Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > Parallel Universe
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-28-2010, 09:57 PM   #1
gpracer171 OP
Kodak Courage

Oddometer: 358
F800GS Maintenance schedule, Please help!!

I have searched for the answer with no luck, so sorry if this is out there and I have not found it. Just point me to the right place.

Where is the Service/Maintenance for the F800GS? I have the BMW Service Disc and it simple tells when/how often to do certain service items. It does not give a check off type list for each interval or even what the intervals are? See quoted thread below for what is on the disk. It does not even mention a 600 Mile what I know is required. It also specifically mentions referencing the "Maintenance Schedule" in the "running in" section, but no maintenance schedule to be found. Please Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTrider16
Yes, it sort of frosted my cookies, that I had to pay for the DVD to get this stupid list, that should have been in the manual.

Enjoy, the list for an f800gs(USA). (let me know if you can't see it)

I have the service manual disk. It does not specify any service schedules? It make no mention I can find of the 600 mile Items needed. WTF? It states to reference the maintenance schedule, but where is this? It does give intervals for certain services (as shown in the above quote), but not what should be done at what interval. Does this not seem to be odd, or am I missing something?

2010 BWM F800GS
2007 Yamaha WR450

If you are not moving forward, you are falling behind...

"Harley Davidson - There is not more efficient method of converting fossil fuel to heat and noise without the by-product of power", Unknown
gpracer171 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 04:21 AM   #2
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,101
Between the search engine, the layout, and the terminology they use, the "manual" kinda drives me nuts.

e.g.

"Valve shims" are acutally called "oil sinks"

And when you adjust the freeplay in the rear brake pedal what you are REALLY doing (per the manual) is "Adjusting blow-by clearance at piston rod"

I wonder if part of the problem is a poor translation from German?

OK.... anyway if you search on "00 00 111" you'll get the maint. schedule.
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #3
Maddaddy
Greg

Oddometer: 1,622
"Service" is something that happens after the 600 mile check?
Old 03-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #4
gpracer171 OP
Kodak Courage

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRWooden
Between the search engine, the layout, and the terminology they use, the "manual" kinda drives me nuts.

e.g.

"Valve shims" are acutally called "oil sinks"

And when you adjust the freeplay in the rear brake pedal what you are REALLY doing (per the manual) is "Adjusting blow-by clearance at piston rod"

I wonder if part of the problem is a poor translation from German?

OK.... anyway if you search on "00 00 111" you'll get the maint. schedule.
Hey JR, I am dense today. I am not sure what you mean by searching 00 00 111. Do yo mean on the disk CD, nothing is found for that.

2010 BWM F800GS
2007 Yamaha WR450

"Harley Davidson - There is not more efficient method of converting fossil fuel to heat and noise without the by-product of power", Unknown
Old 03-29-2010, 08:44 PM   #5
JRWooden
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,101
Sorry ... for whatever reason the maint. schedule is assigned an "index" code of:

00 00 111

in the DVD/manual. If you launch the manual then do a search on that set of numbers (with the spaces) you end up looking at the maint. schedule.

don't ask me why they did this ...........
JRWooden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:48 PM   #6
gpracer171 OP
Kodak Courage

Strange

I tried the search for the 00 00 111 with the spaces and got a "nothing found" response. Are you able to screen capture, print or anything to send it over to me? If it is found in the search, can you see where the search found it? I can try to navigate to it without the search.

2010 BWM F800GS
2007 Yamaha WR450

Old 03-29-2010, 09:56 PM   #7
MTrider16
Ridin' in MT

Oddometer: 1,440

The service intervals from the DVD have been posted in the other thread. This is the intermediate menu screen. If you get to the service intervals yourself, you will see the 00 00 111 in the heading.

Each one of these menu items are hotlinks. If you go to 00 00 119 you will go to the running in checklist.

On page 136 of the riders manual (you know the paper manual that comes with the bike) there is a description of the service plans. The running in service is 300 to 750 miles, and I believe this is what you are refering to.

When I went to the dealer to have some service done, they mentioned that the service intervals and what was included was a living document and they needed to print out a new one each time the owner came in. I assume this is why the information in the manuals is so limited.

It looks like everything is there, just not in the format you are expecting. Get used to the odd formats, its the BMW way.

David
Mountains, Moose, and Miles: a Montanan's Alcan Highway Story
Continental Divide and More: the "No Dust" Tour of WY and MT

MTrider16 screwed with this post 03-29-2010 at 10:08 PM
MTrider16 is offline   Reply With Quote