ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-16-2013, 08:27 PM   #11386
jeventures
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Tennessee
Oddometer: 227
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Good crew today.

All fast movers.

Covered a lot of ground.

We got shot at.

I got tossed over the bars.

BLT almost sank it.

GrayGoat took a poop in the woods. We named a loop after it.

Typical day in the SV hood.

I'm whooped . . . .going to bed
Can't believed I missed being shot at
__________________
Every man dies but not every man lives.
jeventures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 09:55 PM   #11387
graygoat657
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2013
Location: Franklin, TN
Oddometer: 315
Oset Electric Trials bike

graygoat657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2013, 10:18 PM   #11388
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Kingston Springs Tn
Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeventures View Post
Can't believed I missed being shot at
Man I can't believe I had to miss this, We did have a great time with the family and seein my Grandson was special, just started crawling and saying uh-oh . Glad you had a great time, hope to join ya next time.
__________________
Spinnit man, Yeeeeeeeeeee-Haw Let's Get'em Dirty ! !
Spinnit man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:30 AM   #11389
teambft
teambft
 
teambft's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Brentwood, TN
Oddometer: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnit man View Post
Man I can't believe I had to miss this, We did have a great time with the family and seein my Grandson was special, just started crawling and saying uh-oh . Glad you had a great time, hope to join ya next time.
IHF did some crawling yesterday and said uh oh. Wish I had my Go Pro with me......not too often you see a bike hit both its left side and right side in one smack! Heck, for that matter, not too often you see IHF smack his bike into the ground......thankfully hes okay. Knowin him he is at the massage parlor right now getting a rub down by Dirk and Sven.
__________________
2011 KTM 300 XC-W, 2001 Aprilia Falco, 2010 KTM 530 XCW Six Days, others
2012 KTM 500 EXC - sold, 950 SER-sold (regret)
Prior: BMW XC, TE610, KLR 650, 07 KTM 990 Adv, and many more ...BMWs, Ducs, KTMs, Harleys
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 07:45 AM   #11390
teambft
teambft
 
teambft's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Brentwood, TN
Oddometer: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoat657 View Post
Holy crap. And I just try to keep balanced enuff to stay outta ruts.
Id love to get one of those!
__________________
2011 KTM 300 XC-W, 2001 Aprilia Falco, 2010 KTM 530 XCW Six Days, others
2012 KTM 500 EXC - sold, 950 SER-sold (regret)
Prior: BMW XC, TE610, KLR 650, 07 KTM 990 Adv, and many more ...BMWs, Ducs, KTMs, Harleys
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 08:03 AM   #11391
sandalscout
blah blah blah
 
sandalscout's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2010
Location: Nashville, TN
Oddometer: 2,126
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
Holy crap. And I just try to keep balanced enuff to stay outta ruts.
Id love to get one of those!
Cool video.... But great bike!
__________________
My KLR650 - Not quite so ugly now
Matt's Trippin' in Peru
sandalscout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #11392
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer
 
Wallachian Spikes's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: Somewhere between the sacred silence & sleep
Oddometer: 836
Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoat657 View Post
That's EXACTLY what I would do if I had one of those! The rider in the video is lucky he didn't fall down & skin his knee, that would be my biggest fear if it was me.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:57 PM   #11393
Donttellmywife
Wheelie nice guy
 
Donttellmywife's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2013
Location: murfboro
Oddometer: 32
looks like a sponsored ride to me. supposed to include all the colors of the rainbow
__________________
Your telling me that this sucker is NUCLEAR!

