ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-23-2013, 11:16 AM   #11026
Backwoodsone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
ride

ok folks the ride for aubrey is oct the 13. please come an ride with us if you can i would love to have the dual sports to out number harleys ha ha. no really i will be tickeled for any bike. its at the cal ripkin park in milan tn. line up will be at 1 15 to 1 30 round about we have lots of prizes an food.any questions please call , text me or p.m me here. thank ya'll
Backwoodsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #11027
jeventures
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
I'm not going to make it through the week without a ride report from the CMRA ride on Saturday. Still stuck out on trail #3? A picture of IHFs bike taking a nap? I'm winterizing the boat and buying tires for the EXC. I need a fix until I can get out again
Old 09-23-2013, 02:30 PM   #11028
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeventures View Post
I'm not going to make it through the week without a ride report from the CMRA ride on Saturday. Still stuck out on trail #3? A picture of IHFs bike taking a nap? I'm winterizing the boat and buying tires for the EXC. I need a fix until I can get out again
I can tell you IHF did his absolute best to kill me. Still not sure if he managed to or not. Supposedly theres going to be video evidence of IHF trying to do a superman off his bike, if he doesn't "accidentally" delete it.

Great ride though!!
KJD19892 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 03:59 PM   #11029
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 2,059
Quote:
I'll second KJD's comments. Kevin, is that you?

Yeah, we had an awesome ride. For a big group (12 riders), we covered a lot of ground and managed to keep the group together. Everybody in the group was an excellent rider (except for me) and they were all-out good guys too. I enjoyed the BS sessions as much as the riding.

This was one of the best rides I've ever been on. Thanks for the invite IHF. I hope I get invited back. Special thanks to Jerald for his hospitality and leading skills. He knows that area pretty well. We only got lost a couple of times, but that made it even more fun.

I didn't get any pictures. I was too busy trying to survive, and when I wasn't busy surviving, I was too busy BSing.

IHF did say that he had his GoPro on when he set sail. Perhaps he'll share it soon.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2013, 04:00 PM   #11030
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Quote:
I'll second KJD's comments. Kevin, is that you?

Yeah, we had an awesome ride. For a big group (12 riders), we covered a lot of ground and managed to keep the group together. Everybody in the group was an excellent rider (except for me) and they were all-out good guys too. I enjoyed the BS sessions as much as the riding.

This was one of the best rides I've ever been on. Thanks for the invite IHF. I hope I get invited back. Special thanks to Gerald for his hospitality and leading skills. He knows that area pretty well. We only got lost a couple of times, but that made it even more fun.

I didn't get any pictures. I was too busy trying to survive, and when I wasn't busy surviving, I was too busy BSing.

IHF did say that he had his GoPro on when he set sail. Perhaps he'll share it soon.
TBA #1001

MrTwisty screwed with this post 09-24-2013 at 03:14 AM
Old 09-23-2013, 08:58 PM   #11031
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer

Yep it's me. I thought I had my gopro running for one of the good rocky downhill and one of my dirtnaps but I guess it didn't charge right because all I ended up with was a few 20 second or so clips.
Old 09-24-2013, 07:17 AM   #11032
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,284
IHF reporting back from the dead

Well . . . . . . As much as I know you two were hoping for a massive fail video, I hate to say but I think you'll be as disappointed a I am

I got the footage but as you'll see . . . . . . . Mother Nature stepped in to help protect my ego

What you'll miss is, it was about a 300 yard long decent with a lot of big rocks....embedded and loose.

I guess the best part is that is finally shows be about 10 feet away from the bike when I got back on my feet

I've got some more vids and pics but will have to post them tonight.

And to agree with ya'll . . . . . . THAT WAS A HELL OF A RIDE ! ! ! !
Old 09-24-2013, 07:25 AM   #11033
jeventures
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post

Well . . . . . . As much as I know you two were hoping for a massive fail video, I hate to say but I think you'll be as disappointed a I am

I got the footage but as you'll see . . . . . . . Mother Nature stepped in to help protect my ego

What you'll miss is, it was about a 300 yard long decent with a lot of big rocks....embedded and loose.

I guess the best part is that is finally shows be about 10 feet away from the bike when I got back on my feet

Very nice!
Old 09-24-2013, 07:59 AM   #11034
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,019
Quote:
Mother Nature stepped in to help protect my ego
WTH? That's the second video from locals that leaves blocked a perfectly good view! I think WP had a leaf stop him from catching TK at LBL slide in some grass or something.

Looks like fun though!
Old 09-24-2013, 08:36 AM   #11035
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Quote:
Mother Nature stepped in to help protect my ego
I am extremely disappointed. I really wanted to see if IHF could fly.
TBA #1001
Old 09-24-2013, 12:36 PM   #11036
KJD19892
Gnarly Adventurer

Very disappointing. I really wanted to see you chase your shadow down the hill.
Old 09-24-2013, 06:17 PM   #11037
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,167
Quote:

Okay dude, glad you didnt get hurt......dont wanna lose my trailboss.....but holy shart that was hilarious......
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 06:48 PM   #11038
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 346
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
Okay dude, glad you didnt get hurt......dont wanna lose my trailboss.....but holy shart that was hilarious......
agree with blt, wish I had been there with ya, on my new 300. . . . but I an't got one yet, BUT the PC 800 has flew the coop ! ! yeeee-Haw
Old 09-24-2013, 06:58 PM   #11039
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnit man View Post
wish I had been there with ya, on my new 300. . . . but I an't got one yet, BUT the PC 800 has flew the coop ! ! yeeee-Haw

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2013, 07:01 PM   #11040
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,284
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post