ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-13-2012, 10:27 AM   #6811
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,726
Quote:
Originally Posted by STBNE View Post
Zebulon public library has wifi and I think they leave it on all the time...alot of public libraries have it...so consider that next time you're searching...you went right by it today too.
Thanks! I need to get a list of sites that offer it. I've found a handful, but typically just look for a McD's or Starbucks if I'm on the road. The tablet takes more time than I'd like to boot and I don't want to stop and check for signal at random. I am getting a procedure down for posting from it, but it involves taking the pic with my phone and uploading it to Photobucket (at dialup speed) first. I just got a file manager app for the tablet that may allow me to use the SD card in the camera and upload directly from the tablet which would save a bunch of time. Going to have to play with it to see if I can make it work first.

The more I learn about Android, the more pathetic it seems. If Windows tablets were reasonably priced, I'd certainly go that route. The beta for Windows 8 looks pretty cool.

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:29 AM   #6812
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by STBNE View Post
the lot...or the new sign up on the fence?...No... but I did tag their office door...ya know the glass one them angry idiots always break... That place is 4 miles from my house...
Every time I go by there, there's a crowd of groupies hanging around. Well, except for today, but I feared it. They had a bunch of t-shirts hanging up and I knew the minute I pulled in there to get a picture, I'd be surrounded by fans of the show.

They called the off road park I hang out at in Henderson last year and wanted to stage a repo there. We didn't let them.

Old 05-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #6813
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 6,070
well I thougth at first my droid phone was great but things have changed and...like the new updates have changed the way the apps originally worked and now I am not really happy with how much worse theit seems to be...especially when i want to post from the road. Phone app is supposed to take my pic and send it automatically to photobucket...everytime...but lately it has been doing so less than 50% of the time...I have to retrieve the pic from the phone's gallery and share the link to upload to PB...that takes about 3-5 mins depending on if its going thru wifi or 3g phone network. This fone is history at the end of this month...I mainly use it to text with my deaf co-workers and supervisor...a real IPhone looks to be a big improvement over this bargain basement cheapy ...
your system sounds pretty cumbersome...never tried an IPad...i would think they'd be as fast as the iphones? No one around when I snapped this...

STBNE screwed with this post 05-13-2012 at 10:45 AM
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 10:49 AM   #6814
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

iPad and iPhone are the same technology and same OS. They should give you similar performance. They're just expensive. Well, too expensive for me. I found this tablet on craigslist for $70.00. It was essentially brand new. They retail for about $130-$150 and I was able to upgrade it to Android 4. (I refuse to call their versions by their cutesy little trade names.) I hate google and I feel filthy every time I use the thing, but, well, you know - it's all about the tagging.

My system IS cumbersome, but it's a step up from having to run home to post. My cell phone is provided by my employer and I haven't been able to justify spending what I'd need to for a smartphone essentially for this game.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:28 PM   #6815
lonewolf97
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,224
Lonewolf97

Grab #717

They have some nice man jewlry there. well within range of my dr
lonewolf97 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:42 PM   #6816
lonewolf97
Beastly Adventurer

Lonewolf97

Tri tor #718

This isn't the tag I had in mind. I cut my ride short due to the lite stinging rain. My idea was to tag a good hotdog spot for tomorrow after work. maybe next time..

This place is on a corner where an archer had a lodge in Johnston County. O there is a ball field and a church named after an oak tree nearby.
Old 05-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #6817
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf97 View Post
Tri tor #718

This isn't the tag I had in mind. I cut my ride short due to the lite stinging rain. My idea was to tag a good hotdog spot for tomorrow after work. maybe next time..

This place is on a corner where an archer had a lodge in Johnston County. O there is a ball field and a church named after an oak tree nearby.
Right down the road from an old MX track we used to ride at. Know right where that one's at.

Old 05-13-2012, 01:47 PM   #6818
schnabba
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,337
bout time!

yeah - I need to stay away from those stores. I end up with too many toys. Don't ever get a CCW, it means it's a lot easier to get a handgun, and then before you know it, you've got enough in a safe to make a John Woo movie. Never been inside perry's - I usually drive down to fuquay.

