Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-28-2010, 04:19 AM   #61
Wingspan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 392
Quote:
Originally Posted by robd19
Just need some clarification:
Can I connect my IPOD and have both rider and passenger listen to the same audio source?
Not through Bluetooth, but you could with a splitter and wires to each Sena.

Quote:
If not, can rider and passenger and have independent ipods yet still use the intercom function?
Yes.

Quote:
Will the unit lower volume automatically when intercom is activated?
Yes.

Quote:

I'm coming from an autocom active plus and want to make sure I'm making the right upgrade. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Rob
Old 04-28-2010, 04:46 AM   #62
WZ4I
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by robd19
Just need some clarification:

If not, can rider and passenger and have independent ipods yet still use the intercom function?

Thanks,
Rob
Yes. Independent Ipods, simple BT MP3 players, cell phones, etc..

The volume level is independent for each device, and intercom.
WZ4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #63
Wingspan
Gnarly Adventurer

I'm still having intermittent volume issues with my Sena when speaking on the phone. Today I received a call while riding and was able to speak normally, but when stopped I couldn't be heard. As soon as I started moving again the problem went away. Anyone else had this issue?
Old 04-28-2010, 01:23 PM   #64
H53driver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
[quote=WZ4I] Sure. Actually, it quite easy to make.

1st you need to find a Jabra A210 Bluetooth Adapter. Look on eBay and Amazon. ...

WZ4I - I forgot to say thanks for the info you provided...so...Thanks!
H53driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 02:53 PM   #65
robd19
Moto Sojourner

Oddometer: 30
Thanks for the advice.

Thanks for the prompt response guys. Ordering my set today!!!!

Rob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingspan
Not through Bluetooth, but you could with a splitter and wires to each Sena.

Yes.

Yes.
robd19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:08 PM   #66
H53driver
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Problems mounting SENA units on certain helmets

I ordered the dual unit set from British Motorcycle Gear. Paid for fast shipping. Ordered on Friday after they had already shipped for the day, and received them on Wednesday when I got home from work.

A couple of notes on installation: If you have a flip-up helmet, you may have clearance problems with the visor rubbing on the bracket when it reaches the end of its travel. And if you have external controls for a sunshade, you may not be able to mount it.

1) My wife has a new Symax II helmet, and it has a ridge on the side of the flip-up visor that rubs. I had to take off the bracket's rubber pads, and stack them on the outside of the helmet to get enough clearance.

2) I bought a new Zeus ZS-3000A flip-up/modular hetmet, with an internal sunshade. The Sena WILL NOT MOUNT to this helmet!!! The control for the internal visor is on the lower left side of the helmet, EXACTLY where the bracket needs to go. Bummer. I had to use my old helmet so we can ride this weekend.

Other than the mounting problems, they seem to work well - effortless charging, pairing and communicating while riding the couches.

I will post more after we road test them.
H53driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2010, 10:10 PM   #67
Stevequest2000
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Hotaru, I'm in the same boat as you. I have a set of Interphones that are still working flawlessly and would have like to have stuck with them, but the Sena stood out too much. The ability to charge while riding and an auxiliary input sealed the deal for ordering the Sena set off of Rocketmoto.

I'll just have to keep wearing my earbuds with my blueant when I use that helmet for piping in music.
Stevequest2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 08:42 AM   #68
RocketMoto
2 Many Motersikles

Oddometer: 907
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevequest2000
Hotaru, I'm in the same boat as you. I have a set of Interphones that are still working flawlessly and would have like to have stuck with them, but the Sena stood out too much. The ability to charge while riding and an auxiliary input sealed the deal for ordering the Sena set off of Rocketmoto.

I'll just have to keep wearing my earbuds with my blueant when I use that helmet for piping in music.
Steve:
(Thanks for the order! )

There's a an earbud compatible version of the 'clamp unit' coming in about a month (that's the latest info that I have). You will be able order the clamp unit as an accessory, and the Bluetooth transceiver just clips into the clamp unit. Handy if you want to use speakers on one helmet and ear buds on another; a very clever, versatile design.

