ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2014, 06:32 PM   #12511
drm
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 390
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandalscout View Post
Cool looking ride!
Second that...I dig those lights. You'll like that 250 @ LBL.
Old 05-07-2014, 06:58 PM   #12512
EdgeGrip
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Thanks guys. I can't wait to try out LBL. I've read a lot of good stuff about it. That and the Devils something-or-other loop? What else as far as single track is around the area? Or if you can point me to a good thread with that info I will look there.
EdgeGrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2014, 09:46 PM   #12513
moulin6801
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdgeGrip View Post
Thanks guys. I can't wait to try out LBL. I've read a lot of good stuff about it. That and the Devils something-or-other loop? What else as far as single track is around the area? Or if you can point me to a good thread with that info I will look there.
I have the Dirt Devil ride saved on my GPS… Let me know when you are ready to go…
Cheers
moulin6801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 05:52 AM   #12514
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,297
Quote:
What else as far as single track is around the area? Or if you can point me to a good thread with that info I will look there.
If you want to get into off-roading, go to the MTDR website and join that group too. They have frequent club rides and can turn you on to more riding areas.
Old 05-08-2014, 09:24 AM   #12515
Terrible1One3
n00b

Oddometer: 216
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
If you want to get into off-roading, go to the MTDR website and join that group too. They have frequent club rides and can turn you on to more riding areas.
Second that. Also if you are looking for Singletrack join NATRA-Westpoint and gain access to over 5000 acres and tons of Singletrack. Also CMRA. Tons of great riding in middle Tennessee.

Dirt devil is a mix of dirt and pavement roads. Check out dual sport Tennessee for a map.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk
Terrible1One3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2014, 08:48 PM   #12516
EdgeGrip
Adventurer

Oddometer: 28
Thank you guys for all the input. Looking forward to getting over that way.
EdgeGrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 08:08 AM   #12517
TroyJ650
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by TroyJ650 View Post
Let us know when you get here, we'll tell you who to avoid.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Quote:
Thank you guys for all the input. Looking forward to getting over that way.
pssstt! ...that's him!
"Give me fuel, give me fire, give me that which I desire" J. Hetfield
TroyJ650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 09:00 AM   #12518
treemuncher
Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer: 280
FerrySTOC 5 starts next Thursday. If any of you local boys (or girls) with knowledge of Stewart County has an interest in leading some ADV style rides, let me know. I have had some interested parties inquiring about led rides for the ADV stuff.

I've made up the suggested ADV routes through Stewart, Henry, Benton, Humphries and Calloway Counties but I will be leading the Sport Touring rides over to Missouri and to Paducah for the RTE's.

May 15-18, 2014
Paris Landing State Park

FerrySTOC 5 – Bringing long distance, cross country riders to the Paris Landing area as a base for local area riding and group camping. Meet Sport Touring and ADV riders who are passionate and serious about their riding. We ride a little further, a little faster and a little safer than typical motorcyclists. Once again, we anticipate the arrival of riders from places as far away as California, Florida, New York and everywhere in between. Heck, we might even have some Canadians join us again!

FerrySTOC started as an idea during a trip to the Blue Ridge Gathering in the Fall of ’09, an event on the ST-owners.com calendar. (STOC=ST Owners Club is a free, internet based riding club.) Why not have an event themed on the 4 rivers area and ride the ferries that cross those rivers? And ... just to play a little bit on the theme, let’s have a gothic based Tinkerbell fairy riding a motorcycle as our trademark. Why not bring more tourists into our local community? As time has passed, this event has grown a loyal following and expanded with suggested routes for the Adventure riders - riders who lust after gravel roads and back woods exploration in rural areas. With Land Between The Lakes just across the river, this event brings the ADV riders together with long distance sport touring riders, all in the name of fun.

FerrySTOC objectives include group rides using the Drop & Sweep method that allows mixed rider skills to ride together, comfortably, in the safety of a group without the worry of navigation. Pie and ice cream will be served Friday evening by the Paris Landing Seniors Club. Expect 200+ mile rides on each day of group riding. Routes change annually so no one gets bored. One annual ride objective is famous Lambert’s Throwed Rolls in Sikeston, Missouri for the Friday lunch ride. The Dorena-Hickman Ferry is ridden across the Mississippi River on the way to Lambert’s when available. Our area also has a rich Civil War history, famous landmarks, wildlife refuges and more – there is something of interest for everyone to participate in.

All riders are welcome, regardless of make or model. We do ask that you wear full safety gear, ride within your personal abilities and limits of safety, absolutely NO DRUGS and please, no drinks until kickstands are down for the day. It’s all in the name of fun and getting to visit new friends from around the country.

More information is available at http://www.st-owners.com/forums/show...01-FerrySTOC-5 Please RSVP if you plan to attend so that we can be prepared with a head count. Remember to buy local and support our Paris Landing Tourism League that is nice enough to host this event.

Friday 8 AM departure from Paris Landing State Park to Lambert's Throwed Rolls in Sikeston, MO. Return to park in late afternoon for Pie & Ice Cream by the Senior's Club.

Saturday 8 AM departure for Kirchoff's Deli in Paducah. Return sometime in the afternoon. The Seniors may be cooking hot dogs and hamburgers for the dinner - not 100% confirmed on this yet.

Please Note: No alcohol consumption until kickstands are down for the day. Absolutely NO tolerance for illegal drugs. Please ride responsibly and within your limits - crashes are not encouraged.

www.moonshine-run.com where real riders meet
treemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:28 AM   #12519
wdavis009
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Dual Sport ride to Savannah

Just got back from a dual sport ride to Savannah and back. Still going through all the pics, but made a quick video of the trip.

wdavis009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #12520
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 804
Nice slide show wdavis. Looks like a weekend well spent.

I had intended to ride Godzilla all over LBL this weekend but after the first 59 miles ridden, I broke the pewter brake mount on her.

Ordered the replacement from Eagle Mike on Thursday, it arrived Friday & I put it on this mourning.

I don't know the area well enough to lead a ride but, I'll be at Ferry Stock 5 & looking for the dirtiest ride going out from there. I'll keep an eye out for you Randy.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2014, 04:44 PM   #12521
wdavis009
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 142
Nashville to Atlanta

BTW, does anyone have any recommended routes to Atlanta? Need to go down in a couple weeks and would like to ride down via back roads.
wdavis009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 10:30 AM   #12522
BajaDoug
Swabbie

Oddometer: 448
They even follow me to the job site now.

BajaDoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2014, 02:06 PM   #12523
malibu_dan
Adventuring Mystic

Oddometer: 1,441
Okay, guys. Final rolling along with the ride report from our jaunt down to Florida. Stop by iffin' you're so inclined...

http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=973201

Old 05-11-2014, 07:04 PM   #12524
Dr.Z
6Sigma Knuckle Shflr

Oddometer: 9,786
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaDoug View Post

I'd be concerned if a cement truck followed me to a job site too.

I wouldn't want to be fitted for some cement shoes.

He's got some of the basics down, but, in the end, that just has to create a bigger clusterfuck in that chinese fire drill of a cognitive thought he brought to the dog and pony show of his new found awareness. - Jack Goff
Dr.Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 05:33 AM   #12525
ihatefalling
Let it roll

Oddometer: 3,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaDoug View Post

You butthole . . . . . .