ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-21-2013, 03:56 PM   #9391
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,327
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwisty View Post
I'd be in for Saturday, but you guys know it's supposed to rain, don't you? I'm a big candy ass
Hey Mrs. Twisty . . . . . . Get yo A$$ to SV Saturady - and bring some of yo Georgia homie with ya

SatFeb 23

AM Clouds / PM Sun

Chance of rain:
20%
Wind:
W at 10 mph
Old 02-21-2013, 03:59 PM   #9392
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Hey Thread . . . . you know I run the 606 all over the place. Just air it down a touch if you need to and it always hooks. Have never had a problem with it . . . . .
Old 02-21-2013, 04:11 PM   #9393
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Hey BLT - that last dood is "bermburner" from Memephis - remember he's the one that slipped on the creek crossing. That was last summer. He is STILL in his cast. I feel real bad for him b/c he said he sold his bikes. I wish people would take us srious when we say the rocks are slick
Old 02-21-2013, 04:14 PM   #9394
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 10,089
Bastards!

It's been a while since I rode SV!

I'd like to get out there and ride with you fookers again sometime.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:17 PM   #9395
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,174
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Hey BLT - that last dood is "bermburner" from Memephis - remember he's the one that slipped on the creek crossing. That was last summer. He is STILL in his cast. I feel real bad for him b/c he said he sold his bikes. I wish people would take us srious when we say the rocks are slick
Hell yeah....I remember now. Remember when he called his wife? He asked you to talk to her That was freakin hilarious!!
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:20 PM   #9396
ihatefalling
Let it roll

hey Thread --------

Did that XCMH last as long as a 606? Did it hook good?

EDIT - oh I see you say the XCMH sucks balls

I'm about to mount a MT21 on the rear and try it.............we'll see. I'm sure it'll hook. I just hope it lasts.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:24 PM   #9397
jeventures
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 225
i've got an xcmh rear on right now. It works well for me but not as well as what I took off last...which i can't remember right now. It's kinda square in 140 size i have and leans into corners funny...but plenty of grip until then.

Quote:
hey Thread --------

I'm about to mount a MT21 on the rear and try it.............we'll see. I'm sure it'll hook. I just hope it lasts.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:25 PM   #9398
ihatefalling
Let it roll

DRZ.... bring yo crew up here again before it get's too dang hot.

We can ride Tellico for two days and SV for one day.

And DW1 - man come ride with us anytime. Just keep an eye on the board. We gunna mess some $hit up this weekend . You should come.
Old 02-21-2013, 04:28 PM   #9399
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,097
Quote:
Hey Mrs. Twisty . . . . . . Get yo A$$ to SV Saturady - and bring some of yo Georgia homie with ya

SatFeb 23

AM Clouds / PM Sun

Chance of rain:
20%
Wind:
W at 10 mph

Dude, I want to go badly. I've been jonesing for a good dirt, eckhem....rock, ride. I promised to take my son and his wife to Barber last Saturday, but it got canceled by a family emergency (some of my in-laws got lost in the woods up in Oliver Springs...yeah, really). I promised to make it up to them this Saturday.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:37 PM   #9400
wparkinson
Gear Whore

Oddometer: 2,070
Quote:
Originally Posted by threadkiller View Post
Is there a consensus as to which tire is best for SV? I know it's not the XCMH, but I'll need new tires soon and was hoping someone would have a good suggestion. I've run the 606, XCMH, and the Unicross down there. The 606 is OK, the Unicross is slightly better, and the XCMH sucks ass. I'm thinking about trying the AC-10 or the Trackmaster next time.
Well All I have ever run down there was the Trackmaster.... I run it on everything....

Its about the only thing I run on the KLR..... I wish I could run with ya'll this weekend...... That place is a blast.... Wore my ass out quite a few times....
wparkinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:40 PM   #9401
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,780
Quote:
hey Thread --------

If you run it on asphalt, the 606 lasts longer. The XCMH is fine on hard ground, but let a few bikes go across a dirt trail, and the dang thing just gives up. Give it half a chance to spin and it will. The last time I rode SV with you was the most frustrated I've ever been on a bike because of those tires. I thought it was me, but when Uncle Jesse could'nt get my bike up that hill, I knew those tires were shit. Needless to say, the next rear tire will be something for loose ground.

The XCMH front tire has no problems, BTW.
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:42 PM   #9402
clocklaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,887
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
Should be a stinkin blast!!!
I had been thinking about trying to make one of these rides with you guys but yeah, I'm out.
clocklaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 05:15 PM   #9403
duanew1
In my Pajama pants

Oddometer: 747
Quote:
And DW1 - man come ride with us anytime. Just keep an eye on the board. We gunna mess some $hit up this weekend . You should come.
I wish that I could. I just got my new to me bike up and running (2006 TE610) and have not really had a shakedown run yet. Besides I will be attending a bachelor party the night before and I will probably be really hungover. The last time I checked that is not a good combination for hauling a bike up a hill and digging through mud.
2008 SYM HD200
duanew1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 06:26 PM   #9404
appalachian
Ride fat boy ride

Oddometer: 247
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
Should be a stinkin blast!!!

IHF, I never did get around to posting these pics....I think it was a couple rides ago. Cant remember those poor son of a gun's names.....it was those dudes that never rode Sequatchie??? Man, what a brutal day. It was like once we cleaned up one and got him back out to the Coalmont paramedics, went back in, rode and pulled another out.
The first pic was my fave. Good photo in action.....of course based on the trouble that dude was havin we knew he wasnt gonna make this. Anyhow, hope we dont see any of this Saturday. It definitely gets rough down there for amateurs!!

I still have no way in hell of knowing how he did this??? Man, this was steeper than it looks ....... took us like an hour to get him outta there.....poor guy was really blaring.....isnt this the guy that had the compound fracture??

I think this was that other ride....that dude from Alabama. HE said he was an experienced rider....gawd...he was freakin messed up that day:
This aint the guy who piled up in the creek is it ?? or have ya'll led another one to his doom ??
Old 02-22-2013, 06:27 AM   #9405
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Does anyone know if there are any good riding schools/classes around? I was on 650.net & reading the "riding technique" section, when it dawned on me that I really don't KNOW how to ride.

I've been riding since '74 & I usually just jump on a bike & go on instinct, which "usually" works out well. However, when it actually comes to the science of riding..... I've got alot to learn. Some legitimate skoolin would surly make me a better, safer & faster rider.

Anyone interested in taking a class with me? I'm a terrible procrasentater & if I had a buddy taking the class with me, I'm more likly to take the class instead of sitting around planning on taking the class untill I lose the paperwork like I did the last time I had info on a riding class.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote