User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2015, 07:43 AM   #1
Tall Man OP
Freelancer

Oddometer: 994
Rider slapped in the helmet by dangerous idiot

Didn't find this elsewhere, so here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBtE-SwEnM4
(This site requires some sort of voodoo for YT embedding, which I'm not yet familiar with. Apologies.)

Not sure what my reaction would have been here. For sure, I'd have switched to Condition Red as soon as the driver stopped his car in an active travel lane.

It is sobering to realize that the GoPro plainly evident on the rider's helmet didn't dissuade the driver from his actions.

I can't stop the inevitable turn this discussion will take toward firearm use. All I'd ask here is that alternative forms of rider responses be discussed before we suggest what pistol caliber might have best put the VW-driving jackass to his rest. The longer we can delay this thread getting kicked to the basement, the better. Peace.

TM
Tall Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:57 AM   #2
catweasel67
Banned

Oddometer: 8,856
FWIW, this is a bit 205 (posted to YT in 2013) but the youtuber has somewhat updated his comments against his video...and here they are..

UPDATE: To those that are asking, I did go back to the police with a formal complaint and the will to prosecute the attacker. Inkedbeast76 helped me tremendously with this effort by guiding me through the whole process. I am forever grateful for such help, especially for someone to help a stranger from YouTube! Everything is in order and I have ID'd the attacker and now it's just a matter of waiting for the results or the call from the PD.

Just for everyone to know. I was NOT trying to race him, and I know the video makes it seem so. But I just wanted to pass him since I noticed he kept staying right next to me. I accelerated a bit to pass him but slowed down when I noticed I was approaching speed limit as well the a yellow light. The guy, for some odd reason, cut right behind me when I passed him, cutting off my friend and tailing me very closely (according to my friend). I didn't notice him behind me since he did it so abruptly, I assume he either got pissed that he thought I was trying to race him? Or that I purposely brake checked him? I was about to tell him that my intention wasn't was to race him but he got all macho on me.

And for those that are wondering. YES I took his little slap to the head. No harm done. I'm not an aggressive guy, I assumed this was another typical road rage, let the guy do his little act and be on with it. Of course I wanted to punch him but that would've made matters worse with all the people watching. If he had tried to take another swing at me then I would've gotten off to defend myself, but 1 little slap was no big deal.

What I thought was nice was the lady in car who asked if they were OK and, I think, offered to help if needed.

As for the guy in the cage, what a dick. I'd have probably done exactly what the biker did - sit there and take the slap but my guess is that the cager's a bully who saw someone smaller than him and thought he'd play the hard man...or try to. 10 to 1 says he'd do things very differently with a larger person.
catweasel67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 07:59 AM   #3
ROAD DAMAGE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,048
not very smart

Any idea what had happened previously to illicit this kind of response from the cage driver? Is there more to the story?

Even though it was a "perfect storm of stupid" for him to stop and do something like that, it just doesn't make sense for a little punk to act like that without having some sort of "perceived reason".

I get the feeling that something had happened prior and been edited out?
Old 03-18-2015, 08:35 AM   #4
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 9,068
My first reaction would have been to go around the passenger side of the VW just as the driver exited his vehicle. It wasn't safe to remain there, due to possibility of being hit from the rear by additional traffic. I'm not sure that would have ended well, as it would have put the angry driver behind me again.

Assuming I was still sitting there and received the slap as that rider did, I probably would have gone all rage and put my front wheel into his chest, then peeled out on his forehead. That would probably have landed me in jail, so not a good solution either.

That VW driver was acting weird, if you ask me; the way he clapped his hands afterward as if he was completing the cycle of some game he was playing in his head. Likely on some sort of drug, such as ecstasy or PCP. He looked too healthy for methamphetamine. Who knows these days.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:41 AM   #5
flei
cycletherapist

Oddometer: 991
VW driver took too many steroids?
Old 03-18-2015, 08:42 AM   #6
High Country Herb
Adventure Connoiseur

Oddometer: 9,068
Quote:
Originally Posted by flei View Post
VW driver took too many steroids?
If so, they aren't working.
Old 03-18-2015, 08:52 AM   #7
khager
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 985
I would have gone around on the right as soon as he stopped and opened the door, the left side was also clear and that would have been my #2 option.