DR650-creme puff
Valkyrie Interstate
Goldwing rat chop
Donttellmywife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 06:42 PM   #11394
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Location: Kingston Springs Tn
Oddometer: 364
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
IHF did some crawling yesterday and said uh oh. Wish I had my Go Pro with me......not too often you see a bike hit both its left side and right side in one smack! Heck, for that matter, not too often you see IHF smack his bike into the ground......thankfully hes okay. Knowin him he is at the massage parlor right now getting a rub down by Dirk and Sven.
Hey man how did the 380 do ?

wish I had seen the great one hit the ground. Glad he's ok but you know that just don't happen much . If had been anyone else he would have had at least two pics before we got up LOL .
__________________
Spinnit man, Yeeeeeeeeeee-Haw Let's Get'em Dirty ! !
Spinnit man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #11395
teambft
teambft
 
teambft's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2009
Location: Brentwood, TN
Oddometer: 1,198
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinnit man View Post
Hey man how did the 380 do ?

wish I had seen the great one hit the ground. Glad he's ok but you know that just don't happen much . If had been anyone else he would have had at least two pics before we got up LOL .
Good point on Jason and his "photog skills". I gotta start using my GoPro more often.
I rode the 450. Enduro Engineering is finishing my 380's suspension this week
__________________
2011 KTM 300 XC-W, 2001 Aprilia Falco, 2010 KTM 530 XCW Six Days, others
2012 KTM 500 EXC - sold, 950 SER-sold (regret)
Prior: BMW XC, TE610, KLR 650, 07 KTM 990 Adv, and many more ...BMWs, Ducs, KTMs, Harleys
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #11396
Terrible1One3
n00b
 
Terrible1One3's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Thompsons Station, TN
Oddometer: 219
Once again, out of town for the ride. If you all feel you need to ride more just buy me plane tickets or put me on a road trip and you'll have a ball!

I'm in for this weekend... or the next (holiday will probably be down in Decatur county but willing to travel)... or the next... :)

-Mike
Terrible1One3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 08:15 AM   #11397
PsychoChem
Gnarly Adventurer
 
PsychoChem's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2012
Location: Clarksville, TN
Oddometer: 148
Alright folks it's getting cold and that means lower bike prices. Along with scouring for a track bike in my future, I am looking for a good woods bike to start possibly doing hare scrambles and stuff on. I know I should have bought 2fast4u's kdx220 for the price he offered (still kicking myself for that) but actually from reading that bike seems like the perfect starter. I see a few for around 1200 usually but what should looking at to avoid a lemon? Also is that too high a price and I should look cheaper?

Any other bikes I should consider? I am not trying to break the bank yet unless I decide its something I really want to get into (so ktm's are probably out) and I will probably beat the bike to death learning on it.....
__________________
2011 Suzuki DR650SE
2013 Triumph Street Triple R
2003 KDX 200
PsychoChem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #11398
ihatefalling
Let it roll
 
ihatefalling's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Oddometer: 3,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoChem View Post
Alright folks it's getting cold and that means lower bike prices. Along with scouring for a track bike in my future, I am looking for a good woods bike to start possibly doing hare scrambles and stuff on. I know I should have bought 2fast4u's kdx220 for the price he offered (still kicking myself for that) but actually from reading that bike seems like the perfect starter. I see a few for around 1200 usually but what should looking at to avoid a lemon? Also is that too high a price and I should look cheaper?

Any other bikes I should consider? I am not trying to break the bank yet unless I decide its something I really want to get into (so ktm's are probably out) and I will probably beat the bike to death learning on it.....
KDX is the perfect starter woods bike. Bullet proof bikes.

Unless you can find a garage BajaDoug, just check it out for all the usual stuff....tires, pads, bearings, cables, chain, sprockets, brakes work good, shock works and spring aint whooped, starts and runs good. Prob need to change fork oil, learn how to jet a smoker then go ride it.

As you get faster you'll want to upgrade to KTM. 250 or 300 exc can't be beat.

IMO - don't buy a track bike and try to convert it to a woods bike. $$$$

Woods season is here . . . . don't wait too long
__________________
We gunna debitchulate you boy . . . .
ihatefalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #11399
threadkiller
Semi-feral Pappy
 
threadkiller's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: White House, Tennessee
Oddometer: 1,778
What about an 200 or 250 xc or xcw?
threadkiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 07:14 PM   #11400
ihatefalling
Let it roll
 
ihatefalling's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Franklin, TN
Oddometer: 3,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
Good point on Jason and his "photog skills".

I did find some cam footage from recent SV ride :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fgq-P_grmUw
__________________
We gunna debitchulate you boy . . . .
ihatefalling is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 02:01 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014