ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-01-2010, 03:16 PM   #166
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,948
This thread was starting to look like the SC Tag thread...talk about a hornets nest!
Old 04-01-2010, 03:46 PM   #167
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,796
Here are some of my thoughts I have discussed with others on the thread.

First off the thread should not of started without asking a question in the NC TOR concerning if anyone had any issues with starting a local tag game. Nothing can be done about this now, move on.

Relax the tag area restrictions. Something 10 miles outside the rectangle should not count but if you are 5-8 miles outside the boundary and have a good honest physical tag. (i.e. Historical Indian camp, old historical structure not a Kanagroo gas station not an Applebee’s restaurant something truly old and unique.)

Allow File tags on the bases when you grab a tag you state next tag coming, file tag and post it within 30-45 minutes of the tag grab. If you have to ride to grab another tag let people know you are out hunting for the next tag.

DO NOT wait 12 hours and post a file tag.

Use the file tag to get good honest tag subjects and to keep the tags moving. Now life happens: if you’re 6 hours into the time frame and kids get sick, bike break, or work calls post up the file tag and let people know. Everyone gets a mulligan but if you do this two or three tags in a roll then your integrity comes into question.

No grabbing a tag – placing a tag – and grabbing the next tag. This will eliminate the look of tags being handed off to someone else. Now if the tag has sat for 18-24 hours it is free game for anyone. This will give more people chances to grab tags not just people like me with nothing going on in life.

You can not use the same tag to grab or place the NC –TOR. Hell yes grab them both if you can but keep the body of the games separate.

Just my thoughts. If anyone else agrees or have ideas lets hear them.
NC-Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #168
wavygravy
Stupid Hurts

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Redman
If it wasn't for my dogs I'd have chucked it all by now and be bumming around South America on my motorcycle...
amen!
Past times: GS450L SV650 VF500F KE125 SL125 XL500 DR350 CR125
"Come visit me in the hospital, I dig carnations."
wavygravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 04:45 PM   #169
wavygravy
Stupid Hurts

Oddometer: 308
and these are the days of our lives...
Past times: GS450L SV650 VF500F KE125 SL125 XL500 DR350 CR125
"Come visit me in the hospital, I dig carnations."
wavygravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 05:28 PM   #170
SpeedyG942
Gas Man

Oddometer: 455
Tag!

751 Motorsports- located on Hwy 751 b/n the bridges that cross Jordan Lake

SpeedyG942 screwed with this post 04-01-2010 at 05:58 PM
SpeedyG942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 06:18 PM   #171
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Good Going SpeedyG!!!!

I was thinking I would have to send my Yankee Wife after it!

Now more tagging less bitching agreed?
Old 04-01-2010, 06:53 PM   #172
SpeedyG942
Gas Man

Dear Triangle tag o drama,

I just wanted to throw out a few thoughts in hopes to help create a better thread.
I could write a whole dang book on this topic but I’ll try to keep it brief as I can. The Triangle Tag does threaten to dilute the NC Tag O Rama and that is part of the reason there is animosity here. Truly the Triangle game can easily co-exist without offending the Original NC tag o rama or the participants. The drama here has been entertaining- now let's move on. In fact if you guys want to go back and clean up the thread by nuking all the BS post out of the thread we all stand a better chance at having some cool inmates join in. (In case you don’t know you can edit & “nuke” your post)
Below is just my take on the rules of the game. I respectfully ask JerseyBiker to consider making some updates.
#1 NO FILE PHOTOS CAN BE USED. First off- ditch “no file tag rule” File tags allow better preparation which in turn makes better content for the game. (Reminder: file tags are not to be used to grab a tag…same as NC tag o rama) Example: I have a great photo that I took 30 min before I took the tag grab shot- I'd like to use it right now to be the new tag in play but I sure don't care to stir up a shit storm b/c it was before sunset or somebody clicks my properties of the pic and gets all technical nazi on me when they read the time stamp.
#2 THE PHOTOS OF THE TAG SHALL BE AS CLOSE AS THE PREVIOUS TAG PHOTOS AS POSSIBLE. That means that the tagger needs to make sure that his photo can be shot be anyone on any bike. The taggers bike needs to be in the photo. If a road is goverment maintained and legal to ride than it is fair game. Gravel or not. Also tell us where the tag was. Whatever the disclosure needs to be here is fine. The point is that even if the golf course looks to be a fine place to ride you are gonna piss somebody off. Just keep it legal enough that you only end up making friends if somebody asks you what you are doing. No point in arguing private vs. whatever.
The other point is that one should hopefully try to replicate the original photo. In other words, enjoy the details and frame the shot. If a unique angle is used it should be attempted by you the tagger. Don’t get all bent out of shape on this (no whining!) sometimes it’s not practical, just try when you can. Look way back through the NC Tag photos and you will see some creative photography. NCS’s picture of the Chapel Hill wishing well using the mirror of his bike comes to mind as a fine example

#3 NO WHINING.
GREAT RULE!

