ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-23-2013, 03:57 AM   #11251
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Backwoodsone View Post
Hey I would like to come ride with y'all can't stay my youngest has football sat morn but if y'all riddin fri I can try to come what bout you Wallachian when you headed there? It will be about 10 before I can make it an that also depends if my buddies parts for his xr don't come in
I'll probably get there around 10 on Friday. I got there around 10 last time & I was only the second guy to show up but, a crowd was out riding by 1:00.

Some of the local Benton Co. Dirt Pigs have been feverishly discussing a ride at Turkey Bay OHV park in L.B.L. & I'm hoping it goes down before the ride/camp out weekend. I'll let you know when something has been written in stone, hopefully it will be this weekend. If not then perhaps I can drag some of them along on our Nov/8,9&10 camp out.

......OOORRRRRRR you & I can just go ride on our own. Drop me a line if you have a plan & we'll assault the woods like one would expect from a pair of Jar Heads.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 04:10 AM   #11252
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemuncher View Post
Unless I cancel my FLSTOC trip, I won't make the LBL thing. Conflicts suck, especially when they limit your riding options. I guess we will just have to schedule another dirt ride another weekend later on. Have fun over there.
This is getting to be a trend with you. Talk about first world problems, "Guys I can't make this ride cuz I'm cursed with other riding commitments.". Your life must be a living hell.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to our next ride. It WILL happen......eventually.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:48 AM   #11253
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,024
ADV@LBL November 8-10 - I've started a new thread for that weekend here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=22617077

Get your name added to the list!
Old 10-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #11254
Backwoodsone
Adventurer

Oddometer: 93
Ew-rah

That right my man goin to try to ride this fri don't know tho sittin at Jackson general hospital now tha wife's sister is haveing a baby today so that may cank my plans for this weekend o yeah forgot to tell ya my buddies 650 is down cam and rocker arms ha ha but got a chance to hit dirt this past weekend it was short notice but went to Hickman my an rode to bardwell my on dirt beside miss river we got to make plans k treemuncher knows a route to ill. So we need to hook up with him but all the roads are on my gps get on google earth find Hickman my then zoom in an you can find all the little roads let me know what ya think and also had to push my buddies bike out of a mud hole he got stuck in ha ha ha it was fun
Backwoodsone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 08:02 PM   #11255
treemuncher
Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer: 280
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachian Spikes View Post
This is getting to be a trend with you. Talk about first world problems, "Guys I can't make this ride cuz I'm cursed with other riding commitments.". Your life must be a living hell.

Oh well, I'm looking forward to our next ride. It WILL happen......eventually.
I might have to cancel FLSTOC if my business luck does not change for the better. I had one diesel engine go out on my big machine. That one has been pulled and disassembled for inspection and another is on its way as a replacement with an extra 130hp. As of yesterday, my smaller machine has a cracked valve block and that will be another 2-4 days to get that out & replaced. Also noticed some major cracks in the C frame of that machine so major disassembly and welding time coming up before it goes back to work.

Too much mechanic time and some really huge bills coming up. I'll have to really work my butt off to try to get caught up. Sucks to be broke down but great to have work waiting as soon as I'm back up and running.

If I can't justify the days off for Florida, I can at least justify a weekend locally. At this rate, I'll never get the Super Tenere over the 40k mark before the end of the year.

www.moonshine-run.com where real riders meet
treemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 07:42 AM   #11256
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by treemuncher View Post
I might have to cancel FLSTOC if my business luck does not change for the better. I had one diesel engine go out on my big machine. That one has been pulled and disassembled for inspection and another is on its way as a replacement with an extra 130hp. As of yesterday, my smaller machine has a cracked valve block and that will be another 2-4 days to get that out & replaced. Also noticed some major cracks in the C frame of that machine so major disassembly and welding time coming up before it goes back to work.

Too much mechanic time and some really huge bills coming up. I'll have to really work my butt off to try to get caught up. Sucks to be broke down but great to have work waiting as soon as I'm back up and running.

If I can't justify the days off for Florida, I can at least justify a weekend locally. At this rate, I'll never get the Super Tenere over the 40k mark before the end of the year.
Hope everything works out well in the end. If you do end up riding with us......It'll beat the hell out of a sharp stick in the eye.
Old 10-24-2013, 08:00 AM   #11257
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction

Oddometer: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post
I been in JM too much lately.

I could explain it, but then you'll just go:

then

but only cause you're the one 'splaining it.
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 09:09 AM   #11258
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 5,863
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCRNA View Post
but only cause you're the one 'splaining it.
You gonna show up?
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 10:56 AM   #11259
HappyCRNA
AllTalkNoAction

Oddometer: 1,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post
You gonna show up?
I might.
HappyCRNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 11:25 AM   #11260
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycrna View Post
i might.
might?!?!?!?!?! I hear Magic Mike might need some help again!
Old 10-24-2013, 11:43 AM   #11261
wdavis009
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
ADV@LBL November 8-10 - I've started a new thread for that weekend here:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...php?p=22617077

Get your name added to the list!

I plan on attending. I may not be able to do 3 days but I will definitely be there for 2. I've never been to LBL. What type of riding is there? Is it better on a small bike or big bike?
wdavis009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 12:15 PM   #11262
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdavis009 View Post
I plan on attending. I may not be able to do 3 days but I will definitely be there for 2. I've never been to LBL. What type of riding is there? Is it better on a small bike or big bike?
There are about 400 miles of road at LBL, most of them are hard pack dirt and gravel. Some of them are in pretty funky shape, and some of them are smooth and fast. Last time out, it rained pretty heavily and had gotten slick in places, but even those on bigger bikes did fine. That said, the bigger bikes were 650cc bikes, with the exception of Troy who rode his DL1000 on the one dry day and did fine, but wasn't willing to push it more than he did, and Kevin on his 1100GS.

There is some (pretty serious, I think) talk of riding Turkey Bay. I've not been there, but I think it'd be more fun on a smaller bike.

What's your big bike and small bike? 650cc, easy, no problem. 1000cc+, may be a handful at Turkey Bay, and maybe even some other places, but doable if you are capable. My opinion at least.
Old 10-24-2013, 01:29 PM   #11263
2fast4u
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 736
I'm in with my new bike! Turkey bay here i come.....NOT! I will show up at camp sometime.

I have been looking all my life for this bike ( I have owned a bunch) and it is AMAZING! Nothing like a second gear 6 inch high wheelie for a 150 yards...Weeee
2fast4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2013, 01:34 PM   #11264
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
I'm in with my new bike! Turkey bay here i come.....NOT! I will show up at camp sometime.

I have been looking all my life for this bike ( I have owned a bunch) and it is AMAZING! Nothing like a second gear 6 inch high wheelie for a 150 yards...Weeee

Nice!
Old 10-24-2013, 01:46 PM   #11265
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2fast4u View Post
Why not bring out the WartHog? Just too much fun on the Duc?

Quote:
Originally Posted by drm View Post
Nice!
Yes, DAMN nice. Sounds mean, has the coolest stuff on it already, and he was picking up the wheel like it was a much smaller bike.