The speaker-mic clamp units in the current kits retail for $49.95 ea., so I would think that the earbud version will be in this range, as well.

Autocom | TPX Radar/Laser | Sena Bluetooth
| Hi-Power LED Lights
Shorai Battery | Techmount | Powerlet | Rowe PDM60 | Skene Design

RocketMoto screwed with this post 04-29-2010 at 08:53 AM
RocketMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:28 AM   #69
yaknvdub
n00b

Oddometer: 3
First post here

I'm glad to find this thread, very informative. I have been looking for an inexpensive way to talk to the hubby when riding, I think I've found my answer
yaknvdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 10:32 AM   #70
Stomp
Imprisoned Wanderlust

Oddometer: 694
Quote:
Originally Posted by spenserj87
I'm very interested in the Sena, but I've been waiting to see what Webbikeworld.com has to say about the Sena vs the Cardo Scala G4 after their comparison testing. For those on the other end of a phone call, is the noise suppression quality on the Sena as good as the G4? Not that I plan to make many calls anyway. Is the capability of the G4's firmware to be updated a huge advantage?

Right now, it sounds like the "easy of use knob" on the Sena - and the beefier, louder, better quality speakers - are the potential advantages of the Sena over the G4 - and cost. The RocketMoto deal is hard to pass up - I just don't want to regret not getting a G4 if it is better.

Anyone have experience with both - care to weigh in?
I use my Sena with an older 2G Iphone (jailbroken so I can get stereo bluetooth) and people on the other end actually say the clarity is BETTER than just talking with the phone held up to my ear. At 70+mph. I do have a big windscreen on the RT, but it's still impressive.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:36 AM   #71
Stomp
Imprisoned Wanderlust

Oddometer: 694
One oddity

Has anyone else with the Sena noticed a series of 3 beeps while riding? I know there is a mode where it searches for intercom, but that's 2 beeps. I charged mine last night and noticed this on the commute this morning. It occurs about every 1 or 2 minutes. Need to contact Sena because I don't see anything in the user manual on it.
Old 04-29-2010, 01:53 PM   #72
WZ4I
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stomp
Has anyone else with the Sena noticed a series of 3 beeps while riding? I know there is a mode where it searches for intercom, but that's 2 beeps. I charged mine last night and noticed this on the commute this morning. It occurs about every 1 or 2 minutes. Need to contact Sena because I don't see anything in the user manual on it.
Do a FULL RESET (press phone button for 12 seconds) ... When we got ours, they were in the VOX mode. By default that was supposed to be off, but it wasn't. That may solve the issue..
WZ4I is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:18 PM   #73
kinkster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
Hi I want to purchase either an Interfone F4 or the Senna but not sure if you need a cable from I phone to senna to listen to music, can anyone clear this up for me?
If you don't need the cable, why do they have the input socket on the Senna?
I have an Autocom at the moment but cant connect Bluetooth and don't want to buy the Bluetooth module to connect Zumo and Iphone because I don't like the cables to helmet, which is why I am buy a pair of BT units.
Also can you listen to music via BT from Iphone to F4?
Old 04-29-2010, 06:20 PM   #74
Wingspan
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinkster
Hi I want to purchase either an Interfone F4 or the Senna but not sure if you need a cable from I phone to senna to listen to music, can anyone clear this up for me?
If you don't need the cable, why do they have the input socket on the Senna?
I have an Autocom at the moment but cant connect Bluetooth and don't want to buy the Bluetooth module to connect Zumo and Iphone because I don't like the cables to helmet, which is why I am buy a pair of BT units.
Also can you listen to music via BT from Iphone to F4?
If you have an iphone (3G or 3Gs), you won't need a cable because the Iphone will link to the Sena via bluetooth for both music and phone functions. The input socket is for listening to music over non-bluetooth equipped devices through a wire.
Old 04-29-2010, 08:10 PM   #75
kinkster
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 117
THANKS WINGSPAN!
Anyone like to comment on which one is better and why Senna or F4?
Thanks Robbi