ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 06-30-2011, 06:02 AM   #46
skian g
Adventurer

Oddometer: 74
Any Updates to the file recently?
Old 07-07-2011, 03:28 PM   #47
TowPro OP
I want to ride

Oddometer: 2,444
I think the latest is still posted on my website.

I was up in central PA last weekend with plans to check out some of where my route missed some stone roads but ended up riding all Saturday with Snowman318 and a bunch of other ADV riders, then Sunday morning my GPS stopped working . I later found out all I needed to do was pull the battery and hold down the power button but I missed mapping anything on Sunday.

I will be back up on July 16 17. Hope to route it then. But I might have a passenger and not sure how well she will hold up to "unimproved road's".

There are several days worth of riding down the middle of the state that need linked together if anybody feels like riding it (and sending me the Proof GPX files). any volunteers?

Plus I have a 2 day ride from Hancock NY to Quiet Oaks campground in Crossfork PA that needs test ridden. (it connects into existing route, so only 1.5 days of it need to be proven.

But I have a 150 mile loop that starts and ends at Quiet Oaks campground that Snowman318 put together I can add to my file :).
Old 07-07-2011, 03:38 PM   #48
690Emaf10
Adventurer

Oddometer: 57
I would love to see the loop from quiet oaks. I'm headed up there the end of July with a friend who is riding the Rattlesnake Enduro. I'm taking the 690 and would love to have something to explore a little bit. We are also up there camping a couple times a year and I've found a good number of fun roads in the area.
690Emaf10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #49
maverickma
Adventurer

Oddometer: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by towpro View Post
I think the latest is still posted on my website.

I was up in central PA last weekend with plans to check out some of where my route missed some stone roads but ended up riding all Saturday with Snowman318 and a bunch of other ADV riders, then Sunday morning my GPS stopped working . I later found out all I needed to do was pull the battery and hold down the power button but I missed mapping anything on Sunday.

I will be back up on July 16 17. Hope to route it then. But I might have a passenger and not sure how well she will hold up to "unimproved road's".

There are several days worth of riding down the middle of the state that need linked together if anybody feels like riding it (and sending me the Proof GPX files). any volunteers?

Plus I have a 2 day ride from Hancock NY to Quiet Oaks campground in Crossfork PA that needs test ridden. (it connects into existing route, so only 1.5 days of it need to be proven.

But I have a 150 mile loop that starts and ends at Quiet Oaks campground that Snowman318 put together I can add to my file :).
Towpro...is it a zumo 550? If so, no need to remove the battery. Just hit the power button on the bottom right and the "+" sign button at the top left at the same time and it will reset. They lock up every once in a while.
1998 Ducati 916 (my favorite!)

maverickma screwed with this post 07-07-2011 at 06:05 PM
maverickma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2011, 06:23 PM   #50
TowPro OP
I want to ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickma View Post
Towpro...is it a zumo 550? If so, no need to remove the battery. Just hit the power button on the bottom right and the "+" sign button at the top left at the same time and it will reset. They lock up every once in a while.
delorme PN40. The biggest problem was I forgot my cable so I was copying GPX tracks to the SD card, then loading them into the PN40 as a track, which converts to route, which don't seem to work very well.
Old 07-13-2011, 04:39 AM   #51
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Oddometer: 13,166
Hmmm...looking to ride Friday....days are going to get scarce here soon. Thinking, if only there was a state, you know--right next to mine where there was miles of rural country to explore.
MoBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 02:53 PM   #52
intothenew
Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoBill View Post
Hmmm...looking to ride Friday....days are going to get scarce here soon. Thinking, if only there was a state, you know--right next to mine where there was miles of rural country to explore.
Nice to run bach', eh?

"For a boy,it was a kind of paradise.
I wasn't just playing Indian, I was living Indian."
intothenew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2011, 03:29 PM   #53
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

I dont know what that means... But I want to ride sumthin just for funs...but if you got work I'll do it...last email we had I think there is some work in there to be done...
Old 07-14-2011, 09:27 AM   #54
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Yup, heading for TPAT 100 later this afternoon, ride until dark and then find a place to stay, then it's day 2 of TPAT101 and Grand Canyon of PA area--your note sez lotsa dirt there, so it'll be a late night and an early morning start I think.
Old 07-14-2011, 06:54 PM   #55
TowPro OP
I want to ride

Quote:
Yup, heading for TPAT 100 later this afternoon, ride until dark and then find a place to stay, then it's day 2 of TPAT101 and Grand Canyon of PA area--your note sez lotsa dirt there, so it'll be a late night and an early morning start I think.
MoBill, when you leave the canyon overlook, zoom out your GPS and look for a better way to Wellsboro. I think I missed a couple good stone roads there. Sure the ones I took are nice and twisty blacktop but I know there is some stone roads in there.