I got my iphone for $50? verizon every 2 years trade in crap, and then I just got the base model. The data plan is what gets you. Alternately, you could buy an iphone and not get a cell plan I suppose.... even remove the SIM card at that point. I think they call those the "ipod touch" (there is a difference - the camera is different on the iphone, it's worlds better, and there are a few other minor things). But it does wireless.

food for thought. I bet there are sites out there that explain how to get an older iphone (like a 3 or so) and basically use it like an ipod touch. Haven't looked at pricing on ebay recently (seems like people want too much for old iphones)
Old 05-13-2012, 01:48 PM   #6819
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

oh I know where this is...without google...LOL but my time to play this weekend is over...gotta get some sleep before heading into work tonight see y'all next week...
Old 05-13-2012, 01:53 PM   #6820
lonewolf97
Beastly Adventurer

Lonewolf97

I posted this because I just liked it.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:12 PM   #6821
lonewolf97
Beastly Adventurer

Lonewolf97

sorry it took so long, We had a lot of family over for Mother's day lunch and home made icecream. All you guys don't forget to call your Mom's. I know what you mean about the CCW. Perry has a lot of my hard earned cash already. I do have a new galaxy nexus phone, haven't learned how to use it yet. too smart for me.
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnabba View Post
bout time!

yeah - I need to stay away from those stores. I end up with too many toys. Don't ever get a CCW, it means it's a lot easier to get a handgun, and then before you know it, you've got enough in a safe to make a John Woo movie. Never been inside perry's - I usually drive down to fuquay.

I got my iphone for $50? verizon every 2 years trade in crap, and then I just got the base model. The data plan is what gets you. Alternately, you could buy an iphone and not get a cell plan I suppose.... even remove the SIM card at that point. I think they call those the "ipod touch" (there is a difference - the camera is different on the iphone, it's worlds better, and there are a few other minor things). But it does wireless.

food for thought. I bet there are sites out there that explain how to get an older iphone (like a 3 or so) and basically use it like an ipod touch. Haven't looked at pricing on ebay recently (seems like people want too much for old iphones)
Old 05-13-2012, 02:54 PM   #6822
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Quote:
sorry it took so long, We had a lot of family over for Mother's day lunch and home made icecream. All you guys don't forget to call your Mom's. I know what you mean about the CCW. Perry has a lot of my hard earned cash already. I do have a new galaxy nexus phone, haven't learned how to use it yet. too smart for me.
no apologies necessary...game has moved well today all things considered. Gotta go for my CCW been putting it off...but 1st i need to find carry piece. have not been in many gunshops but I have been in Perry's...they're pretty helpful and they did answer alot of my questions about the legal process and they did show me a few handguns even though I dont have a permit yet...I'm more of a rifle/shotgun guy but its still nice to have a CCW. If anyone has any firearms forsale or has any good reccommendations for concealed carry pls PM me...also looking for a legal place to target shoot....and not across the Neuse at Erik's house at 3 a.m.
Old 05-13-2012, 02:57 PM   #6823
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

While I've never been in Perry's, my boss has been going there for years and highly recommends them.

Old 05-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #6824
schnabba
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I posted this because I just liked it.
Awesome! A close friend of mine met ralph there at camp perry last year - he still shoots I think :) The funniest is a blog I read about some crazy chick in california - she sat next to him on a plane, and didn't realize he was a celebrity until about the 10th person to ask for an autograph.... and , get this - she taught him to knit - hahahaaa!! (he thought it was funny that an old marine learned to knit).

He's pretty cool in person.

bonus points for the picture!
Old 05-13-2012, 03:36 PM   #6825
schnabba
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
sorry it took so long, We had a lot of family over for Mother's day lunch and home made icecream. All you guys don't forget to call your Mom's..
absolutely! mine passed away last june - battled cancer for 23 years. She was something! I'm sure she's smiling on all the fun we have with this game (she didn't like me riding, but she understood).

Stay safe and have a great mother's day