ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-21-2014, 05:44 AM   #12616
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 804
John Penton movie.

Penton: The John Penton Story will be playing in Cordova in 12 days if enough tickets are sold. Go to the GATHR link at the bottom.

The first Penton motorcycles developed by John and built by a small bicycle and moped factory in Mattighofen Austria named KTM arrived in 1968. For the next ten years the Penton motorcycles along with Johnís family and loyal followers battled the competition, the motorcycle industry, a global economy and even more family tragedy to become a world-wide motorcycle racing dynasty.

Since Johnís first visit to Austria and KTM in 1967 and those first 10 Pentonís delivered to Amherst, Ohio in 1968, KTM Sportmotorcycle AG has become the largest producer of off-road motorcycles in the world.
This film features the largest cast of motorcycle legends ever assembled with over 100 interviews.

https://gathr.us/screening/8205

Cordova is like 10 miles East of Memphis.
Wallachian Spikes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 01:48 PM   #12617
ride2little
MoveAlongNothingHere

Oddometer: 1,890
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wallachian Spikes View Post
Penton: The John Penton Story will be playing in Cordova in 12 days if enough tickets are sold. Go to the GATHR link at the bottom.

The first Penton motorcycles developed by John and built by a small bicycle and moped factory in Mattighofen Austria named KTM arrived in 1968. For the next ten years the Penton motorcycles along with Johnís family and loyal followers battled the competition, the motorcycle industry, a global economy and even more family tragedy to become a world-wide motorcycle racing dynasty.

Since Johnís first visit to Austria and KTM in 1967 and those first 10 Pentonís delivered to Amherst, Ohio in 1968, KTM Sportmotorcycle AG has become the largest producer of off-road motorcycles in the world.

This film features the largest cast of motorcycle legends ever assembled with over 100 interviews.

https://gathr.us/screening/8205

Cordova is like 10 miles East of Memphis.

Same was true for Nashville, but time expired and we didnt make it.
Good luck!

YamahaRZ350
AMA-262640
ride2little is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2014, 04:27 PM   #12618
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Oddometer: 5,907
Quote:
I'm not familiar with Prentice. Where is it & do you need a tagged bike to ride it? I've got a 450 EXC but, it's not tagged.
It's just west of Chattanooga. Play area, no tags required.
iyaoyas98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2014, 04:33 AM   #12619
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post
It's just west of Chattanooga. Play area, no tags required.
Thanks, that's around 200 miles as the crow flies for me. Not sure how far it would be taking roads. Perhaps I can make it next time with a little more planning.

As long as it doesn't get any worse than what we did at Turkey Bay on the Sat. ride for ADV@ LBL 2.0, I'd love to try it out some time. My old a$$ & bad knees aren't interested in anything heroic. Only gotten the KTM dirty once since Loretta Lynn's so far this year & that's just not acceptable.

I ended up doing the "Army of hope" poker run out of Camden on the spur of the moment yesterday. Pissed off the old lady when I mysteriously came home reeking of a beer fragrance.
Old 06-22-2014, 06:14 AM   #12620
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Quote:
Thanks, that's around 200 miles as the crow flies for me. Not sure how far it would be taking roads. Perhaps I can make it next time with a little more planning.

As long as it doesn't get any worse than what we did at Turkey Bay on the Sat. ride for ADV@ LBL 2.0, I'd love to try it out some time. My old a$$ & bad knees aren't interested in anything heroic. Only gotten the KTM dirty once since Loretta Lynn's so far this year & that's just not acceptable.

I ended up doing the "Army of hope" poker run out of Camden on the spur of the moment yesterday. Pissed off the old lady when I mysteriously came home reeking of a beer fragrance.
Change if plans. We'll be at LBL in 2 hours.
Old 06-23-2014, 06:44 AM   #12621
dmvmechanics
Adventurer

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by ihatefalling View Post
Huh - for some reason just now seeing this.

So that looks like a regular registration paperwork to me.

So why didn't he get his tags?

