ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2011, 06:07 AM   #3421
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,246
Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post
get something I enjoy riding.
Such as?????
Old 04-10-2011, 06:12 AM   #3422
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Had a blast riding with everyone and my SM liked hickman co. Well when its dry.
Props for riding that SM so well out there. I couldn't how well you rolled. Two cool images:

1) the video footage of you in P31's video crossing the creeks and your front wheel is totally under water

2) At some point yesterday I turned around and saw you coming around the corner. It was a smooth, fast corner. You looked like a flat tracker. That dude was leaned over, both wheels were sliding nat the revs were climbing I'm with TNS....I hope you don't get a more dirt oriented bike b/c I don't like eating dust all day
Old 04-10-2011, 06:14 AM   #3423
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oh man.......I can't wait to see your RR Debandi. I'm gunna start a pot of coffee and will be right hee waiting
Old 04-10-2011, 06:17 AM   #3424
nashvillebill
formerly Stromguy

Oddometer: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
ROADKING - DO YOU HAVE A GARMIN? I COULD EMAIL YOU A ROUTE. ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT RIDING IN HICKMAN COUNTY?

If so, tell me how long you want to ride for and where you will be coming in from. I know Hickman....not much else.

I tell ya.....for those of us who have taken a dunk in Hickman....and thoe who ARE going to take a dunk, we are really lucky the water there is so clean. Like taking a dunk in a swimming pool vs. a mud hole. Grab some popcorn:

Yeah, that's how I remember it- the front just took a dive. I just wanted to illustrate what line NOT to take!
Old 04-10-2011, 06:30 AM   #3425
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Quote:
Props for riding that SM so well out there. I couldn't how well you rolled. Two cool images:

1) the video footage of you in P31's video crossing the creeks and your front wheel is totally under water

2) At some point yesterday I turned around and saw you coming around the corner. It was a smooth, fast corner. You looked like a flat tracker. That dude was leaned over, both wheels were sliding nat the revs were climbing I'm with TNS....I hope you don't get a more dirt oriented bike b/c I don't like eating dust all day
Thanks but i think the tires on my SM might be better on the roads in hickman then knobbies because the surface is a lot like a flat track. Maybe not as good on the creek crossing. LOL
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 06:40 AM   #3426
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
Quote:

That DRZ looked pretty effortless rolling down the roads. Thanks again for showings us some of Hickman, i will be back.
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:38 AM   #3427
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,202
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeBandi View Post
Tennessee border crossing...

ihatefalling granted me permission to enter Tennessee yesterday.

It's about to be a bad day.

A real bad day...

I know exactly where you were...wound up out there solo on my Dakar one fine day and just about spent the night. I also subscribe to the idea that one can easily have a really bad day out there

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 07:49 AM   #3428
SloDon
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking-1 View Post
SloDon, I wish I could go but cant get off that day here is a list of must do's Snoopers point take the left you will know you are there by the red out house! go to the stopping area and walk out to the over look its a must see! Haley Rd. will be a right thats a lot of fun but can be steep. You never said what kind of bikes you will be on? The first trail you come to on the right is fun with is fun with a little creek crossing at the bottom. Tower road is a cool ride if you want to go easy at the very end there is an over look also. Feel free to call me for more info six15six538six91.
Have fun and be safe
Steve

Thanks for the reply Steve....

We will be on DRZ's and KLR's, I appreciate the two must do's! I may take you up on your offer later today once I print the map so i can mark a few places.

Thanks again!

Don

Don
Don't grow up.......it's a trap!!
SloDon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 10:06 AM   #3429
Brickflyer
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Great vids!! i gotta ride with you guys out there.
looked like a blast.

06 BMW R1200GS
05 DR650
04 BMW K1200GT (Sold...I miss the Brick)
Brickflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 02:59 PM   #3430
mhm2a
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Debandi

Debandi,

I have been four wheeling in that area in the last year or so. We came in from the Cowan side and I was with a bunch of locals who knew the area. When we first got there I was thinking I wanted to come back there on my bike and explore, but by the time we got done for the day I realized it would be a rough ride and not for the faint of heart. However, you never know unless you go...

With that being said there are also some killer trails and roads north of Hwy 41 on the Tracy City side of the Hwy. There are caves, springs, water crossings galore, and even about 20 cars at the bottom of one bluff. The key to that area is knowing which sections to stay off of. The problem is that I can remember them well enough and usually I get myself in a pickle before I realize I am on one of those sections. Uphill both ways with baby head sized loose rocks everywhere or kind of like your picture!
Old 04-10-2011, 03:37 PM   #3431
DeBandi
Exploring Alabama

Oddometer: 3,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by mhm2a View Post
Debandi,

I have been four wheeling in that area in the last year or so. We came in from the Cowan side and I was with a bunch of locals who knew the area. When we first got there I was thinking I wanted to come back there on my bike and explore, but by the time we got done for the day I realized it would be a rough ride and not for the faint of heart. However, you never know unless you go...

With that being said there are also some killer trails and roads north of Hwy 41 on the Tracy City side of the Hwy. There are caves, springs, water crossings galore, and even about 20 cars at the bottom of one bluff. The key to that area is knowing which sections to stay off of. The problem is that I can remember them well enough and usually I get myself in a pickle before I realize I am on one of those sections. Uphill both ways with baby head sized loose rocks everywhere or kind of like your picture!

I'm not sure I will ever get anyone to go back with me bro.

I'm just sayin.

DeBandi

Visit ExploringAlabama.net

State Oval Decals Available
DeBandi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 03:56 PM   #3432
Platypus-3in1
Fluid Journey

Oddometer: 724
One Word Seems To Describe That

WAR
Platypus-3in1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 04:02 PM   #3433
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,070
Man D... ya killin them... Looks fun...
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:18 PM   #3434
wdavis009
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by TDM Rider View Post
Welcome Wade- sweet bike, can't wait to see it in person and look forward to you joining us soon!
Thanks Carl. I am looking forward to riding with everyone. Would have liked to have made the ride yesterday but I was in Birmingham picking up the bike. I was able to take it out for a few hours today. Did a mix of paved, dirt, 2 track and single track. I absolutely love it. It may be the funnest bike I have owned. I just need to ditch the cheap stock plastic skid plate and replace it with a good aluminum one.
wdavis009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2011, 05:26 PM   #3435
TanasiRob
Squid Emeritus

Oddometer: 897
I'll admit to heading back to Dickson County this morning and running the first half of Saturdays route again- backwards.
I know some of you wanted to ride out there today, and I hope you did (I never saw anyone the entire time). I didn't announce my plans to ride out there lest I be designated the trail guide and I was/am not qualified for that.

Only missed three separate turns however, I "endeavored to persevere" and eventually made the entire trip. I also stopped several times for photography AND had to lift my bike over the damn tree that we all rode over going the other direction on Saturday.

Next time I head out that way - I will throw a smoke signal up here if anyone wants to go with