User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-22-2010, 06:46 PM   #1
RiDR OP
The Himalayan what?

Oddometer: 592
A Vicious Cycle

I got sucked in at the TO Motorcycle show mid December and went to A Vicious Cycle in New Dundee, Ont. the following weekend to pick up some Motech Racks, Aluminum Trax Panniers and included dry bags as part of the bike show deal.
I paid the full amount and was given a couple of open boxes with the panniers in them and no packaging, and one of the panniers had a 1/2" chunk taken out of the powdercoat lid exactly where your boot would go if you weren't careful dismounting your bike, and I didn't think I should have to take the pannier.
I call a few weeks later and am told that an order has been placed but that a driver is late.
I call a month later and someone else tells me they can only order in quantity and that my order will be placed today.
Two months goes by and I finally go to pick up the pannier but it is dented and scratched to shit.
I'm told that i'm going to dent the panniers anyway and the whole experience was me being ostracized for wanting something undamaged when I paid over a grand for new.
I am told that another claim for damage has been put in with no time frame for when the pannier will arrive and that they are crossing their fingers hoping for something undamaged to arrive and they kept blaming their distributor Twisted Throttle for sending them damaged product.
I wait another month and am still getting the run around so go to their shop for a refund and have the person at the counter roll their eyes at me telling me that some people are impossible to please because all I want is a pannier without a dent in it, and that I received a great deal even though I'm on the third round trip of 220Km to their shop.
I'm then accused of not paying thirty dollars owing but luckily had a receipt.
They then try to charge me a restock fee if I return everything back so I only ask for a refund of the one pannier that wasn't delivered and am offered a personal check, would you allow me to make payment using my personal check?
They give me a postage bag and tell me to send them back the locks and carry handles which I initially wanted to purchase but had thrown in.
I gladly obliged with their promise in an email to send me the dry bag after I had returned these items, so as I see it we're going on four months waiting for a dry bag which I'll probably never see.
I took my business to Dual Sport Plus in Stoney Creek, On and received a right side pannier in a box and packaged with no dents, scratches, gouges, and I should have went there first, quick purchase - no drama.
I understand if there's a problem with a distributor but in this case the product wasn't even packaged so I doubt Twisted Throttle has anything to do with the crap A Vicious Cycle is trying to pawn off on their customers, and even so, the dirty tactics employed by A Vicious Cycle is something THEY choose to do and they'd be well served to take a lesson from their competitors. That's all I have to say.
RiDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
backroadsandbeyond
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Thumbs down

Yep, Im not going into it but I agree that Dual sport plus is the place to go. Two thumbs down for the other Vendor
Old 03-22-2010, 07:29 PM   #3
Country Doc
Wanderer

Oddometer: 2,641
I agree. I had two very poor experiences with the named vendor and would stay away in the future. My experience wasn't quite as bad as this story, but still...

I haven't tried dualsportplus but have heard many great things on this forum.

dc
Country Doc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:26 AM   #4
WOLVERINE
Keep her pinned!

Oddometer: 615
Thanks for the heads up cause I WAS going to deal with them but now won't...A lot of us on RidetheRock.com have dealt with them but I will pass this along to the boys...Sorry to hear about your experience...The nerve of asking for a perfect unmarked pannier. I would have kept the extras just the same to throw it back at them or at least make them wait. Did you contact Twisted Throttle and inform them of your experience?

2008 R1200GSA
WOLVERINE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:34 AM   #5
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,230
A year or so ago I tried to order a few things from them but they did not seem interested in my business, so I went to www.dualsportplus.com and received my order promptly. I voted with my $$.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:35 AM   #6
wonderings
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 919
I had just heard of A Vicious Cycle last week, living only 20 mins from New Dundee I was going to stop by and take a look around. Not planning on it anymore, its a nicer ride to Dual Sport Plus anyways and they have been great there, in the little I have dealt with them.
2010 GSA
wonderings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 08:24 AM   #7
Deadly99
Fast and Far

Oddometer: 8,434
I have a long winded story of while I will never deal with them as well. Very unprofessional service.

TCAT (Trans Canada Adventure Trail)

Gravel Travel Canada - Canada's Source for Overland Travel
Deadly99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 04:30 PM   #8
Mr. Canoehead
Taste Gunnels!

Oddometer: 1,354
As a small business owner, it always amazes me that a vendor will spend $$$ to attend a show and then blow it when they get business from the show.

You should call the owner (not the asshat at the counter) and discuss it with him/her. If it were my business, I would want to hear about it.

"No matter how many [internet] opinions you line up, you can't vote nonsense into truth"- Kevin Cameron
Mr. Canoehead is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 05:47 PM   #9
kelsow
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,070
I can't believe what I am reading. I don't doubt what the OP has said but I find it hard to believe.
I and many of my friends have dealt with Eric @ AVC on many occasions and have been 100% satisfied with his knowledge, his product, shipping and pricing.
There must be something going on behind the scenes for this to happen.
Oddly enough I have dealt with Les at DSP and was less than impressed and have not been back.

My .02c
Site: dualsport.ca and rideatlantic.ca
kelsow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 06:59 AM   #10
TREE
Interloper

Oddometer: 3,292
Always had fast service, good tracking and good product/prices.
I will go back again........ my .02

Road Trips . . . Alaska, Himalayas, Labrador and Oz
TREE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:22 AM   #11
kahoon
who's yer daddy??

Oddometer: 2,392
i'll add my voice to the collective. had one good experience with Eric, and the next two were horrific. NEVER again will i ever buy anything over there again!

Les @ dualsportplus is the way to go
kahoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 10:34 PM   #12
Drif10
Accredited Jackass

Oddometer: 45,232
I wouldn't be so quick to canonize DSP, all is not roses there.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:28 AM   #13
shipwrek12001
Shipwrek

Oddometer: 2,015
I have worked in a similar business for years, it is impossible to please everyone all the time. With a big ticket item and dealing with a parts store, I'd deal with the owner of any business. avc or dsp. This way they do an extras effort to please you.
I have fully farkled 3 drz400 with Eric. He has been good, even with our returns. No issues. Never had dealing with DSP
it is unfortunate there is some bad but with every bad there is some good.
Old 06-11-2010, 02:08 PM   #14
Vector_In
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Thumb

I've dealt with AVC I have nothing bad to say! All my stuff I've order was on time and good in shape. And very nice group of people there!
Old 06-11-2010, 03:29 PM   #15
Pshrynk
Adventurer

Oddometer: 44
I'm in Canuckia too and I just deal directly with Twisted Throttle -- excellent customer service.
Pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote