Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2010, 07:39 AM   #136
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,423
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike
Not sure if it's been mentioned, House Park BBQ in Austin. 900 West 12th street in Austin deserves to be in here. Eating some brisket right now.Fall apart tender. It's a litle bitty rustic place . all the pictures and flyers from days gone by are well smoked. Open 11am to 2:30pm Mon-Fri.

I'll give the brisket an 8.
Mon-Fri...My main day I am in Austin is Sat guess I am gonna have to schedule a service on my RT for a Friday....
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 07:55 AM   #137
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,518
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider1964
So which day???? dammit this is my back yard
We can Sat if JohnDavid's gonna be there. Otherwise, Sunday would be my pick.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Dahveed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:16 AM   #138
JohnDavid
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 375
Yes. I will come then. Where are we meeting at in Gatesville?

Thanks Dahveed... you didn't have to do that. It will be good to see you again. We can do whatever you guys want for a route, but being as hot as it is, I say we stay on paved roads so we can keep the speed up and stay cooler.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:31 AM   #139
JohnDavid
Gnarly Adventurer

Mr2mch, I look forward to meeting you. I saw your post with your St4s forsale. Beautiful bike. Don't bring it, or I will want to buy it. I am new. This Monster is my first bike. While I love it, I have already been on one big trip (to the Appalachian Mtns), and I am planning a trip right now to Million$, Moab, Bryce Canyon, Devils Hwy 191, etc etc and I wish I had a sport touring bike to do these longer trips.
I would love to have a better bike for touring, but I definitley can not afford one right now, but it is good to dream a little.
Old 08-06-2010, 08:33 AM   #140
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,450
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnDavid

Thanks Dahveed... you didn't have to do that. It will be good to see you again. We can do whatever you guys want for a route, but being as hot as it is, I say we stay on paved roads so we can keep the speed up and stay cooler.
How bout meetin at the Shell on the west side FM116/Hwy84 at 8:45AM Sat morn...be rollin at 9....do a couple of the CRs west of town then loop east & south...I think Schoepf's opens at 11 so we can be there about 5-10min before.

OK with you Dahveed..Ghost?? Anyone else...Agman???

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:35 AM   #141
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Quote:
Mr2mch, I look forward to meeting you. I saw your post with your St4s forsale. Beautiful bike. Don't bring it, or I will want to buy it. I am new. This Monster is my first bike. While I love it, I have already been on one big trip (to the Appalachian Mtns), and I am planning a trip right now to Million$, Moab, Bryce Canyon, Devils Hwy 191, etc etc and I wish I had a sport touring bike to do these longer trips.
I would love to have a better bike for touring, but I definitley can not afford one right now, but it is good to dream a little.
I saw an 03 FJR1300 listed somewhere with 40K +farkles for $4400! That'd get ya there...

.....................I also kno of a (Wee) Strom which might sell in the $2K range.........?

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Old 08-06-2010, 08:45 AM   #142
JohnDavid
Gnarly Adventurer

yeah, I'm not really looking right now (just wishing). I love my bike! But an FJR might be in my future.

84 and 116 sounds good to me.
Old 08-06-2010, 10:28 AM   #143
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:

No worries. Glad to change my schedule to ride with you again. I vote paved too.

Schizz, let me know if you want to join us and behold the wonder that is the KLR.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 08-06-2010, 10:13 PM   #144
hollywood59tx
Austintacious

Oddometer: 342
Coupla things...

Mueller's BBQ in Taylor, TX...very good brisket if you get the very fatty burnt ends that they give away for free while you're waiting in line. These guys take some liberties with black pepper...jeebus. I wasn't impressed at all with the overall quality. Long ass wait...Black pepper overloaded meat. The only saving grace was the beef rib...very meaty...very good.

Ruby's BBQ in Austin (not RUDY...RUBY) featured in the Austin Chronicle...and on NO RESERVATIONS. I ordered about 15 bucks worth of brisket, ribs, and sides. I couldn't eat any of it. I'll eat some shit...but I literally have had better 'que at Applebees. Dry...over-salty meat accompainied by sides that tasted like spoiled milk. Fuck me I was pissed.

Salt Lick (Driftwood location) is where it's at...followed by Smitty's Market in Lockhart. Still looking for #3...

2008 Kawasaki Concours
hollywood59tx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2010, 12:59 PM   #145
JohnDavid
Gnarly Adventurer

Good meat meet. Thanks for the route suggestions coming home Mr2!!! I followed them exactly -- very good roads. I took 970 over at the end. Crazy hot out there.
Old 08-07-2010, 02:17 PM   #146
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Yup, good riding with everyone. Home at 4:15.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 08-09-2010, 06:57 AM   #147
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Roads to ruin...ya.....from riding the FMs so much

Quote:
Good meat meet. Thanks for the route suggestions coming home Mr2!!! I followed them exactly -- very good roads. I took 970 over at the end. Crazy hot out there.
Glad ya enjoyed the ride back home....even in the heat. We'll try to ride more of the stuff I've got listed on the Google map down in the area around Burnet/Lampassas or even further south....Gillespie/Blanco Co when the heat isn't so bad.

Schoepf's BBQ in Belton... I like the pork chops & the chicken most (& the sauce!).My rib was pretty good this time too.The sirloin could have been a bit better(but I have had some very choice cuts before too) The jalepeno sausage was good but I think I prefer the medium overall.

so... Ghost?? Dahveed??? survey says.......

cycledelic hippie

Mr2mch screwed with this post 08-09-2010 at 07:06 AM
Old 08-09-2010, 10:19 AM   #148
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
Schoepf's BBQ in Belton... I like the pork chops & the chicken most (& the sauce!).My rib was pretty good this time too.The sirloin could have been a bit better(but I have had some very choice cuts before too) The jalepeno sausage was good but I think I prefer the medium overall.

so... Ghost?? Dahveed??? survey says.......
I thought the rib by itself was fair to good - maybe a 6, but the sauce really did compliment it well.

The chicken was good, maybe a 7. Once again I thought the sauce was good with the chicken.

The pork chop was very good. An 8. The mild sausage I had of Ghosts was also an 8 - some really nice flavor there.

The venison sausage was a 7. Schoepf's downfall was the beef. Both the brisket and steak I had a sample of were ok. Maybe a 5-6. Ok, now I'm hungry, so I gotta go to lunch.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 08-09-2010, 10:55 AM   #149
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahveed
I thought the rib by itself was fair to good - maybe a 6, but the sauce really did compliment it well.

The chicken was good, maybe a 7. Once again I thought the sauce was good with the chicken.

The pork chop was very good. An 8. The mild sausage I had of Ghosts was also an 8 - some really nice flavor there.

The venison sausage was a 7. Schoepf's downfall was the beef. Both the brisket and steak I had a sample of were ok. Maybe a 5-6. Ok, now I'm hungry, so I gotta go to lunch.
nothing to add.....cept...yes...time ta eat!

cycledelic hippie
Old 08-09-2010, 11:32 AM   #150
mike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,088
I used to eat at Smokey J's right there at FM620 and FM2222. I always thought it was pretty good. It's kind of fast food BBQ. Havent eaten there in a while.