ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-06-2013, 08:54 PM   #9166
dmvmechanics
Adventurer

Oddometer: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Ride Alert - - - -

Next Saturday - February 16th.
Sequatchie Valley " Fun Run "
More than likely won't do any of the "rough stuff".
All day ride - 70 miles ? ?
Holler if interested or have Qs.

I'm in if I'm here
Buell 1125cr For Sale
dmvmechanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:23 AM   #9167
wdavis009
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 165
Quote:
Ride Alert - - - -

Count me in.
wdavis009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:32 AM   #9168
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,182
Quote:
Ride Alert - - - -

In, like tin.
Will be there and not square.
Woof, woof - cant wait!!!!!!!
(maybe we do just a little bit of the tuff stuff????) PLEASE, PLEASE
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 07:54 AM   #9169
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Anyone want to get together for a LBL dirt and gravel ride Saturday, Feb 9?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=20669240

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
streetndirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 08:17 AM   #9170
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmvmechanics View Post
I'm in if I'm here

Yeeeeeeeeeee-Haw, let's do it ! My first time so go easy on me LOL
Old 02-07-2013, 09:18 AM   #9171
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,329
Spinnit - you're gunna love it at SV - Bet you lunch it will be your new "favorite place to ride"
Old 02-07-2013, 09:27 AM   #9172
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetndirt View Post
Anyone want to get together for a LBL dirt and gravel ride Saturday, Feb 9?

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=20669240

Sounds great to me but as far as I know, no one has confirmed what the Sat. ride is going to be yet. treemuncher has a Super T & an XR 650. one other guy said he had an 800 Tiger & everyone else who has expressed interest has a thumper. I'd prefer a more off road type route, as I just got new (more dirt worthy) tires that NEED to be tested.

Last time we met at Bauers family resurant in Dover, then worked our way over to LBL. I don't mind riding with the big advbikes as long as I get some very important motorcycle riding done. Lets just get SOMETHING hammered out for Sat. because weather.com says 70% chance of rain on Sun.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 09:47 AM   #9173
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachian Spikes View Post
Sounds great to me but as far as I know, no one has confirmed what the Sat. ride is going to be yet. treemuncher has a Super T & an XR 650. one other guy said he had an 800 Tiger & everyone else who has expressed interest has a thumper. I'd prefer a more off road type route, as I just got new (more dirt worthy) tires that NEED to be tested.

Last time we met at Bauers family resurant in Dover, then worked our way over to LBL. I don't mind riding with the big advbikes as long as I get some very important motorcycle riding done. Lets just get SOMETHING hammered out for Sat. because weather.com says 70% chance of rain on Sun.
I'm planning a ride separate from Treemuncher. The big adventure bikes won't go where I am going. I know the North End of LBL well. I'm not at all familiar with dirt and gravel on the south end. I'm am FOR SURE riding Saturday in LBL. If no one wants to meet, I'll leave from the Central Welcome Station and decide from there where to play.

Old 02-07-2013, 09:55 AM   #9174
ihatefalling
Let it roll

SPAM ALERT - - - - - - - - - - -

If any of you guys or anyone you may know is thinking of buying or refinancing property, and there's a chance you might us an FHA loan (popular b/c it allows low down-payment) ---- you might ought to get off the couch and think about doing it soon.

On April 1st - FHA is increasing their "Mortgage Insurance Premium" by $10 per $100k borrowed for and loans over 90% equity. "So what" you say.....

Here's the kicker - Used to be that the borrower could cancel the MIP after they got to 78% equity - NOT ANY MORE - the MIP on FHA loans will now be for the life of the loan. That's A LOT OF MONEY !

Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 AM   #9175
ihatefalling
Let it roll

I posted that ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ in Jo Momma.....let's hope I don't get the hammer.

