User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2010, 02:12 AM   #1
motosaint OP
LTLYLTL!

Oddometer: 566
San Francisco to Cancun - Salsa Style!

I've been planning this trip to visit mainland Mexico for a while. I did Baja and the west coast of the mainland last year and thought it was absolutely awesome. But doing Baja via paved roads.. Well, you don't need to do that often. So this year, the mainland. I thought Cancun would be a good place to ride to.

I've also been taking Salsa dancing lessons for the last 10 months. A total blast! Great way to meet people and have fun.. Yeah there is some exercise involved, but it really isn't that much The weird thing is all the different styles of it... There's are L.A., N.Y., Cuban, PR and all kinds of different styles. So I thought a way to make this especially cool would be to find a Salsa club wherever I can. Do a search... Even in your own city.. They are EVERYWHERE But if you don't dance, you are probably very oblivious to the scene. So far, I got places pegged in Los Angeles, Phoenix, Guadalajara, Mexico City and Cancun... And I'm sure there are others along the way!

I was supposed to have left on last Tuesday. But I've had a ton of loose-ends I've been trying to resolve and I just finished everything Saturday afternoon. I hate to leave on a trip and have 'stuff' waiting for me... Even clean sheets on my bed. Yeah, I'm one of those...

So I leave at 9am on Sunday... Hopefully I'll miss the rain that's been hammering us today...

My Adventures

Trip through the American Northwest - Maybe - 2010
San Francisco to San Diego Quickly - 2010
My First Big Mexican Ride - 2009
Northern California for 4 Days - 2008

Current Ride
Suzuki 2002 - DR650 (Anna)

MSF BRC Graduate '07
motosaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 03:39 AM   #2
YnotJP?
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,309
I will be following you, well only from here, but, following just the same. Do they have Motel 6 and Dennys in Mexico, or are you going to be out of your element?

In your past trips, you have proven that a properly prepared DR 650 is an excellent tour motorcycle. Please give us some insight as to what bike prep you have done for this trip.

Thank you, enjoy and ride safe.
YnotJP? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 10:59 AM   #3
motosaint OP
LTLYLTL!

Oddometer: 566
Outside my element :-)

That's funny

I won't be visiting hose places much this time around. I got this great hotel room in downtown Los Angeles, that is not only slightly cheaper than the closest Motel6, but in a nicer neighborhood.

I've also limited myself to going to a Dennys only when it's the best place in town. I've noticed that a Dennys in a big town tends to attract the noisiest people. I love Dennys, but I want to enjoy my food with a nice atmosphere.

Check out my blog at www.motosaint.com and check out 'The Bike/Anna' section. It's quite detailed on how my bike is setup.

Quote:
Originally Posted by YnotJP?
I will be following you, well only from here, but, following just the same. Do they have Motel 6 and Dennys in Mexico, or are you going to be out of your element?

In your past trips, you have proven that a properly prepared DR 650 is an excellent tour motorcycle. Please give us some insight as to what bike prep you have done for this trip.

Thank you, enjoy and ride safe.

My Adventures

Trip through the American Northwest - Maybe - 2010
San Francisco to San Diego Quickly - 2010
My First Big Mexican Ride - 2009
Northern California for 4 Days - 2008

Current Ride
Suzuki 2002 - DR650 (Anna)

MSF BRC Graduate '07
motosaint is offline   Reply With Quote