ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2010, 06:16 AM   #181
SpeedyG942
Gas Man

Oddometer: 454
Perhaps we can think about over the weekend and hope to have a quorum at the RTP lunch spot on Wed. There are plenty of Bruce's out there for those of you who can't just ride aimlessly until then.

I've PM'd some fresh ideas to a couple of folks but have been reluctant to post up just yet. I'd rather have the details worked out and everybody on the same page. Most of all, everybody's attitude toward's the game (and each other) should be positive. If the mood is set right there should be no real worry about rules.
SpeedyG942 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:29 AM   #182
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,798
JerseyBiker question for you, "i.e. not all the rules may make sense but, they were considered and discussed before enacted." Yes but the thread target audience is bigger then the Wednesday Lunch crowd. A question should of been asked in the NC TOR thread asking for triangle riders input on a triangle TOR. This would of given more of the target riders a chance to have input and share thoughts. Making a more usable more easly accepted outcome.

What do they say looking back on things eyesight is 20/20.
NC-Okie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:36 AM   #183
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC-Okie
JerseyBiker question for you, "i.e. not all the rules may make sense but, they were considered and discussed before enacted." Yes but the thread target audience is bigger then the Wednesday Lunch crowd. A question should of been asked in the NC TOR thread asking for triangle riders input on a triangle TOR. This would of given more of the target riders a chance to have input and share thoughts. Making a more usable more easly accepted outcome.

What do they say looking back on things eyesight is 20/20.
Yes hindsight is 20/20...and what you have said does hold merit. This should have been brought up to everyone on the site and not just the lunch venue... so that was one noob mistake...sheeez if you want perfection die and go to heaven...LOL I agree positive attitudes need to be put into play...narrowminded knee jerk reactions do little to help the situation. So lets see if this TOR can truly spead its wings and fly on its own...

2001 Honda ST1100...STOC#7000
1979 Yamaha XS1100F Go Your Own Way
"Never too Far...Never too cold...Never too wet..." Moonshine Lunch Run Mantra... RIP Terry Hammond
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 06:45 AM   #184
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Several members have made suggestions both in the thread and in PM's and JerseyBiker REFUSED any and everyone of them. The classic it is my ball I am going home threat, not well played.
Old 04-02-2010, 06:52 AM   #185
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

The sad thing is the NC TOR is getting ready to drop off the front page.

How times have changed .
Old 04-02-2010, 07:52 AM   #186
FishHunt
slow poking...

Oddometer: 1,298
Quote:
Originally Posted by STBNE
So lets see if this TOR can truly spead its wings and fly on its own...
Flutag anyone?

I thought the point of the tag games was to get folks out riding and having fun. I may be missing the boat here but how much fun can it be (only using this as one example) to ride into town and take a picture of your bike in front of a dry cleaner? I am 100% sure there are a lot of interesting places to see and tag in the confines of this tag game. I can think of a few dozen cool tags on the western side of the tag map. Everyone of them would be easy grabs for the 9 to 5 working taggers before or after work. According to the scale on the map you are playing tag in a (roughly) 35 x 47 mile box, how hard can it be for the ADV crowd to cover that area well?

I would play this tag game as well if you had 24 hours to post the new tag and had the option of using a file tag when you needed one. I may start playing anyway and post each new tag at some obscure location on the western side of the map on my way home. A four corners tagging of the TTOR map wouldn't be out of the question.

<>< Fish

Be good and you will be lonesome - Mark Twain
Old 04-02-2010, 08:38 AM   #187
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by FishHunt
Flutag anyone?

I thought the point of the tag games was to get folks out riding and having fun. I may be missing the boat here but how much fun can it be (only using this as one example) to ride into town and take a picture of your bike in front of a dry cleaner? I am 100% sure there are a lot of interesting places to see and tag in the confines of this tag game. I can think of a few dozen cool tags on the western side of the tag map. Everyone of them would be easy grabs for the 9 to 5 working taggers before or after work. According to the scale on the map you are playing tag in a (roughly) 35 x 47 mile box, how hard can it be for the ADV crowd to cover that area well?

I would play this tag game as well if you had 24 hours to post the new tag and had the option of using a file tag when you needed one. I may start playing anyway and post each new tag at some obscure location on the western side of the map on my way home. A four corners tagging of the TTOR map wouldn't be out of the question.

<>< Fish
Yes, the cleaners was a bad choice. Sorry for that.
I had two places to go tag, Merideth college for one, but there were news crews there, and way to many people.
I just stuck that one up to be lazy. Sorry for that.
(I enjoy riding but I SUCK placing tags. )
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:37 AM   #188
mothra
Rally Driver

Oddometer: 728
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW
Where the F@#$ is the current tag?

Shut and and play already!
Exactly....i think that NCOkie is holding it. This has sat long enough that I think a fresh tag photo is in order to get things started fresh and new. I have a sweet file tag (not a dry cleaner I promise) I could use to get the ball rolling again.

??? Are we going to allow file photos for next tags?????

