Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-28-2010, 09:39 AM   #181
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,132
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX
Just got back from The Hard Eight in Stephenville and I gotta say I really like their food. The Jalapeno Sweet Corn is killer and the Brisket today was as good as it gets. Also was a nice ride there.

Headed to Loco Coyote tonight so today is a Great Day. Diet starts tomorrow. Both places area 10s in my list of BBQ ratings.
I'm going to be stopping by the Hard Eight this fall on my next Tex trip. Is Loco Coyote in Glen Rose? I think I've stopped there on previous trips. By the time I get to San Antonio I'm usually getting tired of BBQ and need my Cajun fix at Arcadiania. Its soo good!
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 09:53 AM   #182
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Oddometer: 5,444
Loco Coyote on West of Glen Rose approx 7 miles on CR 1004. Head west on 67 from Glen Rose and north on CR 1004 about a mile. Its not in a business district, just down that little ole road. My marker got dropped from the map, but its in the center of the map here. Its only open Thursday evening (summer only), Friday evening, Sat noon-10:00, Sun 11:00 - 8:00. The smartest policy is to always call first. They close for vacations.

View Loco Coyote in a larger map
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R

Dahveed screwed with this post 08-28-2010 at 10:00 AM
Dahveed is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:16 AM   #183
exoff-roadgoat
Will ride for food

Oddometer: 4,132
I guess I didn't stop at Loco Coyote. The BBQ joint I stopped at was on the east side of Glen Rose on 67. I remember there being a fair grounds across the street. I don't know if it was the food or the good look'n waitress's, but I liked it.
exoff-roadgoat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:45 AM   #184
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat
I guess I didn't stop at Loco Coyote. The BBQ joint I stopped at was on the east side of Glen Rose on 67. I remember there being a fair grounds across the street. I don't know if it was the food or the good look'n waitress's, but I liked it.
There is always next time. This is really the only restaurant I know of in Glen Rose.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 08-28-2010, 11:10 AM   #185
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by exoff-roadgoat
I'm going to be stopping by the Hard Eight this fall on my next Tex trip. Is Loco Coyote in Glen Rose? I think I've stopped there on previous trips. By the time I get to San Antonio I'm usually getting tired of BBQ and need my Cajun fix at Arcadiania. Its soo good!
Quote:
I guess I didn't stop at Loco Coyote. The BBQ joint I stopped at was on the east side of Glen Rose on 67. I remember there being a fair grounds across the street. I don't know if it was the food or the good look'n waitress's, but I liked it
You may have eaten at Hammond's. Good food , good atmosphere, and usually cute hired-help, too...but I'm still a fan of Loco. It's one of my favorite places to stop.

(Off-Topic: My top 3 Texas food stops are burritos and coffee at dawn-Kathy's Kosmic Kowgirl Kafe- Study Butte, Ribs-Loco Coyote- West of Glen Rose , and Chicken-fried steak-Mary's Cafe - Strawn. I can't eat much, but I eat good. Lot's of great stops in Texas but these 3 have never let me down. )

slowoldguy screwed with this post 08-28-2010 at 11:37 AM
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:14 PM   #186
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,656
The place you stopped at is called Ranch House BBQ and it is excellent. Rocky the owner usually hires pretty little Texas girls. she is also attractive and a friend. i am lucky to have such classic BBQ joints as Loco Coyote, Ranch House and Hard Eight all within 40 minutes.

I have become friends with owners of LOco Coyote and Ranch House by stopping in often while out on "get the hell out of Dallas" rides. Living close takes me there weeklly now. Lucky me...

For your info. Hammonds in Glen Rose IS NOT REALLY Hammonds. Tom Hammond, owner of Loco Coyote sold them the name when he sold the business and started LC. Food is mediocre at best, head west to LC instead. His dad was the original owner and was then called Hammonds. It became LC after AJ Hammond died. The real thang.

Ate there last night and talking to Tom Hammond he said it is his slowest summer ever for business and to tell friends to come out and eat with them. Consider it done.
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 05:03 AM   #187
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX
Just got back from The Hard Eight in Stephenville and I gotta say I really like their food. The Jalapeno Sweet Corn is killer and the Brisket today was as good as it gets. Also was a nice ride there.

Headed to Loco Coyote tonight so today is a Great Day. Diet starts tomorrow. Both places area 10s in my list of BBQ ratings.
LORD BOTH PLACES IN ONE DAY!!!! Bet you were full as a tick!
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #188
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

5 Guys Burgers and Fries

They opened one of these near me in Fort Worth. The fries are made there. As in sacks of potatoes come in and they're cut and cooked there. It was tasty!

The burger was good too, but I still think the LC has the best tasting burger around.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 09-03-2010, 05:16 PM   #189
Mudclod
Mojo Moto

Oddometer: 1,422
Ride to BBQ, BBQ to ride!

Down Texas Way
Mudclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 02:14 PM   #190
mike
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,038
Went to Blacks BBQ in Lockhart today. Ate there one other time back in the 80's. I will have to say it was worth the wait. Went there with a couple of guys from the ZRX board, Dan and Joe, and their better halves. I got pork ribs, cole slaw, tater salad, and the best nanner puddin I have ever eaten. $13.01. I'll give it a 9 overall. Everything was delicious. No pic's of the grub, sorry.

Old 09-04-2010, 07:02 PM   #191
ghostrider1964 OP
Edumacated Red Neck

Oddometer: 6,262
Mills County Bar B Q, Goldwaithe

While pre running rally routes our gang hit the Mills Co BBQ joint on 183. WE were hot, thirsty and hungry Nothing special outside, just a metal building with small dining area inside.

RIBS: DAMN THEY WERE SOLD OUT!!!!
BRISKET: DAMN!!! THIS IS GOOD BRISKET!.....9
SAUSAGE: GOOD SAUSAGE TOO!.....7.5

I WOULD DEFINITELY EAT HERE AGAIN! Sorry no pics was damn near done when I thought about it. Brisket was exceptional, thick cut and some fat but lots of flavor! Gonna come early to get some RIBS!
TEXAS-ROLL THE BONES RALLY 5 10/24-10/26/2014: THE BEST IS YET TO COME!
http://www.rollthebonesrally.com/
ghostrider1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:44 PM   #192
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,394
Hammond's (in Name Only) Glen Rose

Looks like we're gonna make a run to Hammond's tomorrow. PhilHill is leaving on an extended trip Tuesday so he wants a BBQ fix before he leaves. Anyone want to meet us there???? We'll be twistin round on some of the county roads beforehand. Afterward will prob be a fast blast back home if I know Wingnut & WindyWillie......& I do.

Hammond's hasn't been rated yet but most times that I've eaten there,the Q has been good (the pie is killer too!!) I'll update this post after stuffin my face.

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:58 PM   #193
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,009
If you find yourself in Junction don't stop at their version of Cooper's. Stop at Lum's instead. I got them to make up a huge sampler plate and everything was mesquite smoked and tasty if ya like mesquite smoked meat. Much better than that poor excuse up the road. I have a picture but I have no idea how to post it.
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 07:14 PM   #194
Dahveed
Sumo Biker!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
Looks like we're gonna make a run to Hammond's tomorrow. PhilHill is leaving on an extended trip Tuesday so he wants a BBQ fix before he leaves. Anyone want to meet us there????
I do, but can't. Is that in Glen Rose? Ride safe and let us know how it was.
'13 R1200GS
'08 WR250R
Old 09-12-2010, 04:20 PM   #195
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie

Oddometer: 2,394
HAMMOND'S BBQ IN GLEN ROSE ...or not!!! GOIN LOCO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch
Looks like we're gonna make a run to Hammond's tomorrow. PhilHill is leaving on an extended trip Tuesday so he wants a BBQ fix before he leaves. Anyone want to meet us there???? We'll be twistin round on some of the county roads beforehand. Afterward will prob be a fast blast back home if I know Wingnut & WindyWillie......& I do.

Hammond's hasn't been rated yet but most times that I've eaten there,the Q has been good (the pie is killer too!!) I'll update this post after stuffin my face.
Hammond's will still not be rated yet....THEY WERE CLOSED FOR VACATION
.....so guess where we went......yep..that's right we went LOCO!!!

First off....Didn't see Wayland (the waiter) around anywhere....
Secondly....The menus have been changed....NO MORE RIB BASKETS!!! ???
...only RIB PLATES @ $12.99 STILL AWSOMELY AWSOME though...& tasty
Small Burgers are now $9.95 ...Don't fret...they're still H U G E !
& the large burger is still EVEN H U G E R !!!
BBQ sandwich went up a buck....prob most other stuff too. Brisket is still good but overshadowed by those ribs. Onion ring portions seemed smaller on the sandwich basket....but plenty tasty. .. droolin yet...???

Our trip up there was kinda interesting too. WindyWillie & grandkid on the FJR...John on his Goldwing/sportscar ..Wingnut & PhilHill on the V Stroms.

Drug them big ol bikes around on some county roads with no complaints....then ...at the FM219/182 Crossroads...BAM!!! Wingnut's battery blew the top off. That ended his ride!!! Phil & I waited with his bike while John ferried him home to get a trailer. Windy & grandkid headed somewhere for breakfast (prob McDonald's). That leavin Phil & I to head for the Q.... after helpin load the Strom.

Phil's Strom started makin some weird fan noise about the time we got to the Coyote...Don't kno what it is yet,but will need lookin into. My bike acted like the battery was low when I left the house earlier this mornin too!!!

One of those strange rides..... WEIRD

UPDATE.....
We found the problem noise on Phil's Strom....A noisy cooling fan.He took the bike apart & found a warped plastic fan (motor bearings were fine).The fan was rubbing up against the shroud slightly. I'm gonna do some shopping & get it replaced & back together while he's gone on vacation. Maybe try Hammond's again when he gets back....

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie

Mr2mch screwed with this post 09-15-2010 at 09:59 AM
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote