ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 05-05-2010, 02:49 PM   #181
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target
 
eatpasta's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Santa Barbara, Ca
Oddometer: 9,715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S
my brain liquefies and runs out my ears and left and right become confusing.
I believe that would make riding a motorcycle over rough terrain at a very high rate of speed while trying to read.... slightly more challenging.....

__________________
We shall not cease from exploration, and the end of all our exploring will be to arrive where we started and know the place for the first time.
T. S. Eliot
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #182
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 4,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S
i figured you were being sarcastic....but it was more of my own observation. I have looked over these notes many a time in a relaxed atmosphere and thought nothing about it. Then I go out and ride (a bit slower then some) and my brain liquefies and runs out my ears and left and right become confusing.
you weren't slower than me? I figure you were just following Jonah seeing as you rode with him the most
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 07:58 PM   #183
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69
you weren't slower than me? I figure you were just following Jonah seeing as you rode with him the most

One could consider that as a logical deduction...then one would be so very very wrong. Mostly he stayed behind me and let me make all of my own mistakes. When it was clear that I was utterly hopelessly in confusion on where to go he would pull forwards and offer advice. Or if I made the same mistake a few too many times he would offer some good advice on how not to be a complete idiot and improve chances for finishing etc. It worked for me. Friday (my first day) I had some trouble with a few turns and just riding over the terrain...getting used to a big bike i had never ridden before, getting used to being that hot etc. Saturday I did much better. On one leg Jonah's ICO stopped reading mileage...apparently he realized this after making a wrong turn or two as I blazed on ahead. I think he saw my tracks or dust and then followed me out (boosted my ego for a minute)
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Husaberg tank for sale: HERE
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 07:29 AM   #184
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 4,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S
One could consider that as a logical deduction...then one would be so very very wrong. Mostly he stayed behind me and let me make all of my own mistakes. When it was clear that I was utterly hopelessly in confusion on where to go he would pull forwards and offer advice. Or if I made the same mistake a few too many times he would offer some good advice on how not to be a complete idiot and improve chances for finishing etc. It worked for me. Friday (my first day) I had some trouble with a few turns and just riding over the terrain...getting used to a big bike i had never ridden before, getting used to being that hot etc. Saturday I did much better. On one leg Jonah's ICO stopped reading mileage...apparently he realized this after making a wrong turn or two as I blazed on ahead. I think he saw my tracks or dust and then followed me out (boosted my ego for a minute)


yeah, like I said you were still faster than me, and you got to hang out with Jonah a lot.
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:33 AM   #185
Seth S
Safari Scramble!!!!!
 
Seth S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: sanity?
Oddometer: 3,968
Quote:
Originally Posted by skibum69
yeah, like I said you were still faster than me, and you got to hang out with Jonah a lot.

yeah but you got to hang out with JB a lot
__________________
Seth S

My intuition nearly makes up for my lack of good judgement. Just installed my new trolling motor
Husaberg tank for sale: HERE
Seth S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #186
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 4,940
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S
yeah but you got to hang out with JB a lot
Well it's true I never see him at home
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:06 AM   #187
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 4,940
here's some of my video:

Rally School Spring 2010–act one from mike buhler on Vimeo.

__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:21 PM   #188
Bluebull2007 OP
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Lima, Perú
Oddometer: 4,930
Getting back to it then -

We´ve been working on the bike design in a couple of parallel threads, these are here if youre interested:


http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575398
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=49069.0

The bike is now probably going to look like this reflecting both the RSA flag and the national sports symbol, the Springbok:



or this



What do you´all think? Gold fender maybe? Or just white, no green?

Click here to jump to my next post
__________________
-
-
RIP Angelo Pandelidis aka Brodovich Team F5 leader and inventor of Brodomath.

Bluebull2007 screwed with this post 05-31-2010 at 12:51 AM
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 09:27 PM   #189
Hayduke
///SAFETY THIRD///
 
Hayduke's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2004
Location: Salida, coloRADo
Oddometer: 43,380
I like the gold fender.
__________________
"What these people need is some mental psychology."-Bonnie Abbzug

Hayduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:15 AM   #190
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 4,940
very stylish, I like the green
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 06:48 AM   #191
ArthDuro
quarantined
 
ArthDuro's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Westsideistan
Oddometer: 2,982
you have a winner looks awesome
send inprogress my regards, fantastic work

I like the green fender too
__________________
my nx250 project pics
my mini ride reports
"parts made of unobtanium"
+ momento mori +

ArthDuro screwed with this post 05-12-2010 at 07:09 AM
ArthDuro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 07:59 AM   #192
Bluebull2007 OP
Adventurer
 
Bluebull2007's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Lima, Perú
Oddometer: 4,930
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthDuro
you have a winner looks awesome
send inprogress my regards, fantastic work

I like the green fender too

Thanks, will do
__________________
-
-
RIP Angelo Pandelidis aka Brodovich Team F5 leader and inventor of Brodomath.
Bluebull2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 09:02 AM   #193
skibum69
slave to gravity
 
skibum69's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: New Melbourne, Newfoundland
Oddometer: 4,940
Hey Arthduro, weren't you working on ideas for mine?
__________________
Beerthief
skibumsoirée2009 skibumsoiré2010
Riff Raff 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
RIP ITsteve, ride in peace my friend
save $5 on a new smugmug account, use this coupon7frrnSRiTt9Fk
skibum69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:18 AM   #194
jbthered
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Newfoundland
Oddometer: 12
Don't you have an airplane part to build? Maybe you should try a design something volcano proof
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth S
yeah but you got to hang out with JB a lot
jbthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 11:21 AM   #195
jbthered
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Newfoundland
Oddometer: 12
Neil, looks good! Bambi on the side is a nice touch as well
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluebull2007
Getting back to it then -

We´ve been working on the bike design in a couple of parallel threads, these are here if youre interested:


http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=575398
http://www.wilddog.za.net/forum/index.php?topic=49069.0

The bike is now probably going to look like this reflecting both the RSA flag and the national sports symbol, the Springbok:



or this



What do you´all think? Gold fender maybe? Or just white, no green?
jbthered is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014