It's a big triangle with the canyon to the west, rt 6 to the north and Wellsboro to the NE. You will find something :)
Or just follow the route and enjoy

Then after Wellsboro you will enjoy the roads heading down the west side of the Canyon. That Day ends at Quiet Oaks campground. if you stop in tell him your following the Trans PA trail

Here is a day loop that starts right down the street from Quiet Oaks (it goes past the campground), you could easily change the route to start and stop at Quiet Oaks (I have not gotten to editing the track yet).
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...amping&page=19
Post 272

I was going up again this weekend but something came up and I got to stay home.

next trip up looks like the week before the the Rattlesnake Enduro (but I think I am taking my F800).
Old 07-14-2011, 10:38 PM   #56
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

Thanks....something came up....made it as far as williamsport by about 9:30pm, spent about a 1/2 hour on the phone at that overlook on Rt 15....and turned for home. Got in here about 1 am....so I did almost all of TPAT 101. So funny, I didn't really plan, like usual, so when I was approaching Williamsport and saw a sign for a Hampton Inn, I said, "Score!" I'll just make that one call and then I'll go check in. Doh! Nothing serious, just the Missus will be in earlier than expected tomorrow.

I had a really good experience tonight--really good--some of those roads, just the elevation changes, both in sweeping turns and stepped, awesome constant radius turns that open to pastures, and some good rough stuff too, I was looking forward to tomorrow...

All in all 405 miles, all after getting off work. I am BUSHED!! That's a great route, glad you had it available...I wanted all of Day 2 TPAT102, that sounds great..next time. :)
Old 07-15-2011, 06:26 AM   #57
Skyclad
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,116
What is the status of the section that connects to the MD/WV trails? I feel the need to get the Ulysses dirty...
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:33 AM   #58
TowPro OP
I want to ride

Quote:

I had a really good experience tonight--really good--some of those roads, just the elevation changes, both in sweeping turns and stepped, awesome constant radius turns that open to pastures, and some good rough stuff too, I was looking forward to tomorrow...)
So you rode Day 1. What did you think of Tower Road (google maps show it starts at park place, pa) It was around 2 miles after you crossed 81, maybe 1 mile west of Delano?

This was the only place the beginners were thinking "what are we getting into ?" It was dry for you, but I think that 2-3 mile short section would be a little slippery if it rained

Day 1 has the least "unimproved road" since it starts in a pretty populated area (bucks county).
Old 07-15-2011, 07:44 AM   #59
MoBill
Smiles when says dat

I loved that section, when I came in by the water tower, I saw a bunch of ATV folks loading up to go home, it was probably about 7:30, so for an end of the day ride, you know, leaving from work--it was a perfect mix, with more road than that kinda stuff.

I waypointed the middle of it, so I could designate that "not pig friendly", I agree with you. I was riding my WR, so it was deeeeelicious...had to remind myself that this was "the end of the day" and slow down, but it was good picking lines through there.

As i was hammering through I was yelling in my helmet "yeah fuck all yous and your air downed tires" (no offense)...out and alone I'd rather lose some traction (perceived or real) and keep 'em aired up.

Really that section wasn't bad at all, but if you were moving fast you might hit a few of those big ones unintentionally, not that I was doing anything like that.

Thank you very much for what you did with this. You put a really good route together. One view of a farmed field, opening to a dell and the far side recently hayed and stacked...was like a religious experience. I can't imagine how day 2 would reward with more sections like Tower Rd. Loved that.

I have my tracks if you want them. I did note some differences that we could chalk to GPS accuracy I think.

Quote:
What is the status of the section that connects to the MD/WV trails? I feel the need to get the Ulysses dirty...
Hey Skyclad, that's part of the TWVT file...it's like T minus 6 is the route name I believe, coming out of Frenchtown, NJ.

A few threads up, stickied under TET: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=508552

The TWVT file is in what Chip will send you if you sign up...and look at the T minuses.
Old 07-15-2011, 08:07 AM   #60
intothenew
Briar Patch Navigator

Oddometer: 2,127
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post

I have a concept file that I thought I sent to you, PAW (PA West), that runs from basically top dead center of what towpro has done hear to the TWVT Northern connector (WV Northern Panhandle). The TET file connects TPAT to MD/WV.

If I haven't sent you that file, just let me know.

"For a boy,it was a kind of paradise.
I wasn't just playing Indian, I was living Indian."
intothenew is offline   Reply With Quote