Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-19-2004, 12:25 PM   #16
Tray OP
Yeah right...

Oddometer: 1,664
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysr612
check the mini classes in the cmra and the tmgp. these are road race orgs but they both have active motard riders. they also have endurance races as a sort of key to them. there is a 12 hour race coming up in a coulple of weeks. they rarely have over 30 bikes per mini race. Maybe 100 bikes will show up for a weekend.

http://www.cmraracing.com/index.htm
http://www.tmgps.8k.com/

I haven't raced with this next group
http://autos.groups.yahoo.com/group/SEMRAorg/

Great links! Thanks!
Tray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2004, 12:28 PM   #17
Tray OP
Yeah right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco
Motorcycle Roadracing Association

We run a bunch of classes and I ended up running my KX100 in lightweight and mini. My YZ250F was faster but I had more fun on the KX and I was going to win the class anyway. The 2-strokes in the class DUSTED the four strokes- it wasn't even funny. I had one scary fast guy on an XR100 get close to me in one race because I was shutting it down in the dirt section to save wear and tear on my bike (I'm not a little guy) but he later complained about how I walked away from him on the straights like he was on a bicycle. My goal is to create a competitive lightweight class and a strong mini class- both for first year racers and guys who don't need 50HP to get their kicks. Since most people don't have 85s or 100s, it's better to keep mini to 4-strokes only. I'd rather lose a race to a guy on an equal bike than win by half a lap on a dramatically faster bike.
The Kawi better than the Honda? Do both have aftermarket parts available? I know how I am. Once I get used to it and can handle my own I'll want to hop it up!
Old 10-19-2004, 04:12 PM   #18
Tray OP
Yeah right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco
Motorcycle Roadracing Association

We run a bunch of classes and I ended up running my KX100 in lightweight and mini. My YZ250F was faster but I had more fun on the KX and I was going to win the class anyway. The 2-strokes in the class DUSTED the four strokes- it wasn't even funny. I had one scary fast guy on an XR100 get close to me in one race because I was shutting it down in the dirt section to save wear and tear on my bike (I'm not a little guy) but he later complained about how I walked away from him on the straights like he was on a bicycle. My goal is to create a competitive lightweight class and a strong mini class- both for first year racers and guys who don't need 50HP to get their kicks. Since most people don't have 85s or 100s, it's better to keep mini to 4-strokes only. I'd rather lose a race to a guy on an equal bike than win by half a lap on a dramatically faster bike.
That makes sense to me!