ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-20-2013, 06:46 PM   #11236
crpntr
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 554
Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoat657 View Post
I headed out to Rib Fest in the early morning with my son in the side hack. After breakfast at Puckett's, we headed west. His ski clothing started taking on water so we turned back and ended up burning pavement and scattering leaves. I wonder if Klim makes kid size stuff I bet Rib Fest was fun.
Well, we got wet, it was cold but had a helluva good time. Looking at the dark sky on the way over and watching my wife shiver we contemplated turning back a few times saturday morning. We sucked it up, had some coffee to warm up and had a riders meeting in the rain. It was worth it. Great rides, competition and even better to catch up with friends I dont see enough of. All my heart is out to Lee and his family during this tough time. hope to see you all next year.
Old 10-20-2013, 08:49 PM   #11237
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 5,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
Nope! I've been on vacation, and we've been waiting to see if LBL would be able to reopen campgrounds before long.

That said, I say we are 100% GO now. I've go ahead and reserved a spot on Virginia loop in Piney. I am on site 281 for Friday November 8 through Sunday November 10.

Due to the short time frame we are looking at, this is probably going to be even more rag-tag than the Spring event, but it'll be good to get everything together!

I might get a stand alone post out soon, not 100% sure I will.

So... who's in?????

I'm a pretty solid in. I need to see how this week shakes out before I can say 100% though.
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:10 AM   #11238
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by crpntr View Post
So who got out and got dirty this wknd? I sure did...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEfJi6_mdBE

Friday my Daughter & I did 6 loops on the novice trail at the S.W.R. Fall trail ride @ Loretta Lynns. My Daughters bike got stuck in a deep rut when she pulled over for a faster rider to pass & I was so excited to be at my favorite ride, I yanked on the bike (instead of a slow steady pull) & heard a POP in my elbow followed by PAIN.

Saturday we sat at the house cuz my elbow was so sore I was afraid I'd end up wiping out from the pain.

Sunday my elbow felt much better so we hit L.L.s again. I did 2 laps of the novice trail with my Daughter just to make sure she was warmed up good before I left her to ride it alone while I did the main trail. I rode the entire 17 mile trail without stopping once (except for the 2 times traffic was jammed up at the foot of steep hill climbs but, that doesn't count) & I feel like I really kicked a$$ on that loop. I was running other riders down & they were pulling over for ME for a change. Of course there were still times I had to pull over for the Super Dooper fast guys but, I really had a blast & felt good about my performance. Rain on Saturday had the trail slick (in places) & much more technical than I remembered from my past 2 rides there.

I'm still trying to download the video from my Gopro memory card but, I think my Gopro is worn out as it took over an hour to down load the footage from Friday & I've had no luck with Sundays footage.

Does anyone know much about the Gopro Hero 2???? Mine is around 1.5 years old & I've noticed that the camera itself gets VERY HOT by the time the battery runs out of power. Does 1.5 years of heavy use sound like a normal life expectancy for the Hero 2?
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 05:26 AM   #11239
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Nope! I've been on vacation, and we've been waiting to see if LBL would be able to reopen campgrounds before long.

That said, I say we are 100% GO now. I've go ahead and reserved a spot on Virginia loop in Piney. I am on site 281 for Friday November 8 through Sunday November 10.

Due to the short time frame we are looking at, this is probably going to be even more rag-tag than the Spring event, but it'll be good to get everything together!

So... who's in?????
I will be there & I'll bring chicken fruit but, maybe not as much as last time. We are on the Paleo diet now & Patti is cooking with eggs like never before. it's worth it though, the food tastes GREAT & I've cinched up my belt by 3 holes in 2 months. Americans aren't fat because we're pigs, we're fat because of all the sugar/corn syrup that's in the food PRODUCT we eat. Real food comes from nature. Food Product comes from Nestle, Hormel, Tyson, Kelloggs ETC..
Old 10-21-2013, 09:41 AM   #11240
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Quote:

So... who's in?????
I'm in and reserved site 285.

drm screwed with this post 10-21-2013 at 10:16 AM
drm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 10:19 AM   #11241
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
boy howdy...I installed a used two brothers pipe, jet kit, and took my airbox lid off this past weekend. Now I really feel like I have a 250cc bike now.

Should be able to hang better with you bigger cc bikes @ LBL
Old 10-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #11242
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachian Spikes View Post
I will be there & I'll bring chicken fruit but, maybe not as much as last time. We are on the Paleo diet now & Patti is cooking with eggs like never before. it's worth it though, the food tastes GREAT & I've cinched up my belt by 3 holes in 2 months. Americans aren't fat because we're pigs, we're fat because of all the sugar/corn syrup that's in the food PRODUCT we eat. Real food comes from nature. Food Product comes from Nestle, Hormel, Tyson, Kelloggs ETC..
I planning on bringing lots of liquid corn.
Old 10-21-2013, 02:01 PM   #11243
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy

Oddometer: 1,761
Food, fuel, and souped up motorcycles.

What the hell could go wrong?
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2013, 04:50 PM   #11244
treemuncher
Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer: 280
Unless I cancel my FLSTOC trip, I won't make the LBL thing. Conflicts suck, especially when they limit your riding options. I guess we will just have to schedule another dirt ride another weekend later on. Have fun over there.

www.moonshine-run.com where real riders meet
treemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 11:12 AM   #11245
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post
I planning on bringing lots of liquid corn.
I'll have some form of fermented beverage myself but, my wife says beer is Paleo!

Just picked up a new Yamaha today. She's no louder than a normal conversation but, sucks in the whoops.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:15 AM   #11246
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Quote:
I'll have some form of fermented beverage myself but, my wife says beer is Paleo!

Just picked up a new Yamaha today. She's no louder than a normal conversation but, sucks in the whoops.
Shoulda got a TDI.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:48 AM   #11247
Terrible1One3
n00b

Oddometer: 216
I log on the forums all excited for some trail riding and so far one ride was rained out, I was riding at my parents for another, and now I'll be in Chicago for the LBL ride!

Damn horrible timing (or just too busy).

In line waiting for the next one.
Terrible1One3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2013, 12:06 PM   #11248
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post
Shoulda got a TDI.
What's a TDI?
Old 10-22-2013, 12:49 PM   #11249
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Quote:
What's a TDI?
I been in JM too much lately.

I could explain it, but then you'll just go:

then

Old 10-22-2013, 05:14 PM   #11250
Backwoodsone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Lbl

Hey I would like to come ride with y'all can't stay my youngest has football sat morn but if y'all riddin fri I can try to come what bout you
Wallachian when you headed there? It will be about 10 before I can make it an that also depends if my buddies parts for his xr don't come in
Backwoodsone is offline   Reply With Quote