#4 KEEP IT MOVING. If you grab a tag, post the next one within 12 hours.
If a tag is standing too long you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag.

Adopt the “standard” 24 hr rule. Experience dictates that this game moves quick in this area…no need for the regulation. Also just consider if this game lives long enough the daylight will be shorter in the winter.
#5 HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It does not matter who got to it first, He who posts first wins the tag.

The geographic area for this game is the map below. All tags must be within the area shown in the map below
Whatever the boundary is, the idea was to keep it reasonably close and practical for the riders in this area. Leave the map as a “suggested area” …police yourselves taggers. No stress about some stupid map….just enjoy the ride. Regulation Nazis: go run for a congressional position….I mean ….refer to rule #3 J Seriously, it will move so dang much around here if it’s on the edge of the map today it will probably be close to you back yard tomorrow.

Most of all guys: Have fun riding ADV style! Remember the miles that turn by on the odometer make the journey. The place you learn about makes the tag. The people you meet along the way make the memories.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:04 PM   #173
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,093
Right now I just want to stop being sick. Not only did I get bruced, I got food poisoning from dinner out there. :(
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 07:06 PM   #174
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

"The drama here has been entertaining- now let's move on. In fact if you guys want to go back and clean up the thread by nuking all the BS post out of the thread we all stand a better chance at having some cool inmates join in. (In case you don’t know you can edit & “nuke” your post) "

This I will do!!!

OK I just cleaned up most of mine so the thread reads cleaner. I left everything I had placing grabbing a tag.

I just went from the top poster in the thread to #4

NC-Okie screwed with this post 04-01-2010 at 07:19 PM
Old 04-01-2010, 07:12 PM   #175
SpeedyG942
Gas Man

So you would really rather wait for me to post a new tag? Is a tag that was photographed on the same ride really a file tag?
This will be my last statement about this but it sure seems to me that you goals are actually hindered by the rules.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:32 PM   #176
SpeedyG942
Gas Man

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker
I would not consider a photo taken within a couple of hours of the Tag photo as being a file tag. What we don't want is photos taken days or weeks ago being used.
Why not? 'Cause a photo from yesterday is really only worth 999 words now?!
Sorry ...couldn't resist. So when does a photo become a file tag?

Dang when Okie nuked everything refreshing the screen sure was wierd- post jumping back pages.

Hey Rugby, What did you eat? You didn't get sushi from Jordan Lake did you?
You should post your bruce pic.....might be the next in line if I botch the 12 hr mark.
Old 04-01-2010, 07:44 PM   #177
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedyG942
Why not? 'Cause a photo from yesterday is really only worth 999 words now?!
Sorry ...couldn't resist. So when does a photo become a file tag?

Dang when Okie nuked everything refreshing the screen sure was wierd- post jumping back pages.

Hey Rugby, What did you eat? You didn't get sushi from Jordan Lake did you?
You should post your bruce pic.....might be the next in line if I botch the 12 hr mark.
chicken burrito from carburritos. :(
the actual tag was to dark to see in the pic
:(
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2010, 08:28 PM   #178
buddha
buried in the sand...

Oddometer: 704
Rugby... I hope it's just food poisoning, but it prob'ly ain't. My little girl's been puking her guts out all night, and I'm staying close to the bathroom myself. We ate different foods all day. There's a stomach virus going around.
Old 04-02-2010, 05:34 AM   #179
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Well with the stated rule change/clarification JerseyBiker posted it will fall back to me.

NC-Okie screwed with this post 04-02-2010 at 05:43 AM
Old 04-02-2010, 06:09 AM   #180
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 5,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker
Guys -

Doing the best I can but, per a pm, apparently not a good job.

I just would like to ride and have fun and, to be honest, didn't realize how many feathers would get ruffled in the process of starting this thread. Others, with more experience, feel they can do a better job running the game and, to be honest, I'm sure that's true. I'm a noob to the tagging stuff and take no offense at the suggestions that were made.

I'm open to turning "control" or "ownership" or whatever to someone else to run the show and then I can just be one of the players.

Anyone know how that can be done?
Anyone want to step in and run the game for all of us?

" I don't want a pickle -- just wanna ride my motorcycle"
David I'm sorry this has turned into a whining fest... This is your creation do it the way you see fit...for those naysayers...If you dont like it ...DONT PLAY! No one is forcing you...

2001 Honda ST1100...STOC#7000
1979 Yamaha XS1100F Go Your Own Way
"Never too Far...Never too cold...Never too wet..." Moonshine Lunch Run Mantra... RIP Terry Hammond

STBNE screwed with this post 04-02-2010 at 04:32 PM
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote