User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-06-2010, 05:50 AM   #31
Jwats
Bike till u Die

Oddometer: 172
Husqavarna makes a good Torch

Have you ever seen a Husky Flambe ? It may possibly rival Jones Hibachi.
Jwats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 06:57 AM   #32
HWSNBN
Banned

Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwats
Have you ever seen a Husky Flambe ? It may possibly rival Jones Hibachi.
oH man!
HWSNBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2010, 07:17 AM   #33
Jwats
Bike till u Die

Bbriggs photojournalist

For the First time in many years Berg was in the back. Most of the past I was struggling with dust, coupled with diminishing eyesight I could only putt along & look around, with my head on a swivel. Baja was more than I could ever have imagined. This is my 4th trip to the greatest sand box for dirt toys . I have averaged 350 photos on the previous escapades. After the 1st night the rain left as berg would describe; a perpetual seascape on my camera viewfinder. Bbriggs & advjackass were to pull the slack on pictures. I was out front having the BEST ride of my life & occasionally riding well. The sand & mud riding into BOLA was friggin incredible. there is no better way to start a day than with the fun factor through the roof. We packed up in a sprinkle & discussed slabbing it to BOLA, it would be dry & boring, so we tested the trail & proceeded to leave a vapor trail over the sand. It could have lasted all day but was over way too soon. Into BOLA for breakfast & mekanicking. The Safari Tank connection to the existing tank was poor. I carried some extra o-rings anticipating a problem. I hope to remedy the problem soon. The leak was hopefully to remain minimal & did. The extra fuel the tank provided made the trip possible, as you adventurers know, fuel is life.
Old 04-09-2010, 06:27 AM   #34
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer: 457
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-jankowsky/86/31/b04
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 03:32 PM   #35
Jwats
Bike till u Die

wireman needed @ las arrastas

Our dear friend Coco has been running romex and has had a major meltdown. He needs uf cable if possible [direct bury or something that can stand being in the sun & tied to a fence] maybe some 10 ga.some 6ga. or 8 ga for his camper mostly just for voltage drop & 12 ga for the area near his generator, a good razor knife, strippers & a few bags of red wirenuts. 100 ft lengths would be a start, he needs alot.
Old 04-10-2010, 02:47 PM   #36
advjackass
orange crusher

Oddometer: 928
is this one of those reports that never gets finished?
advjackass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #37
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard

He'll finish it.....

....he's waiting to go BACK so he can get some more details fresher from memory. That and to pet FANG and find his wallet.

Stovey
Old 04-10-2010, 05:12 PM   #38
PhiSig1071
What's ******width?

Oddometer: 1,914
Nice RR!

Entia non sunt multiplicanda praeter necessitatem
PhiSig1071 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 09:23 PM   #39
gaspipe
Wandering Soul

Oddometer: 11,335
I get it.

I'm gonna have to call Jay or Berg to get the story.

Hair of the dog....
gaspipe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 07:50 AM   #40
advjackass
orange crusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspipe
I get it.

or get the finished report at cafehusky
Old 04-12-2010, 06:19 AM   #41
HWSNBN
Banned

Oddometer: 2,897
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaspipe
I get it.

And the Radio Played...

Thats what I did, but pics would be kewl.
HWSNBN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2010, 06:31 AM   #42
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Ansel Adams

Even with Joe's busted camera they got some really good pictures. I haven't seen Jay's pics though......

Old 04-12-2010, 11:53 AM   #43
Jwats
Bike till u Die

Honda 650 XL in shop

bbriggs is currently building a prototype & jig for a honda. New lightweight racks you know. He has encouraged jay & myself to add to this rr. The Husky Flambe smoldered for a few days prior to total ignition. It started day 1, I believe with the battery going dead headed for BOLA. Connections were tightened the next mornin' & off we went. After a short break in BOLA we headed for car door corner, as usual it is a must to smoke that trail, it has changed slightly,more in the wash this year [sand] a few cacti across it in places that will scare a gumdrop out of the gingerbread mans ass, but absotivly fun & faster than ever. Into San Francisquito vittles, fuel, dry out soaked gear on toward El Baril. A very nice sandy road that is fast [typical baja]. We started up the Hidden Trail & the Husky farted, but no smoke, [SBD]no big deal, can't remember what we did for repair on that one [cue jay]off we went. Great trail, about 2.5 hours up we stopped @ a nice campsite. The stars were incredible, right on top of your head. We have incredible skies in Wyoming, very little light pollution, but remember this is March, winter & little sun normally let alone cloudless nights so Baja evenings are special. The next morning was vey cool riding down to the Sea of Cortez what a sight. See pics, none mine, more later.
Old 04-12-2010, 05:45 PM   #44
advjackass
orange crusher

days 4 & 5

Day 4

my spelling is 3rd grade level so excuse me for that.

we had a wonderful breakfast at kiyuma whale camp in the morning, then packed up for or big day.

we headed south to la balena, the road that cuts across baja to mulege. i have heard this road referenced as the devils asshole and in previous years it had never lived up to it's name. this year is a different story as the old road was washed out and the new path follows the wash. it was basketball boulders the whole way.

about 3/4's of the way to mulege we turned north on road that is said to lead to one of the toughest two tracks in baja. we went to an old mission then turned left and started to climb and climb.

we reached the top of the pass. it appears that recently a D9 has been through making improvements to the old road. not overly difficult but the views were amazing. all of the moisture has made the desert lush.

we descended down and continued on really fun road all the way back to san ignacio.

made it to rice and beans and booked a room. did some oil changes and maintenance, bumped into other riders, and took a hot shower.

Day 5

the plan was to slab 90 miles to guero negro and then ride along the coast to visit some friends in santa rosalolito.

last year when we reached rosalolito we were looking for a place to eat, no such luck but a local couple offered to cook for us so we took them up on it. we were invited into their humble abode and the lady started cooking and serving up the best food we had ever had in baja. we had to tell her no mas before she would stop cooking. the house was covered with pictures of horses. it was one of those experiences you never forget. so this year we stopped by to say hello and joe had some pictures of his horses and family to give to her. we conversed the best we could and tried to explain were we came from and the different animals that are native to our area. showed them pictures from jackson and then she offered to cook again. we regretfully declined as we needed to get going, but a quality friendship has been established despite the language barrier.

look close he still has the remote control in his hand, a true man!!:lol:

so off we went to ride the 22 day trail, a section of single track that is 70 + miles from the pacific side to the bay of l.a., the fun stuff.

about 9 miles in we stopped and set up camp.

Old 04-12-2010, 07:26 PM   #45
advjackass
orange crusher

day 6

the plan was to ride the 22 day trail to the bay of l.a. and get a room for the night. we broke camp and took off.

the trail connects with a road that leads to the san borha mission and as we got there in record time we went to go check out the mission. it was well worth the detour and we had an excellent tour.

after leaving the mission my rear brake had faded into nothing. i noticed i was loosing it on the 22 day trail but had no way of fixing it. when we reached bay of l.a. i tried to bleed the brake and it came back a little. i had a blown seal, but that is no reason to stop a ride so we had dinner, hot showers and planned our next day. we had heard rumor of another single track just north of bay of l.a. that will connect with the window rock trail. so the plan had been set, brake or no brake, at least i still have my front brake.