If I do, it's been nice knowing you guys
Old 02-07-2013, 10:26 AM   #9176
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
I'm planning a ride separate from Treemuncher. The big adventure bikes won't go where I am going. I know the North End of LBL well. I'm not at all familiar with dirt and gravel on the south end. I'm am FOR SURE riding Saturday in LBL. If no one wants to meet, I'll leave from the Central Welcome Station and decide from there where to play.

I'm on a KLR 650. I'm a good rider but, not an expert. I think you said you rode a WR 450. If you ride it HARD I would probably just slow you down. This was how I rode LBL on my old street tires:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePfdmWNpDGc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pH1uBGkF6x0

I might ride a "bit" faster with the new tires but, I don't have medical insurance & my riding tends to reflect it. If you think I could hang with you guys I'll hook up with yall but, I don't want to slow you guys down or possibally get hurt trying to keep up with real dirt bikes on a KLR. Do you think I should hook up with treemuncher instead? I know I'll still have a blast riding with those guys so my Sat. is gonna rock either way.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 10:46 AM   #9177
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachian Spikes View Post
I'm on a KLR 650. I'm a good rider but, not an expert. I think you said you rode a WR 450. If you ride it HARD I would probably just slow you down. This was how I rode LBL on my old street tires:

I might ride a "bit" faster with the new tires but, I don't have medical insurance & my riding tends to reflect it. If you think I could hang with you guys I'll hook up with yall but, I don't want to slow you guys down or possibally get hurt trying to keep up with real dirt bikes on a KLR. Do you think I should hook up with treemuncher instead? I know I'll still have a blast riding with those guys so my Sat. is gonna rock either way.
I'm on a DRZ400s. I'm a beginner. I'm not fast. It's just some of the roads I have been on lately would be very challenging for an adventure bike. I will ride with anyone, I just wanna stay off the blacktop as much as possible. I have a sport touring bike, it loves blacktop. My DRZ, not so much!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:31 PM   #9178
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

***THE BEST OF LBL(NORTH) DIRT AND GRAVEL!***

Where: Central Welcome Station Parking Lot

When: 0930 Saturday Feb 9 (Kick stands up 1000)

What: 100 ish miles of the best dirt and gravel the North End of LBL has to offer. See map attached! We will be riding the yellow loop on the east side of the trace going and the west coming back. I'm a mountain biker and I can do the whole loop drinking water and snacking on a protein bar. We will however get near to Grand Rivers and could easily jump off the loop and eat lunch! There is something here for everyone. The big bikes don't have to do the jeep trails and could meet us at the next connector. We will inevitability make some wrong turns along the way, but those just make it all the more fun! I will have some maps to hand those that come. See you there!

Old 02-07-2013, 12:43 PM   #9179
treemuncher
Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer: 289
Quote:
I'm on a DRZ400s. I'm a beginner. I'm not fast. It's just some of the roads I have been on lately would be very challenging for an adventure bike. I will ride with anyone, I just wanna stay off the blacktop as much as possible. I have a sport touring bike, it loves blacktop. My DRZ, not so much!
DO NOT ever feel pressured to ride beyond your comfort zone just to try to keep up. I would rather wait for someone than have to call an ambulance for them. For me, it's not about the speed, it's about the ride so just ride your own pace. If I'm out front, I will push it a little faster so that I don't hold anyone up too bad. I only ride as fast as I feel comfortable at that moment - my speeds change with my comfort level.

I'm up for any ride. I don't care if I leave out of Dover or Erin. There is dirt south and east of either one. Southern LBL does not have that much legal dirt anyway, you will end up on a lot of pavement. I think that the east side of Lake Barkley has as much or moire dirt than most of southern LBL. I think that there is more dirt and more scenery south of Hwy 147 than anywhere else close by. No matter where you ride, there will be pavement anymore.

Post a preference where to start from: Dover or Erin and I will plan to have my breakfast there and start riding after that.

www.moonshine-run.com where real riders meet
treemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:07 PM   #9180
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,780
Erin, TN.

BJ's Family Restaurant.

Kickstands up at 9:30. Riding south of 147 for some nice scenery.

Sounds like a good plan to me!
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote