ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #11146
graygoat657
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 302
For IHF

graygoat657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 09:13 PM   #11147
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,327
^ ^ ^ ^ ^ That was COOL.

Urban off road
Old 10-07-2013, 05:07 AM   #11148
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemuncher View Post
I just got in from a weekend sport touring trip over to Oklahoma at Clayton Lake State Park to attend an event. There were about 50 guys on dual sports to attend another event. What a great area to ride. Hell, I might even consider trailering the XR650R over there next year to attend the event with my friends and ride dirty with the dual sporters.

Description from the RideOK.com website list the following:
Adventure Rider Magazine 11th annual dual sport ride through the mountains of SE Oklahoma. Camp at Clayton Lake State Park and ride off-road through the beautiful Kiamichi mountains of SE Oklahoma. Rides available for all bike sizes and skill levels - big bikes, skinny bikes, and everything in between. Over 600,000 acres available for riding, including paved roads, dirt and gravel roads, jeep trails and single track trails.

Oklahoma's south east mountain region has great roads, high speed limits, excellent scenery, minimal LEO presence and more dirt than you would imagine. This is the second year I've made the trip over there. What a great place to ride!

Oh, and it is Bigfoot central. I did not see him, again, but there was a Bigfoot Festival going on too.
BIGFOOT!!! I got one of them things in the back of my property & he HATES dirt bikes. That bastard has pelted me with poo 5 or 6 times now!
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 09:46 AM   #11149
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,485
Hey guys! Moving up to the Middle TN area this Friday. IHF helped with all kinds of advice--which we promptly ignored and did the exact opposite. He was a great help.

Working in Franklin, renting a property on the edge of LaVergne/Smyrna. But like Jason said, it's not like we're buying the house. The only twisties we have in Memphis are the on/off ramps on I-40, so I can't wait for a back-road commute next Monday!
Old 10-07-2013, 11:09 AM   #11150
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Fellow rider needs your positive vibes . . . . .

Some of you guys know Dylan ( dmvmechanics ).

He's a good guy - has had some bad luck. Heal quick bro . .

Here's a note from his wife :

Dear friends, I would so appreciate your prayers right now. I got the call yesterday afternoon that my husband Dylan was in a motorcycle accident in Knoxville, TN. From what I understand, he went flying off a short cliff & into some trees while riding through the mountains with some friends. He has multiple rib fractures, a punctured lung, broken collar bone, a few small fractures in his spine and a broken ankle that he'll be having surgery on this morning, as well as possibly having a chest tube put in to help inflate the lung and help with the blood that is accumulating in the lung (I think that's right...)
I arrived in Knoxville last night with Davis our newborn and some amazing friends from church who came to help me. (Thank you Tina & Jennifer!) We will be here at least the next few days, not sure how long yet.
It's going to be a long and painful recovery and we both will need strength and patience, but God is good and has us in His loving hands. I could've easily received a very different phone call. Thankful for the angels that were by his side. Keep us in your thoughts & prayers. Thank you

Dylan's a tough dude. I expect he is more pissed about his Ducati getting scratched than he is about his injuries.

Old 10-07-2013, 11:12 AM   #11151
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_dan View Post
Hey guys! Moving up to the Middle TN area this Friday. IHF helped with all kinds of advice--which we promptly ignored and did the exact opposite. He was a great help.

Working in Franklin, renting a property on the edge of LaVergne/Smyrna. But like Jason said, it's not like we're buying the house. The only twisties we have in Memphis are the on/off ramps on I-40, so I can't wait for a back-road commute next Monday!
Hey Malibu - GLAD things are working out for you and WELCOME to your new life in Mid-TN.

You've got some GREAT riding 45 minutes east of you. The further you go the better it gets.

And whatever you do - DON'T listen to that IHF dood. Especially if he says "Let's see where this trail goes"
Old 10-07-2013, 12:23 PM   #11152
clocklaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,886
Quote:
Originally Posted by malibu_dan View Post
Hey Malibu Dan...what kind of twisties are you interested in? You might be interested in checking out the Middle Tennessee Street Riders thread http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=870594

Also, give me a shout with an e-mail and I will try to keep you in the loop for future street rides.
clocklaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 12:29 PM   #11153
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,780
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post

Dear friends, I would so appreciate your prayers right now. I got the call yesterday afternoon that my husband Dylan was in a motorcycle accident in Knoxville, TN. From what I understand, he went flying off a short cliff & into some trees while riding through the mountains with some friends. He has multiple rib fractures, a punctured lung, broken collar bone, a few small fractures in his spine and a broken ankle that he'll be having surgery on this morning, as well as possibly having a chest tube put in to help inflate the lung and help with the blood that is accumulating in the lung (I think that's right...)
I arrived in Knoxville last night with Davis our newborn and some amazing friends from church who came to help me. (Thank you Tina & Jennifer!) We will be here at least the next few days, not sure how long yet.
It's going to be a long and painful recovery and we both will need strength and patience, but God is good and has us in His loving hands. I could've easily received a very different phone call. Thankful for the angels that were by his side. Keep us in your thoughts & prayers. Thank you

Dylan's a tough dude. I expect he is more pissed about his Ducati getting scratched than he is about his injuries.

He is a good dude. I hate that he crashed. It's a good thing he's tough!
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 02:52 PM   #11154
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 6,415
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post

Anything else we can do besides vibes?
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 05:53 PM   #11155
BajaDoug
Swabbie

Oddometer: 455
When I moved to town IHF helped me with my house too. What a Pal.

BajaDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:46 PM   #11156
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 836
Just cleaned the Leopard up for Loretta Lynn's. Hit the skid plate with a rattle can.

Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 01:57 PM   #11157
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post
Anything else we can do besides vibes?
Hey IYAI - here's the latest update.

Trying to find out if he needs a wheelchair ramp built.

Let you know ASAP.

Update on Dylan's condition:
His surgery to put his ankle together went well they installed screws and a plates and the prognosis is very good that it will heal normally (over time).
His lung was partially collapsed and has now stabilized, but is severely bruised and has some fluid present. Where the ribs surround lungs there is a large hematoma of blood from the broken ribs that is restricting his breathing, but that is expected to dissipate without surgery. Of the twelve ribs on his right side, nine are broken, some are fractured in several places, he also has several fractured vertebrae. At this juncture, the doctors feel that no further surgery will be need unless the blood in his lung or the hematoma get worse. His collar bone may or may not require surgery. His biggest risk at this point is the possibility of contracting pneumonia, please pray specifically for that not to happen, that is a serious complication for someone with the injuries Dylan has. We were told we could most likely take him back home to Nashville either Saturday or Sunday. He will be in a wheelchair for about 6 weeks and will need a lot of physical therapy. As you can imagine he is in a great deal of pain, thank you all for your continued prayers… I will update again when we have any other news.
Old 10-08-2013, 01:59 PM   #11158
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaDoug View Post
When I moved to town IHF helped me with my house too. What a Pal.

Ah good to see the roof is still holding up just fine. . .
Old 10-08-2013, 02:02 PM   #11159
racergirl479
Flying Merkel

Oddometer: 635
if anyone is planning on going down to barbers this weekend for the vintage festival, we have 3 rooms left that we had reserved for a group ride down... only a few miles from barbers. If your interested in staying overnight and want one of the rooms let me know. No you don't have to ride down with us if you don't want, although we would love the company
racergirl479 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 02:08 PM   #11160
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachian Spikes View Post
Just cleaned the Leopard up for Loretta Lynn's. Hit the skid plate with a rattle can.

Awesome bikes