ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2013, 02:35 AM   #13111
mmonce
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 529
Not a tag, not a grab, just a one finger salute to this place.

mmonce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:18 AM   #13112
mmonce
Studly Adventurer

New tag

New Marroitt Residence Inn. TW Alexander & Glenwood. Sitework underway, no structure yet.

Old 08-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #13113
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,427
Hey, Kent. Every time that Harley gives you fits, just look at this picture. 60,000 miles, and kaboom. We find out the full extent of the damage tomorrow, but I think it tried to eat itself.

Cape Fear was the only HD dealer that would touch it within two weeks. 3 dealers said they couldn't get to it. Really? Is that how HD dealers take care of their customers who actually ride?

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Old 08-28-2013, 07:13 PM   #13114
turtlemoye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by RidingDonkeys View Post

Cape Fear was the only HD dealer that would touch it within two weeks. 3 dealers said they couldn't get to it. Really? Is that how HD dealers take care of their customers who actually ride?
Ugh, that sucks. Is that your in-laws?

You can come in if you want but I'm not putting on pants for you.
2013 Husky Terra

2013 Husky TE 511
turtlemoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:26 PM   #13115
RidingDonkeys
Purveyor of Awesome

Oddometer: 7,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemoye View Post
Ugh, that sucks. Is that your in-laws?
Yep. They tear into the engine tomorrow and we'll get a verdict. But the sound he described tells me that he's about to buy a new engine.

Sent from the voices in my head and transcribed by their drinking buddy...
Old 08-29-2013, 12:25 PM   #13116
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,097
Any of you guys know anything about these bikes:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/3980292886.html

Older kz750... looking for a commuter bike again, hopefully have the money..... but you never know.. Damn bills..
Old 08-29-2013, 12:49 PM   #13117
stucknarut
Uh oh...

Oddometer: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by hscrugby View Post
Any of you guys know anything about these bikes:

http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/3980292886.html

Older kz750... looking for a commuter bike again, hopefully have the money..... but you never know.. Damn bills..
I had one briefly, didn't hate it. Solid motor, comfy to ride, handled ok, cheap to maintain, smooth power band, good speed. Your basic early 80s inline 4 UJM. If you'd rather have a much newer Kawi with a busted tank instead, lemme know :).
stucknarut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 01:51 PM   #13118
mmonce
Studly Adventurer

Flying to Tampa, FL for a short weekend to visit family in a couple of weeks. Thinking about renting a Harley Road King while there. Anybody ever rented via Harley? If so, how the experience, the quality of the rental?

Not enough time to ride the Strom down there and back. I think I share that issue with you'all here, not enough time.
Old 08-29-2013, 01:54 PM   #13119
mmonce
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmonce View Post
Flying to Tampa, FL for a short weekend to visit family in a couple of weeks. Thinking about renting a Harley Road King while there. Anybody ever rented via Harley? If so, how the experience, the quality of the rental?

Not enough time to ride the Strom down there and back. I think I share that issue with you'all here, not enough time.
I will make sure they don't try to rent me a 3-wheeler with 60K.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:05 PM   #13120
BlueM00se
'Cuse LAX Fan

Oddometer: 931
Quote:

We had a couple of certificates for free Harley rentals. I used them twice and the bikes were both in good shape. Can't say that I really enjoyed the bikes, but that's just my taste in bikes. The rental process was quick and easy, but I'm not sure how much of that is controlled by the dealer.
BlueM00se is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 02:20 PM   #13121
mmonce
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM00se View Post
We had a couple of certificates for free Harley rentals. I used them twice and the bikes were both in good shape. Can't say that I really enjoyed the bikes, but that's just my taste in bikes. The rental process was quick and easy, but I'm not sure how much of that is controlled by the dealer.
Hey Dave, would you have paid money to rent them if you didn't have another ride option?
Old 08-29-2013, 02:45 PM   #13122
Forrest6775
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 185
Rented a scrambler in SF a few weeks ago and rode to big sur. As soon as I hit open road I wished I would have gotten a gs or vstrom. Harley could be enjoyable but don't expect much performance wise.
Forrest6775 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:14 PM   #13123
BlueM00se
'Cuse LAX Fan

Oddometer: 931
Quote:
Hey Dave, would you have paid money to rent them if you didn't have another ride option?
If I was in an area where I really wanted to ride and didn't have any other option (say Rocky Mountain National Park), then definietly. Tougher call if I was in Central Florida with family obligations! I think they had half day prices as well if you can only sneak away for awhile.
BlueM00se is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:53 PM   #13124
mmonce
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM00se View Post
If I was in an area where I really wanted to ride and didn't have any other option (say Rocky Mountain National Park), then definietly. Tougher call if I was in Central Florida with family obligations! I think they had half day prices as well if you can only sneak away for awhile.
Good point about the boring riding environment in FL. Either way, it would be good for me to have wheels to visit different family members and not relying on bumming rides.
Old 08-29-2013, 04:07 PM   #13125
easy_dualsport
Easy E

Oddometer: 380
Mike, I've rented Ultra Glides twice. Rented once in AZ and once here in NC. I thought it was well worth it. They rent the latest model year I think everywhere, so you get a new to very new bike. The experience for me was very good, I plan to do it again for a two up weekend with my girlfriend sometime. It's not cheap, nothing HD is, but it lives up to the promise in my experience.

Quote:

Raleigh, NC
ZR-7 2000
WR250R 2010
easy_dualsport is offline   Reply With Quote