Rev it to 6K and dump the clutch, eh maybe but since he was a scrawny little fucker, probably just as easy to stepoff the bike grab his head quick head butt, then smash his head into the back of the VW, but then again everyone here is armed so best just to get the hell out of there pronto!
khager is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:00 AM   #8
ozmoses
Ride On

Oddometer: 4,035
This incident was posted on BARF, by the rider, a couple years ago; IIRC the driver was not prosecuted.

Here you go, OP:

ozmoses screwed with this post 03-18-2015 at 10:14 AM
ozmoses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:12 AM   #9
Maggot12
U'mmmm yeaah!!

Oddometer: 5,281
I would have passed him on the right as he slowed down/stopped.

If it got to the point of him hitting me, the vid would have turned out much different.

Gti drivers are dicks, he's just pissed that his 32k VW got smoked by a 300cc Ninja....

Don't sweat the petty things; Pet the sweaty things !!!
Maggot12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 09:55 AM   #10
D R
----

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggot12 View Post

Gti drivers are dicks, he's just pissed that his 32k VW got smoked by a 300cc Ninja....
^^^

This...

...license plate and the evidence of the assault are all on video.....

....just saying....
Old 03-18-2015, 10:10 AM   #11
markk53
jack of all trades...

Oddometer: 8,855
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Man View Post
Didn't find this elsewhere, so here it is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBtE-SwEnM4
(This site requires some sort of voodoo for YT embedding, which I'm not yet familiar with. Apologies.)

Not sure what my reaction would have been here. For sure, I'd have switched to Condition Red as soon as the driver stopped his car in an active travel lane.

It is sobering to realize that the GoPro plainly evident on the rider's helmet didn't dissuade the driver from his actions.

I can't stop the inevitable turn this discussion will take toward firearm use. All I'd ask here is that alternative forms of rider responses be discussed before we suggest what pistol caliber might have best put the VW-driving jackass to his rest. The longer we can delay this thread getting kicked to the basement, the better. Peace.

TM

Geez, if it's on video isn't there a case for assult if one wanted to file the charge?

Mark - klx678
95 KLX650C w/Vulcan piston bigbore, Now an 09 KLX250S, selling my 90 Zephyr 550
markk53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 10:13 AM   #12
anotherguy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,631
I've never had anyone get that far w/o me getting off the bike. A couple made it close enough after dismount for a good Arai head butt. Enjoying fighting for a lifetime has advantages.
Old 03-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #13
eatpasta
Lawnmower Target

Oddometer: 10,818
I remember when this came out! I love how he gets out of his car all pumped up like he's an UFC fighter or something when he really looks to be about 5'5"

Im not sure how I would have handled this knowing I was getting it all on camera. Let him be a douche and smack me then see him in court or after he hits me, beat the living shit out of him then take him to court. Probably the former

is there an update for the rider did?
Originally Posted by Burnszilla
I was SO high, I could have hunted duck with a rake
Quote:
Originally Posted by VxZeroKnots View Post
MX stuff isn't my cup of tea, but falling down the side of a mountain is
eatpasta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:07 AM   #14
motif
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
still do not want to carry a gun?

p.s.
why biker waited for that punk anyway, he could ride away in no time while the driver was stopping.
motif is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2015, 11:10 AM   #15
motif
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
Quote:
Originally Posted by anotherguy View Post
I've never had anyone get that far w/o me getting off the bike. A couple made it close enough after dismount for a good Arai head butt. Enjoying fighting for a lifetime has advantages.

that's why some helmets includes horns, very useful with head butt.

motif is online now   Reply With Quote