ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #14551
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by STBNE View Post
ah but now they say global warming can lead to more extremes in our weather regardless of the polar ice caps melting...and BTW its no longer global warming...its climate change...
So that means more extreme cold winters and extreme heat in summer...get with it...

Nope. That means "we don't know what the fuck we're talking about, but we want to keep you wringing your hands and giving us money". Science is reproducible, not hysterical.

Turning money into spent fossil fuels.
(Smiley crap is implied in all posts.)
wb57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:45 AM   #14552
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
i do believe we are seeing more extreme weather and it seems to be getting worse...for why that is...well I'm not totally convinced that global warming ...if ir is happening ...is anything humans can control or somehow lessen its severity by going green...the only green i see is that which is escaping my wallet....
I believe there is better point to point coverage around the globe which leads folks to think there's more nasty weather.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:16 AM   #14553
Bobk0
MacGyver Minded.

Oddometer: 245
Whats up guys. I've lurked around ADV for awhile and decided to join. Been riding for about 18 years but without a bike for some time. Finally about to get another D.S. Looks like you guys got a cool thread going here, I recognized some of the tagged places around, but have only been in the area for about 2 years. Looks like fun.
Bobk0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 09:37 AM   #14554
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Welcome. Probably no better way to get to know the area than this game. I've found dozens or more places I didn't know about and I've been here since the late 80s.

Old 02-10-2014, 09:44 AM   #14555
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,108
Quote:
...well I'm not totally convinced that global warming ...if ir is happening ...is anything humans can control or somehow lessen its severity by going green...the only green i see is that which is escaping my wallet....

Bingo. We have a winner. The "Green" nonsense is nothing but marketing. I'll be glad when this trend has run it's course. So will my wallet.

Global warming has been debunked. The Earth has gone through "climate cycles" for longer than humans have existed, and will continue to do so long after we're gone. Where we live today, has been VERY close the ocean before, and may likely end up there again. The last time the ocean covered most of Eastern NC, who was to blame for the warming that melted the polar ice caps that time? It's also been hot and dry. The presence of dinosaur remains in places that would normally be considered too cold for such creatures, is telling. The finding of oceanic fossils hundreds of miles from the oceans, is a little telling as well. We've already discovered that the poles of the planet have moved as well. I guess we'll blame that on China? They'll just keep telling us its our fault and finding ways to guilt us into spending more money on things we don't need.

As for school. I hate it, but I think the kids are going to miss 2 or 3 more days.

WRAL insists we're only in for a "trace". I think they're are way off base.

BHW screwed with this post 02-10-2014 at 11:32 AM
BHW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 10:40 AM   #14556
Bobk0
MacGyver Minded.

Oddometer: 245
Quote:
Originally Posted by wb57 View Post
Welcome. Probably no better way to get to know the area than this game. I've found dozens or more places I didn't know about and I've been here since the late 80s.
Thanks, I have always been an explorer. I've been looking at google maps for some areas to ride, and read some on where people go to get offroad. I noticed a bunch of trails off of Page road which look interesting, and some powerline cut-out trails over near Capital powersports. I also read about a huge lot out where Rock quarry road and S. new hope road meet. Is that place still legit?
Bobk0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 12:50 PM   #14557
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

HSCRugby and a few other folks would be the ones to talk to regarding "grey" and not so grey areas around like that. What are you riding?

Old 02-10-2014, 01:24 PM   #14558
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobk0 View Post
Thanks, I have always been an explorer. I've been looking at google maps for some areas to ride, and read some on where people go to get offroad. I noticed a bunch of trails off of Page road which look interesting, and some powerline cut-out trails over near Capital powersports. I also read about a huge lot out where Rock quarry road and S. new hope road meet. Is that place still legit?
There arent many places left. But there are some areas around RTP. Google maps sat view helps. The ones in RTP are the ones. I frequented the most.
Old 02-10-2014, 06:14 PM   #14559
hscrugby
"That guy"

Oddometer: 4,099
I have a bunch up near wake forest that are mostly legit...
Old 02-10-2014, 08:42 PM   #14560
STBNE
Yamaha ADVenturer

Oddometer: 6,358
late call...kids go home tmrw...so that will be 3 more snow days total of 6 to make up before the end of the year...
STBNE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 06:28 AM   #14561
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
late call...kids go home tmrw...so that will be 3 more snow days total of 6 to make up before the end of the year...
Two weeks ago, Johnston County wasn't nearly as "reactive" as Wake, and missed one less day. I'm surprised Wake didn't have a 2hr delay today. I'm afraid to venture far from home today, as I expect them to panic and release early if a flake falls though!

Not snowing or raining out there right now. Who's going riding?
Old 02-11-2014, 07:10 AM   #14562
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW View Post
Two weeks ago, Johnston County wasn't nearly as "reactive" as Wake, and missed one less day. I'm surprised Wake didn't have a 2hr delay today. I'm afraid to venture far from home today, as I expect them to panic and release early if a flake falls though!

Not snowing or raining out there right now. Who's going riding?
Looked okay precipitation-wise when I checked this morning. Then I walked out on the deck and almost busted my ass on the ice. I bailed on riding in to work.

Getting seriously tired of this crap.

Old 02-11-2014, 07:28 AM   #14563
BHW
Beastly Adventurer

If we all go buy snow toys, I'm sure it'll clear up and get warm!
Old 02-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #14564
turtlemoye
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 606
Quote:
Originally Posted by BHW View Post
If we all go buy snow toys, I'm sure it'll clear up and get warm!
Snow toys? You mean like this: http://goodsparkgarage.com/hyperice-...y-indy-ducati/

2013 Husky Terra

2013 Husky TE 511
turtlemoye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 10:57 AM   #14565
wb57
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtlemoye View Post

yes!!!