ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2010, 07:06 PM   #826
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Oddometer: 932
ihatefalling !!!

one hell of a good job man !
great photos, well done. man you had a great time !! thats some of the most beautiful rideing i have seen in a wile. i need to mooch some GPS tracks from ya......... i might need them soon.

I take pride in having a ugly bike,where i ride pretty dont count.
cdq3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:25 AM   #827
Platypus-3in1
Fluid Journey

Oddometer: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdq3
one hell of a good job man !
great photos, well done. man you had a great time !! thats some of the most beautiful rideing i have seen in a wile. i need to mooch some GPS tracks from ya......... i might need them soon.
OH Come On Now! Are you going up there too? I've wanted to ride that area for a long time and I'm watching everybody else's trip!

I am meeting with my work partner tomorrow to figure out our winter game plan for our construction company. So, that means we are going to drop a canoe in the Duck river and fish for about three hours in the morning. We have two trucks for start and finish locations but I don't know the Duck!

Any put in and take out spots you guys know of???
Platypus-3in1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 10:46 AM   #828
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanna?
OH Come On Now! Are you going up there too? I've wanted to ride that area for a long time and I'm watching everybody else's trip!

I am meeting with my work partner tomorrow to figure out our winter game plan for our construction company. So, that means we are going to drop a canoe in the Duck river and fish for about three hours in the morning. We have two trucks for start and finish locations but I don't know the Duck!

The duck river ! Yes sir, I know it Very well. Some of the best small mouth fishing in maury county is from the dam at riverside drive to willamsport highway 50 bridge. But for a good days trip and 2 trucks as your doing, I would put in at chickisaw park (were we meet to ride) and park the other truck at roberts bend road bridge, or for a long day put the ending truck at highway 50 boat ramp in william sport. I have always did this run in a air boat never have did a canoe. But yall will love it !!!

Old 09-01-2010, 10:51 AM   #829
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,477
IHF, I've been in a few poker runs, and have some ideas.

The first thing you DON'T want to do is hand out the cards at the check points. A big group riding together will combine their cards for a great hand, leaving everyone else a regular hand. The trick is to have the riders pick up a different object (bolt, washer, nut, lock washer, business card, etc.) from each of the 5 check points. Then maybe have 2 Bonus checkpoints, where the rider can pay $5 more for an extra card. When they get to the end, the rider will trade in the objects collected from the check points for a draw from the deck. Someone at the end can document the high hands to determine a winner.

The bikers tend to have the checkpoints at a bar - seems to me that is just ASKING for trouble!
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 11:09 AM   #830
rob feature
Domain Ranger

Oddometer: 4,270
IHF, your new avatar made me slip out an accidental and not exactly inaudible poot. And I'm in the library. And there's a guy right behind me

Anton

rob feature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #831
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,307
CDQ - B glad to give you some routes cutie pie. I can just send them to you or holler at me and tell me what you want to ride and I can try and put it together.

TJ650 - Thanks for that advice. Makes sense. Would hate to let anyone cheat and get away with it.

RF - Hide yur husban too, cuz de raypen urvy bodee out hur in the Middle Tennessee DS ride schedule :)
ihatefalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:04 AM   #832
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 6,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling

RF - Hide yur husban too, cuz de raypen urvy bodee out hur in the Middle Tennessee DS ride schedule :)
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2010, 08:30 AM   #833
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,891
Quote:

If it's not too late...
Here's a map. I floated from E to C. Pretty decent fishing overall. Took longer than I thought. But when I yak/fish, I go at it pretty hard.

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 03:33 AM   #834
Platypus-3in1
Fluid Journey

Oddometer: 724
Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2little
If it's not too late...
Here's a map. I floated from E to C. Pretty decent fishing overall. Took longer than I thought. But when I yak/fish, I go at it pretty hard.
I would have never thought!

Top Water Spinner Bait was what they wanted.

We went the pampered rout. Rented a canoe - thats how we found out what they were hitting. Thanks for the suggestions!

We have us a pretty awesome back yard to go play in here in Tennessee!

I might take Cdq3's and Ride2Little's run sometime in the future but I think I will have me a trolling motor or something with gas! That paddling gets old after a couple of hours.
Platypus-3in1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:08 PM   #835
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Quote:
Originally Posted by ride2little
If it's not too late...

I have did all of this run also. great and beautiful fishing. the duck river is strange in the fact that there are so many diff kinds of fish and soooooo many great spots, its kinda hard to fish it, unless you know it verry well.

Old 09-08-2010, 05:10 PM   #836
cdq3
DRZ400pack mule

Quote:
I would have never thought!

Top Water Spinner Bait was what they wanted.

We went the pampered rout. Rented a canoe - thats how we found out what they were hitting. Thanks for the suggestions!

We have us a pretty awesome back yard to go play in here in Tennessee!

I might take Cdq3's and Ride2Little's run sometime in the future but I think I will have me a trolling motor or something with gas! That paddling gets old after a couple of hours.

when you get ready to take that run, just let me know. i will meet ya there and tell ya some info.,,, cant give out the honey holes info openly..

Old 09-08-2010, 05:18 PM   #837
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,307
The LBL200 is right around the corner. A friend and I are going up on Friday, gunna try and get there before noon and do some riding around LBL.

Can you locals point out any places of interest we could hit? We know about Turkey Bay (probably go there and check it out b/c neither of us has ever been).

Any cool places you can turn us on to? Ya'll are welcome to come with us?
Old 09-08-2010, 05:36 PM   #838
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,073
I prolley won't get out there until Friday evening.... Reckon there will be room for me, the dog, and my tent?

WP
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 05:51 PM   #839
_RZ_
Peace, Love & a .45

Oddometer: 108
Dunno when I'll make it, either, but barring catastrophic failure - I'll be there Fri. pm or Sat. am.

Persimmon 218 looks like prime real estate!
http://www.lbl.org/pdf/LBL%202010%20...ound%20Map.pdf

I'm flying solo - so plenty of room at #300 on the Virginia Loop.
If I don't make it - tell 'em your name's Doug, it's already paid for!
_RZ_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2010, 06:01 PM   #840
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,073
I will remember that... I am going to try and get there as soon as I can Friday. I don't think that we got alot going on Friday. Might be able to sneak out early.....
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote