ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-05-2010, 11:50 AM   #751
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,070
HELL YEA.... I am all over it.... When and where? I am ready this time i think.... if nothing breaks again..... Its going to be hot as.... well you know ... but I get to try out my new helmet..... I am copying you there IHF... I got me a Klim on the way should be here today..... Atomic MOTO had the 09 model on sale for $189 I couldn't pass it up.. Just hope that it is as cool as it seems it might be.

I also picked up a new pair of Mojavie Klim pants... man they are nice.... Very ventalated.... me likeee likeee....

Anyone ever use one of the OGIO flight vests? I got me a tank bag but not sure if I am going to keep it.... It gets in my way when I stand up.... I got the Wolfman Enduro and it is real nice but just having a hard time getting use to it.

IDK... not sure what I am going to do yet...
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:29 PM   #752
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,892
Well as it sits right now, I'll really like to do the LBL200. I can always avoid the goat trails if I felt they'd bother me.
We should get something going as a group.

Wanna,
My tires are sitting next to the bike saying..."Mount me!"

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 01:30 PM   #753
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparkinson
HELL YEA.... I am all over it.... When and where? I am ready this time i think.... if nothing breaks again..... Its going to be hot as.... well you know ... but I get to try out my new helmet..... I am copying you there IHF... I got me a Klim on the way should be here today..... Atomic MOTO had the 09 model on sale for $189 I couldn't pass it up.. Just hope that it is as cool as it seems it might be.

I also picked up a new pair of Mojavie Klim pants... man they are nice.... Very ventalated.... me likeee likeee....
Nice! someone spent some $$$.

Nice deal on the hat too!

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
Old 08-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #754
Platypus-3in1
Fluid Journey

Oddometer: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2little
Well as it sits right now, I'll really like to do the LBL200. I can always avoid the goat trails if I felt they'd bother me.
We should get something going as a group.

Wanna,
My tires are sitting next to the bike saying..."Mount me!"

No I Don't Wanna mount!

Are you asking for help?

This is confusing me a lot!
Platypus-3in1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 02:13 PM   #755
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Yea I am turning into a Klim whore.... I love that place... Actually I got the pants in Tellico Plains at the Outfitters there and they good prices on their stuff...
Old 08-05-2010, 02:17 PM   #756
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna?
No I Don't Wanna mount!

Are you asking for help?

This is confusing me a lot!
I'll break it down.
NO. It has NOTHING to do with you. It's my tires talking to the bike. and the bike wanting the tires on.

I think I'll go it solo on putting them on. Thanks.

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
Old 08-05-2010, 02:22 PM   #757
Platypus-3in1
Fluid Journey

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2little
I'll break it down.
NO. It has NOTHING to do with you. It's my tires talking to the bike. and the bike wanting the tires on.

I think I'll go it solo on putting them on. Thanks.
Thanks Man!

I love you like a brother!
Old 08-05-2010, 02:24 PM   #758
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna?
Thanks Man!

I love you like a brother!

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
Old 08-05-2010, 02:55 PM   #759
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,254
WP...I think you'll like the lid.

Now you're not going to say HOLY CRAP I can feel air rushing all over my head like a fan but.... You will notice that when you take your helmet off that there is no sweat b/c of the airflow. And witht eh vented pants, jersy and lid, overall you will notice that you don't get as hot...and every little bit helps. You'll be able to ride longer. I guess in the summer you can't really feel warm air blowing over a warm head....but its blowing.

I can really tell it helps when I'm riding woods in the warmer weather. Guys that are better riders than me will run out of steam before me. I ride vented gear head to toe and they will just usually wear a vented jersey. They are always sweating like crazy and I'm dry.

It will come with a liner so you can wear it in the winter if you want. I tried mine once in the winter without the liner and I about immediatley got a headache from the cold air.

Mine is starting to get beat up but I can't really bring myself to buy another one just yet. Sometime you get a little attached to your gear.

WP & R2L...so are ya'll thinking of a Saturday ride?

Oh yeah.....you'll dig those pants. When you stand up and can feel air blowing across your boys Will remind you of your days in Thailand
ihatefalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:16 PM   #760
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,227
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling

I need to devise a box or bag something that I can put some gear in. That I can mount to my rear rack. Problem is, my rack is kind-of small.

Have a look at deez

Don't pay too much attention to the whole rig. Just check the 'pantiers'. A buddy of mine used this on a trip across the Trans-Labrador highway a few weeks ago...just stuffed stuff down inside a pair of old riding pants which he tied off in a few locations. You can score these things butt-cheap at clearance sales and it keeps the weight low and out of the way.

I'll post more pics of the pantiers if/when I run across 'em...pretty ingenious, cheap and expendable luggage if you want my opinion. And I guess you could use any kind of pants. Or overalls for the longer trips

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 04:22 PM   #761
ihatefalling
Let it roll

HA HA HA . . . . now that's a good idea!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:03 PM   #762
wparkinson
Gear Whore

IHF I hace only ridden with it about a mile but was like holy crap. That is sweet. it comes with an extra visor, face guard, winter liner ans a sweet bag to put in. theit stuff is top notch.

I am down for a saturday ride. you name the place and time.

WP
Old 08-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #763
Platypus-3in1
Fluid Journey

Swapping Shoes

Ride2little

I have taken tires off and on for a total of about six times for one reason or another.

My rims are pretty scratched up but I have gotten better. I have short handled spoons that don't give much leverage and that caused me to slip a few times.

You say you have rim protectors?

Seriously I can swing by (Time Permitting) and give a hand.

You've got a nice bike and it needs to stay nice - not scratched - but I could hold a spoon while you work the tire on with the other one - just let me know, I'm in.

Wparkinson Nice Helmet. I have never looked at them before. And nice web site Atomic - I didn't know KLIM made so much cool stuff. I really like the KLIM jacket for 1,299.00. (Used Bike Money) If they wanted to give me one I'd take it!
Old 08-05-2010, 06:55 PM   #764
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by wparkinson
IHF I hace only ridden with it about a mile but was like holy crap. That is sweet. it comes with an extra visor, face guard, winter liner ans a sweet bag to put in. theit stuff is top notch.

I am down for a saturday ride. you name the place and time.

WP
Awesome dude....glad you like it. You're gunna wear the crap out of it. I just hope it's not black and silver like mine. We'll be a couple of gayfers

You wanna meet at that gas station again? Maybe 8:30 ? ?
Old 08-05-2010, 08:22 PM   #765
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Ahhhh well mine is Silver with balck on it... not black with silver on it... Yea 8:30 sounds good to me....

Let me ask.. is there anyone out there that might be intrested in a Wolfman Enduro Tank bag? I would be willing to let it go for a decent price. I have only had it for a few weeks.. It had gotten a little dusty but not dirty. They go for about $80 new.

The thing is awesome but just doesn't fit with my riding style and for the most part I like it but its just in my way. If interested feel free to pm me as not to clutter up the thread.

WP