ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-15-2013, 04:08 PM   #11206
Colemanfu
King of all manfu

Oddometer: 3,145
Ribfest? Sounds yummy!

Been killin the ribs on the Egg this fall!
Old 10-15-2013, 06:42 PM   #11207
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Looks like the egg is worth it. Is it?
Old 10-15-2013, 06:45 PM   #11208
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
Okay, so with the uncertainty of Piney being open on the second weekend of November, I've looked into some other non-federal camping areas that Troy and I discussed last night. Fat Daddy's doesn't offer tent camping currently, and may be closed anyway. Paris Landing, however, is open, close to LBL, and cheap. The "basic loop", sites 48-61, is completely open at the moment, and is $28 for 2 nights after fees.

https://tnstateparks.itinio.com/paris-landing

FOR NOW, we don't have a set place that we are going to call base camp, yet. We are going to wait just a bit longer and see if Piney reopens. If it does, we will try to get in there.

Just putting this out there, and seeing what people think. After we get to the point that we have started booking camp sites somewhere, I'll see about starting a new thread for the non-event.
Did I miss the new thread? Is the weekend still a go? I took that Friday off so I'm riding regardless.
Old 10-15-2013, 07:18 PM   #11209
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,174
Fu - If those ribs are half as good as those wings, then sign me up bro
Old 10-15-2013, 10:21 PM   #11210
Terrible1One3
n00b

Oddometer: 187
Had a great time in Michigan last weekend. Uncles property. Looking forward to a ride down here to meet the hooligans!

Terrible1One3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 03:51 AM   #11211
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible1One3 View Post
Had a great time in Michigan last weekend. Uncles property. Looking forward to a ride down here to meet the hooligans!

I'm riding Loretta Lynn's Fall trail ride this weekend. It's probably too late to pre-register (save $10 that way) but, if you end up out there; drop me a line & we'll hook up.

I'm not much of a quad guy but, I've got a 700 Raptor if you ever want to ride 4-wheelers. I feel much safer on two wheels though so you might have to wait around for me to catch up. I should probably sell the Raptor or better yet, squeeze its' motor into the KLR I doubt it would fit though or I'd have already tried it.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 10:56 AM   #11212
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible1One3 View Post

Nice bike
Old 10-16-2013, 11:13 AM   #11213
Kev95GS
goob

Oddometer: 672
Ribfest for Lee Waggoner

This is the way Ribfest rolls.

that's just a little bit of them.

Come get 'ya some

RIBFEST INFO HERE
Old 10-16-2013, 11:41 AM   #11214
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 310
letin the DRZ go to new home :(

Hey just thought I would let you spread the word that it's time to let the DRZ go to a new home, it is a great machine and I would be proud to pass it on to anyone. It is the 400 E model ( plated and ready for the road ) with every up date known to man done to it by IHF, and he is very particular with his bikes. If he and I can't tear it up ain't no body gonna hurt it. I do have pics , just let me know if your interested OR know someone who might be. It will be in the 2600-3000- range depending on How many extras you may wanta take with it.
Old 10-16-2013, 12:10 PM   #11215
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnit man View Post
Hey just thought I would let you spread the word that it's time to let the DRZ go to a new home, it is a great machine and I would be proud to pass it on to anyone. It is the 400 E model ( plated and ready for the road ) with every up date known to man done to it by IHF, and he is very particular with his bikes. If he and I can't tear it up ain't no body gonna hurt it. I do have pics , just let me know if your interested OR know someone who might be. It will be in the 2600-3000- range depending on How many extras you may wanta take with it.
I guess you had a sip of the Kool-Aid, eh?

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 12:37 PM   #11216
Terrible1One3
n00b

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachian Spikes View Post
I'm riding Loretta Lynn's Fall trail ride this weekend. It's probably too late to pre-register (save $10 that way) but, if you end up out there; drop me a line & we'll hook up.

I'm not much of a quad guy but, I've got a 700 Raptor if you ever want to ride 4-wheelers. I feel much safer on two wheels though so you might have to wait around for me to catch up. I should probably sell the Raptor or better yet, squeeze its' motor into the KLR I doubt it would fit though or I'd have already tried it.
This weekend I'll be riding down at my parents place in Decatur county so can't make the Loretta Lynn thing, though it sounds like fun.

I have never been a quad guy, a few of my friends were growing up (250R and Banshee) but any time I rode them my arms were pumped and thumb tired in the first 10 minutes. Bike I could ride all day and yeah, feels way safer on a bike believe it or not.

That said...

I'm so happy I got the quad. I got it for my wife to "learn to shift" and what not without having to worry about balance (just started farting around the field on the KLX). It turns out to be a boat load of fun. I'm having more fun on that thing blasting around fields and what not, trails I don't like it cause I know I'm going to catch a tree or something that will hurt, though it can go over downed branches a lot better :).

I put the Fasst Flexx bars on the quad and it made a huge difference for arm pump stamina. It's been at American Motorsports in Nashville (has been for a week) getting a valve adjustment and overhaul (bought it used, want to make sure it's up to date on maintenance). Kind of disappointed with them, made an appointment almost three weeks out, dropped it off on time, as of yesterday they still hadn't gotten to it. Pretty ridiculous for having an appointment but there isn't much choice for "Can-Am" dealerships.

I bought the Kawa in Franklin at the dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm View Post
Nice bike
Thanks, loving this little thing. I wish it had a bit more pep most of the time but sometimes I don't. Wondering what I can do to get more out of it.

It has a Two-Brothers exhaust, Dyna Jet stage two (removed snorkel) carb work.

Thinking it will come down to a new piston, cams, and maybe head work to get it to more of a standard 250 race bike power range. That said it's fine and I'll wait a while most likely.

-Mike
Terrible1One3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:18 PM   #11217
BajaDoug
Swabbie

Oddometer: 433
For Spinnit Man

BajaDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 04:59 PM   #11218
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
I guess you had a sip of the Kool-Aid, eh?
That's what I'm guessing.

Come on in, the water's fine.

Even Dr.Z rides one, dispite his name sake.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:06 PM   #11219
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,412
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwisty View Post

Even Dr.Z rides one, dispite his name sake.

i still have a DRZ but it's the wifey's bike

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 05:10 PM   #11220
MrTwisty
Short Bus Cowboy

Oddometer: 1,957
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Z View Post
i still have a DRZ but it's the wifey's bike
I still have mine too, but don't tell anyone.
TBA #1001
"Life is too short to be a candy ass." - RuffJeep
'12 Yamaha Super Tenere, '05 KTM 450 EXC. '03 Suzuki DRZ 400S
MrTwisty is offline   Reply With Quote