-2010, 01:23 AM   #24
nat_han

Quote:
But somebody just broke his fork clamp after going over a pothole, details in SingaporeBikes, dunno if it's reliable after all.
And according to the replies, PML is NOT going to cover it under the warranty.
another bike(GSA) had a minor accident whilst negotiating a left turn. a lorry caught his bike and dragged it a couple of metres.. 16k sgd was the outcome from PML for damaged sub-frame..

i spoke to the servicing executive at pml today. was a nice chat, friendly guy, but i shudder at the thought of having a damaged BMW bike here in singapore.. you'll never know what is covered under warantee or not... it is best to go to the agent for every modification or change in wear components.. but their charge for parts and labour are higher than any outside..

my bike had been ok so far. rocker cam gasket, water impeller seal, coolant hose are just some of the claims i have made under warantee so far in 16months of ownership... but it feels very uneasy to be truthful...
Old 03-27-2010, 03:05 AM   #25
nat_han

btw,

anyone has fitted the BMW aluminium side panniers to a GS650 (twin) yet?

want to know if the panniers on the 800gs can be transfered onto the 650..

thanks!
Old 04-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #26
Dave92029
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 502
The F650GS: the go any where, do any thing bike

I have owned many BMW's including: R1150GS Adv.; R1200GS, f650GS single, etc. and I enjoy the new F650GS twin the most. It is light, handles great, and gets exceptional gas mileage. I have also had no problems.
Attached Images

Dave92029 is offline   Reply With Quote