'02 F650GS Dakar (looking for an NC plated endure to lighten the load)
mothra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:41 AM   #189
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,093
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothra
Exactly....i think that NCOkie is holding it. This has sat long enough that I think a fresh tag photo is in order to get things started fresh and new. I have a sweet file tag (not a dry cleaner I promise) I could use to get the ball rolling again.

??? Are we going to allow file photos for next tags?????
Nope it's speedyg that's holding it up.

That said, i'm still sick, so i'm ok with it not moving as I don't think it would be a good idea to try riding right now. Could be messy.

(I'm sure everyone wanted that explanation)
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 09:46 AM   #190
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBiker
Hmmm...interesting. You've PM'ed a couple of folks but apparently not me. So you are going to "work out the details" and I'm not even going to be advised what these details are?

And you are going to have a quorum at lunch....so, this is now a game being run by some group.....interesting.

Okay folks
OPEN WHINING!

I resign.
I suck at running the game - that I can live with.
Back room politics - whining - complaining - I can't

However it needs to be done - start a new thread or whatever - go forth and do it.

I'm done.

CLOSE WHINING
Hang Tight People:

From JerseyBikers post he quit the thread and asked for a new thread. So I took it as the Thread is closed.

Add some inputs in how a usable thread would work and rebuild from the pieces of this one. Or wait and a new will start or an addition to the NC TOR thread. Several Ideals are been discussed.

I have already had plans for a weekend ride west so I am prepping for that.

Or just get out and ride.
Old 04-02-2010, 09:51 AM   #191
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,981

WHo gives a shit who starts the thread, no one person is responsible for it's upkeep or maintenance, it's not a friggin dog, it's a THREAD!

The 12 hour limit has expired on the last tag, it reverts back to the previous person.

A Triangle game has bee nstarted.

If you're bothered by that concept, don't play.

If the rules make you violently ill....don't play.

Worse than a bunch of women!
Old 04-02-2010, 10:12 AM   #192
mothra
Rally Driver

Triangle Tag-O-Rama Rules Take 2

Let's try this for rules to ride by. Should make things fun again. Four corners tagging of cool sites is highly encouraged!
Hell draw a pentagram across the map if you want. But only use dry cleaners

The game is simple, the rules are easy, the goal is to get people out riding. With the goal in mind, please don't make the clues so hard that we have to surf longer on the net than we have to ride to get the tag. So here are the rules .

#1 FILE PHOTOS CAN ONLY BE USED TO PLACE A TAG NOT TO GET THE TAG.

#2 THE PHOTOS OF THE TAG SHALL BE AS CLOSE AS THE PREVIOUS TAG PHOTOS AS POSSIBLE. That means that the tagger needs to make sure that his photo can be shot be anyone on any bike. The taggers bike needs to be in the photo. If a road is goverment maintained and legal to ride than it is fair game. Gravel or not. Also tell us where the tag was.

#3 NO WHINING.

#4 KEEP IT MOVING. If you grab a tag, post the next one within 24 hours. If you don't post the new tag within 24 hours, you forfeit your tag to the previous tagger.
If a tag is standing too long you will be asked to post a clue or a new tag.

#5 HE WHO POSTS FIRST WINS. It does not matter who got to it first, He who posts first wins the tag.

#6 You can not use the same tag to grab or place the NC –TOR.

The geographic area for this game is the map below. All tags must be within the area shown in the map below (or close enough and awesome enough to be of interest to riders in the triangle area).

That is it. So lets have fun and ride safe. Lets go play TAG!!

Old 04-02-2010, 10:59 AM   #193
mothra
Rally Driver

So are we gonna play............

It's Friday the weather is great, no rain for the weekend, and most have the weekend off. My bike is still broke but I want to see some others ride and see a few old familiar places and some new ones posted up around the triangle. I spend most of my weekends in Wake Forest and as soon as I get the bike fixed I am playing even if I have to play with myself

Old 04-02-2010, 11:02 AM   #194
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 5,678
Quote:
Originally Posted by mothra
So are we gonna play............

It's Friday the weather is great, no rain for the weekend, and most have the weekend off. My bike is still broke but I want to see some others ride and see a few old familiar places and some new ones posted up around the triangle. I spend most of my weekends in Wake Forest and as soon as I get the bike fixed I am playing even if I have to play with myself
Well good on you...despite the naysayer...we will play inspite of him

2001 Honda ST1100...STOC#7000
1979 Yamaha XS1100F Go Your Own Way
"Never too Far...Never too cold...Never too wet..." Moonshine Lunch Run Mantra... RIP Terry Hammond
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 11:03 AM   #195
mothra
Rally Driver

Sadly....I think that we need just need a tag to get things started again.

It looks like the NC751 out by Jordan Lake needs to be grabbed and we can move forward. OK to use file tags to place the next tag and you get 24 hours on the tag. Still no whining and no generally being a doucebag!

mothra screwed with this post 04-02-2010 at 11:14 AM