ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-17-2011, 09:14 PM   #1771
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 6,484
Strike one Steve.

Two more like that one and I'll make you be friends with him. It's like I'm a saint or something.

Thanks Uncle Rico, when you get that time machine going give me a shout, I want to go back and defriend the unruly sasquatch.
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 09:16 PM   #1772
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,077
Yea I don't have a vise that is that big........
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:42 AM   #1773
Brandon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post

It's like I'm a stain or something.

Correct. A shit stain.

Incidentally, your mom told me that she taught you to put on your drawers by color coding when you were young. Yellow in the front and brown in the back.

Man that musta been tough for a 15 year old.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #1774
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Old 01-18-2011, 02:34 PM   #1775
tn-steve
Addicted

Oddometer: 1,594
Again, I misjudged the market.. house is scheduled to close feb 15th, so I'm not gonna be able to store his stuff here. I'll let you know if I have room at the new place (looking for that now). Sorry about that - shoulda known better than to offer while house was listed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Got a request on behalf of a future riding buddy.

Charlie is moving to Nashville from Memphis. Gunna have to camp out in an apartment (in Bellevue) for a few weeks (Feb 28 or so) till he can close on his house.

He's got a 3 rail trailer and a KTM 400 he's hoping he can park somewhere so he doesn't have to rent a storage unit. He said he'd be just fine with leaving the trailer outside, but of course would like to be able to leave the bike in a garage or storage building.

He rides his 400 offroad but of course I've been nagging him about getting it plated so he can ride DS with us. He's seen our ride reports and is looking forward to checking out Hickman and beyond!

Can any of you guys help him out? My driveway and garage are too small for any more toys. Charlie thanks you!
tn-steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 02:38 PM   #1776
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Dude that is great... Let me know if you need any help moving anything.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by tn-steve View Post
Again, I misjudged the market.. house is scheduled to close feb 15th, so I'm not gonna be able to store his stuff here. I'll let you know if I have room at the new place (looking for that now). Sorry about that - shoulda known better than to offer while house was listed
Old 01-18-2011, 02:49 PM   #1777
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,125
Steve, I think you found out exactly how to sell a house! Offer it as storage for motos and it'll go quick! Glad you got it sold.
Old 01-18-2011, 02:59 PM   #1778
Crazy Canadian
All who wander r not lost

Oddometer: 2,028
Quote:
Originally Posted by tn-steve View Post
Hey I have space if someone needs it. As long as the KTM doesn't mind shacking up with a BMW and a Yamaha. And the trailer doesn't mind keeping my old truck company on the back pad.

The only way to get through life is to laugh your way through it!

Day by day, nothing seems to change. But pretty soon, everything is different.
Crazy Canadian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 03:48 PM   #1779
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,336
Hey thanks for the storage offers guys. Charlie ended up having more junk thatn he thought so he had to rent a uhaul on the fly in addition to the other truck. He didn't have anyone to pull the trailer up, so the bike and trailer are at a friend's in memphis till he can get back down there and get it.

BTW...I'm gunna cut a super secret woods section on some property in Fairview. It'll be a qucik section, maybe a mile, but anyone who ends up riding with me in Hickman and follows me back through Fairview get's to ride it. A little icing on the cake ....yumm MIght work on it Saturday if anyone is bored and wants to spend some time in the woods.......with IHF

Old 01-18-2011, 03:57 PM   #1780
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Hmmmmm sounds tempting IHF....... Although I may have to make the Hickman run this weekend.. I hope I get all my parts in by the end of the week...

WP
Old 01-18-2011, 04:08 PM   #1781
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Going to get a DRZ on Sat. I ought to have her in shape by next weekend
Old 01-18-2011, 04:30 PM   #1782
Brandon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post
Going to get a DRZ on Sat. I ought to have her in shape by next weekend

If you are gonna have it "in shape" by next weekend, you had better leave it with me on your way back through. You might know construction, but a wrench turner you are not.
Brandon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 04:59 PM   #1783
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
Hey platypus sounds great, I am up for any new twisties but the videos are giving me the fever to try this duel sport thing, and after watching the creek crossing I could see myself face down in that cold ass water with street tires. (Good chance with knobbies!) I think I am going to look for a DRZ or something like that.

My husky is too pretty to treat it like that! HA HA!!! I have to thin the stable or my wife will kill me if I come home with another bike.
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:25 PM   #1784
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Hey thanks for the storage offers guys. Charlie ended up having more junk thatn he thought so he had to rent a uhaul on the fly in addition to the other truck. He didn't have anyone to pull the trailer up, so the bike and trailer are at a friend's in memphis till he can get back down there and get it.

BTW...I'm gunna cut a super secret woods section on some property in Fairview. It'll be a qucik section, maybe a mile, but anyone who ends up riding with me in Hickman and follows me back through Fairview get's to ride it. A little icing on the cake ....yumm MIght work on it Saturday if anyone is bored and wants to spend some time in the woods.......with IHF

keep this in mind man, we will have to add the woods part i have in there as you leave hickman and hit theta, then on too your woods... i will get wiff ya on this route later this spring. now we might just can put together one hell of a enduro run,street,dirt roads,woods, more street, and then hit the woods again and then on your way home street!. but mines alot more than a few miles of woods, but it is on the route we always take. i will keep ya informed as i work it in.

I take pride in having a ugly bike,where i ride pretty dont count.
cdq3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2011, 05:27 PM   #1785
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer: 933
Quote:
Originally Posted by wparkinson View Post
Hmmmmm sounds tempting IHF....... Although I may have to make the Hickman run this weekend.. I hope I get all my parts in by the end of the week...

WP
im still doing some work here also on the ole mule, but she will be done soon. im not in a hurry just wanting on spring time ! LOL

I take pride in having a ugly bike,where i ride pretty dont count.
cdq3 is offline   Reply With Quote