ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #9181
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post
Erin, TN.

BJ's Family Restaurant.

Kickstands up at 9:30. Riding south of 147 for some nice scenery.

Sounds like a good plan to me!
Works for me too!

Anybody that is rolling out of Clarksville, I will be a G's Pancake House on Riverside drive @ 7:30am. I plan on leaving @ 8:30am after eating breakfast.

Notice, I said G's, not Waffle House. I got new tires yesterday, and they now say Shinko Trail SR244 on them instead of Golden Boy. If they can change, so can I.
Old 02-07-2013, 02:03 PM   #9182
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,778
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
Works for me too!

Anybody that is rolling out of Clarksville, I will be a G's Pancake House on Riverside drive @ 7:30am. I plan on leaving @ 8:30am after eating breakfast.

Notice, I said G's, not Waffle House. I got new tires yesterday, and they now say Shinko Trail SR244 on them instead of Golden Boy. If they can change, so can I.
I'll be there! (at G's)
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #9183
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 746
I'm a maybe for saturday .Been working on my ole lady's first dual sport. Had to put a lowering link in rear and move the forks up in the tree but now she can almost touch flat footed. Oh it is kick start only. I told her everyone has to start off with a kick start bike...That's the code. But really it was just cheap so don't anybody tell her any different.

2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:32 PM   #9184
PsychoChem
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 148
So G's it is (we boycotting WH now?). See you guys there!
PsychoChem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:41 PM   #9185
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemuncher View Post
DO NOT ever feel pressured to ride beyond your comfort zone just to try to keep up. I would rather wait for someone than have to call an ambulance for them. For me, it's not about the speed, it's about the ride so just ride your own pace. If I'm out front, I will push it a little faster so that I don't hold anyone up too bad. I only ride as fast as I feel comfortable at that moment - my speeds change with my comfort level.

I'm up for any ride. I don't care if I leave out of Dover or Erin. There is dirt south and east of either one. Southern LBL does not have that much legal dirt anyway, you will end up on a lot of pavement. I think that the east side of Lake Barkley has as much or moire dirt than most of southern LBL. I think that there is more dirt and more scenery south of Hwy 147 than anywhere else close by. No matter where you ride, there will be pavement anymore.

Post a preference where to start from: Dover or Erin and I will plan to have my breakfast there and start riding after that.
My post was to reassure another rider. I can handle about anything. However I totally agree with your post!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
streetndirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 03:55 PM   #9186
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
I'm a maybe for saturday .Been working on my ole lady's first dual sport. Had to put a lowering link in rear and move the forks up in the tree but now she can almost touch flat footed. Oh it is kick start only. I told her everyone has to start off with a kick start bike...That's the code. But really it was just cheap so don't anybody tell her any different.
Hope you can both make it out!
Old 02-07-2013, 04:15 PM   #9187
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Spinnit - you're gunna love it at SV - Bet you lunch it will be your new "favorite place to ride"
Better not be bettin witcha cause i think you right ! ! , street ridin tomorrow and Sat. and then,
i be ready for some dirt on the 16th. looks like a pretty good covey gathering for this one ! !
Old 02-07-2013, 05:24 PM   #9188
treemuncher
Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Erin, TN.

BJ's Family Restaurant.

Kickstands up at 9:30. Riding south of 147 for some nice scenery.

Sounds like a good plan to me!
That's the plan I will run with. I'll be there about 8:45 ish so that I'll have time to eat my Bfast and fuel up on coffee. Sounds like a good plan to me too. We can surely find something new to play on.

www.moonshine-run.com where real riders meet
treemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 05:27 PM   #9189
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

I switched to my knobbies today and played with the suspension sag. I'm looking forward to some dirt and new scenery! I'm gonna say this just so it's out there: I'm gonna ride at my own pace, which means slow. So if anyone is worried about getting left behind... I promise that won't happen. hehe

threadkiller screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 05:33 PM
Old 02-07-2013, 05:28 PM   #9190
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Troy, are you gonna try and meet up with us Saturday?
Old 02-07-2013, 06:18 PM   #9191
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I switched to my knobbies today and played with the suspension sag. I'm looking forward to some dirt and new scenery! I'm gonna say this just so it's out there: I'm gonna ride at my own pace, which means slow. So if anyone is worried about getting left behind... I promise that won't happen. hehe
You could always ride with us in LBL. We will hardly touch the blacktop.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #9192
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

I thought you and your bunch were coming to Erin?

I have no problem riding fast. I just prefer to take the first ride of the season at a slower pace. If I need to step it up Saturday, I will. But nobody is gonna get left behind. I hate for it to happen to me, and I refuse to let it happen to someone else.
Old 02-07-2013, 06:54 PM   #9193
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetndirt View Post
***THE BEST OF LBL(NORTH) DIRT AND GRAVEL!***

Where: Central Welcome Station Parking Lot

When: 0930 Saturday Feb 9 (Kick stands up 1000)

What: 100 ish miles of the best dirt and gravel the North End of LBL has to offer. See map attached! We will be riding the yellow loop on the east side of the trace going and the west coming back. I'm a mountain biker and I can do the whole loop drinking water and snacking on a protein bar. We will however get near to Grand Rivers and could easily jump off the loop and eat lunch! There is something here for everyone. The big bikes don't have to do the jeep trails and could meet us at the next connector. We will inevitability make some wrong turns along the way, but those just make it all the more fun! I will have some maps to hand those that come. See you there!

Sent from Samsung Galaxy S2
Quote:
I thought you and your bunch were coming to Erin?

I have no problem riding fast. I just prefer to take the first ride of the season at a slower pace. If I need to step it up Saturday, I will. But nobody is gonna get left behind. I hate for it to happen to me, and I refuse to let it happen to someone else.
After treemuncher said they would be riding mostly blacktop I thought I would see if anyone was interested in riding mostly dirt and gravel. I posted the quoted ride. Workman, Slopez, Wallachian Spikes?, and I are gonna ride LBL. Feel free to join us.
Old 02-07-2013, 07:02 PM   #9194
streetndirt
Gnarly Adventurer

Created a Facebook Group

Here is the link to the facebook group. The name is "Western KY & Middle TN DS Riders" its an open group. Join if you are interested.

http://www.facebook.com/groups/331966063572274/
Old 02-07-2013, 07:17 PM   #9195
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by streetndirt View Post
After treemuncher said they would be riding mostly blacktop I thought I would see if anyone was interested in riding mostly dirt and gravel. I posted the quoted ride. Workman, Slopez, Wallachian Spikes?, and I are gonna ride LBL. Feel free to join us.
Treemuncher said "I think that there is more dirt and more scenery south of Hwy 147 than anywhere else close by."

Come ride with us! There will be plenty of dirt, rest assured!