ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #12061
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,301
[/QUOTE]

HA - well said.

If we get 3-4 inches of snow down there it could very easily be just like this video
Old 02-11-2014, 08:02 PM   #12062
Spinnit man
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
coalmont

just checked it out, it is only 65 miles from cookeville to coalmont, might consider headin that way , put me there between 11-12, just a thought might be impossible to meet up but thought I would mention it. any thoughts
Old 02-11-2014, 08:07 PM   #12063
graygoat657
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 296
Scratchy valley

Hey, no poopin' in my spot.
graygoat657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 05:15 AM   #12064
Rufjeep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTwisty View Post
What's so special about this one?
if we get 3-6" of snow, followed by a couple of freeze/ thaws, it's going to be slicker than owl snot and any creek crossings will be thumping. I bet the valley will still have snow in it. Think about coming up out of that gorge in those conditions.
Rufjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #12065
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufjeep View Post
if we get 3-6" of snow, followed by a couple of freeze/ thaws, it's going to be slicker than owl snot and any creek crossings will be thumping. I bet the valley will still have snow in it. Think about coming up out of that gorge in those conditions.
I hear that bro - plus the temps seem to be dropping. Not sure if I want to ride SV in temps under 40 all day.

Maybe bump the ride to Sunday?? 10 degrees warmer.
Old 02-12-2014, 06:53 AM   #12066
teambft
teambft

Oddometer: 1,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
i hear that bro - plus the temps seem to be dropping. Not sure if i want to ride sv in temps under 40 all day.

Maybe bump the ride to sunday?? 10 degrees warmer.

sounds great!!!
teambft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 11:05 AM   #12067
teambft
teambft

Cool Springs Powersports

Stopped over to the Honda shop today during lunch to grab a few maintenance items for the four-fiddy. The guy at the parts counter says they now match internet prices.....just bring a screen print of the product with the price.

In fact, I was buying some oil and he asked if I needed a filter. I told him I had one on order, but heck, that I could always use an extra. He asked who I ordered it from (Motosport) and how much I paid....told him I couldnt remember....he actually took the initiative to look it up online and offered me the same price without me even asking...pretty damn cool and you dont see that too regularly at local bike shops......good for them!!! I'm sure their Yammy store next door does the same.

Anyhow....good to know.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:16 AM   #12068
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,026
Quote:
Originally Posted by teambft View Post
he actually took the initiative to look it up online and offered me the same price without me even asking...pretty damn cool and you dont see that too regularly at local bike shops......good for them!!! I'm sure their Yammy store next door does the same.
That is really cool! Mid-South in Clarksville does the same thing with appearal and possibly parts also. I was in there a while back and mentioned that I had been looking at helmets online. I was asked how much cheaper a helmet was online (~$55 on a $250 helmet), and was immediately told that they would match it if they verified the online price.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:02 PM   #12069
graygoat657
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Stopped over to the Honda shop today during lunch to grab a few maintenance items for the four-fiddy. The guy at the parts counter says they now match internet prices.....just bring a screen print of the product with the price.

In fact, I was buying some oil and he asked if I needed a filter. I told him I had one on order, but heck, that I could always use an extra. He asked who I ordered it from (Motosport) and how much I paid....told him I couldnt remember....he actually took the initiative to look it up online and offered me the same price without me even asking...pretty damn cool and you dont see that too regularly at local bike shops......good for them!!! I'm sure their Yammy store next door does the same.

Anyhow....good to know.
Ask for Zayne or Joe Brak (parts mgr both stores) tell them you know me. It might be worth a free sticker or sum'tin.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #12070
teambft
teambft

Quote:
Originally Posted by graygoat657 View Post
Ask for Zayne or Joe Brak (parts mgr both stores) tell them you know me. It might be worth a free sticker or sum'tin.
I DID give them your name....since I knew you had a relationship there. And the guy at the counter started screaming at me - "you tell that no good for nuthin NZ he owes us a ton of money, accessories and a bunch of other stuff. Dont ever say that name in here again"
Old 02-12-2014, 12:43 PM   #12071
graygoat657
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I DID give them your name....since I knew you had a relationship there. And the guy at the counter started screaming at me - "you tell that no good for nuthin NZ he owes us a ton of money, accessories and a bunch of other stuff. Dont ever say that name in here again"
Your code name is Sasquatch, so every time your in there I get a text:

Old 02-12-2014, 01:03 PM   #12072
Terrible1One3
n00b

Oddometer: 216
Quote:
Hey Dcar - we meet up in Coalmont in front to the EMT station (no foreshadowing intended). Usually around 9am or so. We can confirm the time later. Stop and have lunch at store / gas up at another store.

View Meet Up - Coalmont in a larger map

We usually ride all day. There is a lot of offroad. Some areas will be rocky for quite some time. If you've got mirrors and blinkers, might want to take them off.
[/URL]
Is this happening? Saturday or Sunday? 9am at EMT?

What kind of riding is it?

I have a street bike, Dual Sport and Enduro, do I need a tagged bike? Would you take the DS or the Enduro?

Let me know. I'll try to make it.
Terrible1One3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 01:18 PM   #12073
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrible1One3 View Post
Is this happening? Saturday or Sunday? 9am at EMT?

What kind of riding is it?

I have a street bike, Dual Sport and Enduro, do I need a tagged bike? Would you take the DS or the Enduro?

Let me know. I'll try to make it.
Man if we want to ride, my vote is we wait for SUNDAY. It's now saying the high for Saturday is 39. 39 is fine for pure woods but Sequatchie can be a faster pace ride / more wind and less body heat.

I would bring that Sherco. You could call it "dual sport" riding but only b/c we have to take a few back-road connectors. If we ride some gulfs (which we will) anything with mirrors and blinkers is pretty much guaranteed to get tore up. We've had lots of un-tagged bikes ride there and have never had a problem.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:21 PM   #12074
teambft
teambft

Quote:
Man if we want to ride, my vote is we wait for SUNDAY. It's now saying the high for Saturday is 39. 39 is fine for pure woods but Sequatchie can be a faster pace ride / more wind and less body heat.

I would bring that Sherco. You could call it "dual sport" riding but only b/c we have to take a few back-road connectors. If we ride some gulfs (which we will) anything with mirrors and blinkers is pretty much guaranteed to get tore up. We've had lots of un-tagged bikes ride there and have never had a problem.
Yeah, dual sport - hee hee...........there is a tree down in the gulf where IHF has nailed to it blinkers, mirrors, torn plastic and broken chains. He calls it his Trophy Tree.

BTW - I'd LOVE to see that Sherco - sounds like THE bike to have right now!!!!
Old 02-12-2014, 01:29 PM   #12075
clocklaw
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,775
Quote:
Cool Springs Powersports won my business some time ago....I have purchased 2 motorcycles, a 4wheeler and tons of parts from them. I bought my Ginger (my TDM850) from Zane. Great service department (Kate and Roland) if you need service and they will go the distance for you. If you ever have an issue, let them know and they will do what they can to make it right.
2005 FJR1300 - "my Blue Angel"
My Twins are Twins!
1992 TDM850 - "Ginger" & 1993 TDM850 - "Raven"
clocklaw is offline   Reply With Quote