ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2013, 08:06 AM   #13321
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,889
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW View Post
Across the street......

Yep:

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:03 AM   #13322
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,092
Raining up here right now. We won the lotto, and are in the 20% chance for the day I guess.

Remember when the tag would move 3 or 4 times a day? Ah, the old days....before I quit playing! People bitched and moaned that the tag was "too far" from the Triangle. etc. Someone started a "tags within 3 miles of my house" game and stepped on someone else's toes, etc. Those were the days!

I've been away from the Triangle tag for almost 2 years now, with only a few occasional check ins, or grabs. See a lot of new bikes, new names, etc, and a few old ones. Glad to be back.

* I really need to start uploading my pics from the road. That was one reason why I didn't enjoy the game as much years ago, prior to my owning a "smartphone". But even now, I still can't upload a pic, and then grab the URL to post it on this site. I have two photo hosting accounts, and can't grab the "share" html from either one. Surely there's a simpler way......?

BHW screwed with this post 10-09-2013 at 09:31 AM
BHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:37 AM   #13323
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Raining up here right now. We won the lotto, and are in the 20% chance for the day I guess.

Remember when the tag would move 3 or 4 times a day? Ah, the old days....before I quit playing! People bitched and moaned that the tag was "too far" from the Triangle. etc. Someone started a "tags within 3 miles of my house" game and stepped on someone else's toes, etc. Those were the days!

I've been away from the Triangle tag for almost 2 years now, with only a few occasional check ins, or grabs. See a lot of new bikes, new names, etc, and a few old ones. Glad to be back.

* I really need to start uploading my pics from the road. That was one reason why I didn't enjoy the game as much years ago, prior to my owning a "smartphone". But even now, I still can't upload a pic, and then grab the URL to post it on this site. I have two photo hosting accounts, and can't grab the "share" html from either one. Surely there's a simpler way......?

It's been busy recently as well... Just a current lull, I think.

As far as posting from the road, I just upload the pic via my PhotoBucket app, copy the URL and paste it into the post here. Took a minute to figure out, but it works pretty flawlessly. I'll be happy to show you in person if we cross paths.

Old 10-09-2013, 10:27 AM   #13324
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
It's been busy recently as well... Just a current lull, I think.

As far as posting from the road, I just upload the pic via my PhotoBucket app, copy the URL and paste it into the post here. Took a minute to figure out, but it works pretty flawlessly. I'll be happy to show you in person if we cross paths.
Tested, Photobucket now working:

Alright, seems to be working now. Based on other questions and comments on Flickr help forum, I'm not the only person to be unable to grab an html while on a portable device.

BHW screwed with this post 10-09-2013 at 10:55 AM
BHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:26 PM   #13325
schnabba
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,368
shoot, I was on vacation, then work like crazy for weeks, then a nice few weekends at the beach, then sick the last 10 days or so (that and fall chores... yardwork crap this time of year, and all the vehicle inspections come due dammit).

Rugby - I almost tagged that same place, but couldn't get a good enough pick of the front! haha!

game will start moving again soon... still probably moving faster than others... every time on the way back into town I check it to see if I can snag it on the way home.
Old 10-09-2013, 07:27 PM   #13326
Chad_NC
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,758
I have only used Photobucket. I have Flikr but don't know how to use it, nor have I tried. Of course I would have to ride to play :(

You got this via Crapatalk
Chad_NC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:30 PM   #13327
schnabba
Beastly Adventurer

photobucket has been problem free, except for the occasional really really slow upload, which not only takes a long time, but eats up the battery. Photobucket is the way to go.
Old 10-10-2013, 07:20 AM   #13328
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

I'm going to take responsibility for this rain. Never fails, new toy in the garage, that I'm itching to ride, ans we get more rain than we've had in months! Last time we had days and days of rain, I had just bought a new mountain bike!
Old 10-10-2013, 07:40 AM   #13329
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm going to take responsibility for this rain. Never fails, new toy in the garage, that I'm itching to ride, ans we get more rain than we've had in months! Last time we had days and days of rain, I had just bought a new mountain bike!
Yep. New bike here. Got a few days of riding in and then four straight days of rain... It's been parked more than it's been ridden

Old 10-10-2013, 12:46 PM   #13330
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

I take it back then, it's your fault!

I got caught out in a mystery shower on Sunday. I think that's the dirtiest my bike has ever been in it's 10 years!
Old 10-10-2013, 02:10 PM   #13331
BlueM00se
'Cuse LAX Fan

Oddometer: 1,085
What happened? Did you guys get new bikes with a lot of chrome that can't go out in the rain???
BlueM00se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #13332
schnabba
Beastly Adventurer

those concours are painted with watercolor based paints, so they will run and bleed colors in the rain don't you know....

I figured it would rain for 3 days... lucky it's more - which is why I did all the yard seeding on saturday. Weekend should clear up.
Old 10-10-2013, 02:42 PM   #13333
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueM00se View Post
What happened? Did you guys get new bikes with a lot of chrome that can't go out in the rain???

Nah, the rain hurts more at triple digit speeds than you guys with just three cylinders are ever likely to encounter...

Old 10-10-2013, 02:43 PM   #13334
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by schnabba View Post
those concours are painted with watercolor based paints, so they will run and bleed colors in the rain don't you know....
Normally, we can just outrun the rain. Again, something you three cylinder folks may not be familiar with...

Old 10-10-2013, 02:48 PM   #13335
BlueM00se
'Cuse LAX Fan

Oddometer: 1,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Nah, the rain hurts more at triple digit speeds than you guys with just three cylinders are ever likely to encounter...

I had always heard that those Connies kept the rider in a cocoon and you never felt the wind or the rain....
BlueM00se is offline   Reply With Quote