ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2012, 08:38 PM   #7576
FirstLight
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 172
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnabba View Post
some great ideas for the crutches! man - I'm so ready to ride it hurts!
Tell me about it! 5 weeks and counting on crutches for me. Strom has been sitting in the garage all alone for 6 weeks! And missed some of the most gorgeous weather this year, so when I get back it'll be 100. Hope you can ride soon.
FirstLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 06:41 AM   #7577
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 6,304
the current tag violates rule #2 that states tags must be accessible to all bikes and this one is not...my bike weighs 730 frickin pounds...its not going off the road... I think we need a new tag...between all the chatter and folks not playin fair with the off road shots...this TOR has degraded...ok rule 2 really says that all bikes should be able to recreate the tag shot...accessibility to all is implied... but tagger clearly states that you'd need a d/s bike to get this...therefore...this tag is invalid.aside from riding there what is so interesting about this tag?? Nothing...why theres more interesting tags with a dry cleaners...but some broken down delapidated shack obscurred by overgrowth...

STBNE screwed with this post 06-27-2012 at 07:35 AM
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:34 AM   #7578
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by STBNE View Post
the current tag violates rule #2 that states tags must be accessible to all bikes and this one is not...my bike weighs 730 frickin pounds...its not going off the road... I think we need a new tag...between all the chatter and folks not playin fair with the off road shots...this TOR has degraded...ok rule 2 really says that all bikes should be able to recreate the tag shot...accessibility to all is implied... but tagger clearly states that you'd need a d/s bike to get this...therefore...this tag is invalid.aside from riding there what is so interesting about this tag?? Nothing...why theres more interesting tags with a dry cleaners...but some broken down delapidated shack obscurred by overgrowth...
shot anywhere close would be fine.
i cant ride for it as omw out of india i ate something i shouldnt have.
paying for it now. :(
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:58 AM   #7579
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
i cant ride for it as omw out of india i ate something i shouldnt have.
paying for it now. :(
Didn't that just happen not too long ago with you and chinese food?

I think a pattern is being established.

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:09 PM   #7580
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,099
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Didn't that just happen not too long ago with you and chinese food?

I think a pattern is being established.
That was at least about 12-24 hours.
this is going on a lot more days than I wanted. :(

started Saturday with a vengeance, took enough Imodium for a small army, made the flight back from there bearable, then it broke free.

Felt like the scene in dumb and dumber. :(
Been recreating it about every 30 minutes since. :(
hscrugby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 01:15 PM   #7581
KingJarhead
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,913
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
That was at least about 12-24 hours.
this is going on a lot more days than I wanted. :(

started Saturday with a vengeance, took enough Imodium for a small army, made the flight back from there bearable, then it broke free.

Felt like the scene in dumb and dumber. :(
Been recreating it about every 30 minutes since. :(
I feel you pain, I got hit with the same thing in Instanbul, Turkey. Both ends were projectiIe... ended up getting treated for E.Coli. You will be ever so vigilant from now on. I worked for a year in Mexico and never "got sick". I bought a backpacking water purifier and a Steripen for the water.
Yup...good luck....
Old 06-27-2012, 02:14 PM   #7582
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,762
Benny read his next post. I asked about that(thinking of you lol) and he said from the road getting a pic of the bridge and river in the shot would be fine.
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 03:35 PM   #7583
robrides85
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
What Chad said regarding the alternate shot - just wanted to show you guys a nice place to get into the Haw if you ever have the desire to go kayaking/canoeing - the stretch between there and Chicken Bridge (where I usually take out - takes about 2 hours max) is my favorite.

If any of you are running Android and using it as a GPS to grab tags, download the latest version of Maps today - it allows you to download the maps to an entire area for offline use - I picked up almost the entire Triangle at about 40MB, so even if I don't have service, I still have location.
Old 06-27-2012, 06:08 PM   #7584
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 6,304
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrides85 View Post
What Chad said regarding the alternate shot - just wanted to show you guys a nice place to get into the Haw if you ever have the desire to go kayaking/canoeing - the stretch between there and Chicken Bridge (where I usually take out - takes about 2 hours max) is my favorite.

If any of you are running Android and using it as a GPS to grab tags, download the latest version of Maps today - it allows you to download the maps to an entire area for offline use - I picked up almost the entire Triangle at about 40MB, so even if I don't have service, I still have location.
thats cool...no problem...I'm just bitchin cause I cant get off road...
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2012, 08:05 PM   #7585
schnabba
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,452
I was gonna bitch because I can't get on road! I'll just stick to complaining about clues instead, I'm getting better at that! haha!

a good thing to give alternate tag spots at a given location too.... whatever the feature is, but give people a few options.

Sorry to hear about the issues there on the subcontinent there chris. That little bike does look way cool.

schnabba screwed with this post 06-28-2012 at 06:52 AM
schnabba is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:31 PM   #7586
Flashback
Mommys Lil Monster

Oddometer: 3,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by robrides85 View Post
Wouldn't recommend recreating this exact pic with anything other than a DS - just off the road, but down a rutted embankment to a spot where kayakers access the river. The bridge in the background (you see it, right?) is one bridge upstream from Chicken Bridge bridge. Oh yeah, it's a boundary tag too.
Well let's see...I found the Chicken Bridge so I guess that makes this tag the Greensboro Bridge, that is if I'm not missing something.

Flashback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 01:33 PM   #7587
robrides85
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flashback View Post
Well let's see...I found the Chicken Bridge so I guess that makes this tag the Greensboro Bridge, that is if I'm not missing something.
Nope, you are correct!
Old 06-29-2012, 05:47 PM   #7588
schnabba
Beastly Adventurer

better underlayer! I have to get down to light merino wool or synthetics under the stich in the summer. Does ok though. baggy pants and a set of lycra under the pants keep you fine.

good venting is needed.... and a lighter color to help keep the heat down, which works.

still sweat, but having it wick away really helps.
Old 06-29-2012, 06:31 PM   #7589
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,932
Quote:
Originally Posted by schnabba View Post
better underlayer! I have to get down to light merino wool or synthetics under the stich in the summer. Does ok though. baggy pants and a set of lycra under the pants keep you fine.

good venting is needed.... and a lighter color to help keep the heat down, which works.

still sweat, but having it wick away really helps.
Cycle Gear has some cheap hot weather undergear on sale. Seems to get good reviews. If I'd had the time, I would have run over this evening to check it out. Not a CG fan, but I'm not going to shoot myself in the foot either.

http://www.cyclegear.com/eng/brands/heat-out

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:11 PM   #7590
schnabba
Beastly Adventurer

dicks sporting goods has similar stuff - and there is always the el cheapo stuff at walmart (same material blends). I have some underarmor I get on sale off season - it holds up ok. Not worth full price.

synthetics suck - they pick up odor in half a day and stink to high heaven. Merino wool or silk is better, but much more expensive.

get cheap stuff, 2 pair, and wash one in the sink or whatever, or get the other stuff, and wear it more days before washing