Am I missing something?
I would just go in and say that you haven't got the tag in the mail. and you need it

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Buell 1125cr For Sale
dmvmechanics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:39 AM   #12622
treemuncher
Vegetation Terrorist

Oddometer: 282
Anyone looking for a mile-eating, long distance touring machine? I've posted my ST1300 for sale with all of the extras included with it. It is a fantastically smooth bike but my lust for dirt encounters keeps me on the Tenere all of the time. Better to sell than collect dust.

http://clarksville.craigslist.org/mcy/4529758807.html

www.moonshine-run.com where real riders meet

treemuncher screwed with this post 06-23-2014 at 08:44 AM
treemuncher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2014, 08:44 AM   #12623
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by treemuncher View Post
Anyone looking for a mile-eating, long distance touring machine? I've posted my ST1300 for sale with all of the extras included with it. It is a fantastically smooth bike but my lust for dirt encounters keeps me on the Tenere all of the time. Better to sell than collect dust.

http://clarksville.craigslist.org/mcy/4529758807.html

This link is it: http://clarksville.craigslist.org/vgm/4529758807.html
Old 06-23-2014, 12:30 PM   #12624
PsychoChem
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by iyaoyas98 View Post
Change if plans. We'll be at LBL in 2 hours.
Why did no one tell me?!
PsychoChem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 11:48 AM   #12625
Wmac
Adventurer

Oddometer: 47
Hi everyone. I'm in Franklin, TN and just bought a new KLR with the goal of doing the TAT in July/Aug 2015. I've been riding street and dirt bikes on and off my whole life, but, new to the DS/ADV scene. I'm an avid mountain biker and road cyclist, so, I'm fairly fit and comfortable in the saddle.

I plan on taking the next year to train and prep for the big ride. Looking forward to a lot of on and off road miles. My bike and self-protection are in-route now - crash bars, skid plate, doohickey, thermobob, jacket, pants, boots, etc. As soon as it all arrives and gets bolted on, I'll be ready to get dirty!

Regards,
Bill
Wmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 04:50 PM   #12626
edm11
Adventurer

Oddometer: 92
Middle Tennessee DS Ride Schedule Q2 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wmac View Post
Hi everyone. I'm in Franklin, TN and just bought a new KLR with the goal of doing the TAT in July/Aug 2015. I've been riding street and dirt bikes on and off my whole life, but, new to the DS/ADV scene. I'm an avid mountain biker and road cyclist, so, I'm fairly fit and comfortable in the saddle.

I plan on taking the next year to train and prep for the big ride. Looking forward to a lot of on and off road miles. My bike and self-protection are in-route now - crash bars, skid plate, doohickey, thermobob, jacket, pants, boots, etc. As soon as it all arrives and gets bolted on, I'll be ready to get dirty!

Regards,

Bill

Hi Wmac, I'm in Franklin McKays Mill area. Congrats on the KLR. Lots of great info & riders in this thread.

Closest places I've found to Cool Springs areas to get bike dirty on legal grounds is

Wildflower 80 acres + MX (18 miles away via Arno Rd area &

the Dirt Devil starting ~15 miles past Pucketts Leipers Fork on the right Dutch Potts Hollow Rd &

Woolys Off Road Columbia ~25 miles ? (have not been there in a couple yrs)

edm11 screwed with this post 06-24-2014 at 05:30 PM Reason: added info
edm11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2014, 07:14 PM   #12627
iyaoyas98
Bored Silly

Quote:
Originally Posted by PsychoChem View Post
Why did no one tell me?!
I sent you a stripper-gram,

You didn't get it?
Old 06-24-2014, 08:41 PM   #12628
graygoat657
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 297
Quote:

Regards,
Bill
Welcome. Keep an eye out for a Hickman ride. Great area to do some TAT training. And with all this rain, probably a little swimming.
graygoat657 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2014, 05:12 AM   #12629
Wallachian Spikes
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

Regards,
Bill
I too am a fellow KLR cultist in the Carroll County area. I'm always looking for an excuse to ride so shoot me a P.M. any time. LBL is good for many miles of easy to moderate gravel roads & the main trails (marked yellow) at Turkey Bay OHV park are easily doable on a KLR & some of the Gold trails are doable on a KLR if it's dry.
Old 06-25-2014, 09:00 AM   #12630
merlin
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 122
Quote:

Regards,
Bill
You're not going to have much trouble... The KLR is a great bike for that. I did TN, MS, AR a year ago on my 950 adventure. The best tips I can give you is to not over pack and rethink the time of year... Unless you just like melting. You can ride TN anytime.. MS is fun and AR is great after you get out of the delta and you can ride both in a long weekend..3 or 4 days.
merlin is offline   Reply With Quote