ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-21-2013, 08:11 PM   #10486
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,336
Pretty cool cover . . . .

Old 07-21-2013, 08:33 PM   #10487
Backwoodsone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
Hey all kinda new to site usualy just look at it to see what yall post.would like to ride with yall sometime but its hard for me to get to east tn with just havein three day weekends from work along with two kids an wife lol im out here in the land of "tryin to find places to ride west tn"ha me an my riding partner just road the missippi leve road from tiptionvil tn to hickman ky pretty cool if i knew how to post pics i would.i do ride alot at lbl lots of trails to get lost on there an prob goin to do the lbl200.would like to find folks to ride with that share the same sickness as we do lol.i ride a pig ims 4gal tank xronly exahust an all carb mods my buddies bike is a stock klr with a few scratches from our last ride"he learned not to read an ride"most of all we just lookin to ride
Backwoodsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 07:58 AM   #10488
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,196
Please consider this!!!

Help grow riding areas in Tennessee:

http://www.change.org/petitions/tenn...ature_receipt#
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 09:39 AM   #10489
treemuncher
Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoodsone View Post
Hey all kinda new to site usualy just look at it to see what yall post.would like to ride with yall sometime but its hard for me to get to east tn with just havein three day weekends from work along with two kids an wife lol im out here in the land of "tryin to find places to ride west tn"ha me an my riding partner just road the missippi leve road from tiptionvil tn to hickman ky pretty cool if i knew how to post pics i would.i do ride alot at lbl lots of trails to get lost on there an prob goin to do the lbl200.would like to find folks to ride with that share the same sickness as we do lol.i ride a pig ims 4gal tank xronly exahust an all carb mods my buddies bike is a stock klr with a few scratches from our last ride"he learned not to read an ride"most of all we just lookin to ride
For West TN - There is a breakfast club in Lavinia, TN at Momma Judy's (the only restaurant there) at 8 AM on Sunday mornings. Mostly BMW riders and street bikes, but I show up there sometimes if I'm around. You will have a chance to meet some people there. Natchez Trace State Park is close to there and there are MANY dirt roads to be explored over in the park.

I also post up occasional rides around the Paris Landing and/or Stewart County areas. Keep an eye open and come ride with us when we do.

www.moonshine-run.com where real riders meet
treemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #10490
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
I'm around 20 miles West of the Tennessee river, right off Hwy-70 & ALWAYS looking for an opportunity to get some very important D.S./dirt biking done! I ride an '06 KLR 650 & an '05 (non-tagged) 450 EXC. Shoot me a P.M. ANYTIME you feel that you've been neglecting your D.S./dirt biking obligations & we see if we can't correct that injustice.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:43 AM   #10491
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
Help grow riding areas in Tennessee:

http://www.change.org/petitions/tenn...ature_receipt#
Just signed it & I'm signature No. 237 (it said they needed 265) I'll have the wife sign later.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 12:53 PM   #10492
racergirl479
Flying Merkel

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachian Spikes View Post
Just signed it & I'm signature No. 237 (it said they needed 265) I'll have the wife sign later.
It just told me I was 234 and they needed 257...?
racergirl479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 01:17 PM   #10493
teambft
teambft

Suspension Service close to Nashville/Franklin??

Looking for a tech to replace fork seals/oil on two of my dirt bikes. This is one repair I just don't wanna deal with.

Anyone got any local techs that can do it? Thanks!!!!
Old 07-22-2013, 01:25 PM   #10494
racergirl479
Flying Merkel

Oddometer: 661
Quote:
Looking for a tech to replace fork seals/oil on two of my dirt bikes. This is one repair I just don't wanna deal with.

Anyone got any local techs that can do it? Thanks!!!!

Jerry over here at Sloan's has his suspension shop. He just got done making me a spacer, as well as helping to talk me through my fork swap. He is a great guy and really does know his stuff. I just rebuilt a set of forks to put on my bike
racergirl479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:38 PM   #10495
treemuncher
Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer: 291
Quote:
Originally Posted by racergirl479 View Post
Here we go yall...

Click the link for all info for the poker run July 28th! Also register to save ya $5. Winner gets the whole pot.

http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...&llr=5m8qb9dab
Signed up and ready to ride again. We just got in last night from a 15 day trip out west. Made it as far as WA & OR this time. 5,990 miles total for the trip, 2 motel nights and the rest in the tent. Now over 31,000 miles on the Tenere and that's what I will ride on the poker run, again. Definitely, the best motorcycle that I have ever owned!

I took over 5,000 photos on this trip. Here are a few of the highlights. We got out to some out of the way places and had a great time. I rode about 250+ miles of mostly dirt in the Black Hills and another 50+ solo miles on the wild side of the Bighorn Mountains from the remote desert to the high alpine meadows before rejoining my riding group. The Bighorn Mountains are some of the best, most scenic roads that I have ever found, but then Medicine Bow Natl Forest was also killer. Great riding everywhere I went.

www.moonshine-run.com where real riders meet
treemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 03:50 PM   #10496
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,125
Quote:
Here we go yall...

Click the link for all info for the poker run July 28th! Also register to save ya $5. Winner gets the whole pot.

http://events.r20.constantcontact.co...&llr=5m8qb9dab

In also, see you all there!
Old 07-22-2013, 03:51 PM   #10497
teambft
teambft

Quote:
Jerry over here at Sloan's has his suspension shop. He just got done making me a spacer, as well as helping to talk me through my fork swap. He is a great guy and really does know his stuff. I just rebuilt a set of forks to put on my bike
Thanks a ton. I bet he does great work. And he responded to my email pretty quick. But its likely WAY more than I want to spend right now.

If anyone else has any ideas, let me know.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:50 PM   #10498
jeventures
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Thanks a ton. I bet he does great work. And he responded to my email pretty quick. But its likely WAY more than I want to spend right now.

If anyone else has any ideas, let me know.

So you want to save time AND money eh Just messing with you but if you're looking to save a buck you're going to have to this one yourself I bet.

Might try https://www.facebook.com/motorepair or http://national.citysearch.com/profi...ll_engine.html Both are small shops that might be lower on price. I used the second one years ago with good results. The first I've heard good things about but not needed to try yet.
Old 07-22-2013, 04:56 PM   #10499
teambft
teambft

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeventures View Post
So you want to save time AND money eh Just messing with you but if you're looking to save a buck you're going to have to this one yourself I bet.

Might try https://www.facebook.com/motorepair or http://national.citysearch.com/profi...ll_engine.html Both are small shops that might be lower on price. I used the second one years ago with good results. The first I've heard good things about but not needed to try yet.
Nah - I just think $250+ is a little much per bike. Again, I've heard good things about Jerry out there and I'm sure he's a class act. Lead time was also over a week.
I got a local guy that is about two miles from me and charges about $75-90 per pair of forks but is out of town til August.
Another guy in Manchester will do both bikes for a total of $150 and I supply the seals - but thats about 60 miles one way for me....I may just do that.
Anyhow, thanks again - any other ideas, drop me a note.
Old 07-22-2013, 05:23 PM   #10500
southernraised
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Are you doing the lbl200 in September?
southernraised is offline   Reply With Quote