User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-24-2014, 12:25 AM   #1486
JNXPILOT
Adventurer

Oddometer: 48
From Dave's post trip write up, #1288

"Life is not a destination, but a journey. Everyone WILL die eventually. Its just a matter of how and when. What counts is what happens before that time, and how you live it. You only live once. Treat everyone as you would want to be treated and it will come back to you ten fold. Thank you for accompanying me along this journey, and I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did. May your journey be as enjoyable.

Now go..... "

My towns 'Relay for Life' event is coming up in a few weeks. I'll be buying a luminary for Dave.

I wonder what the ridings like up there? Heavenly I'm guessing.

Old 02-27-2014, 10:08 AM   #1487
Haywood
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 372
So sorry to hear about this. I never met Dave but I followed him on his great journey. He definitely inspired me to "get out there". Thank you for that Dave. Rest in peace brother. I will take a ride on my XRL soon and dedicate it to him.
Haywood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2014, 03:15 PM   #1488
ER70S-2
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,911
Cry

At a loss for words. RIP

For those who haven't seen it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave View Post

Well I did it. Final trip mileage 35,052 miles. Granted the odometer is 2 thousand behind what it should be because of the crash.

By now this should be obvious.

SUZUKI DR650SE INFORMATION INDEX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelbonnie View Post
"BTW, I don't do style. It's a dirt bike, not some girlie dress-up thing." -

ER70S-2 screwed with this post 07-13-2014 at 07:59 PM
ER70S-2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2014, 09:43 AM   #1489
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,527
Shocking! What a great guy for the world to lose. I really feel for his parents. Other family, fiancé, and friends too, but for a parent to lose a child? Furthermore as the child is about to enter the prime of life. Yikes! So sorry, especially hitecmom and dad.

Dave was a joy to have stay with us, and for me to ride with, help work on his bike, hear about his adventures, and offer my observations of life to. He was so well-spirited and had a wonderful contagious positive attitude about him. We were hoping and expecting to see him again someday.

That's where I met him. We didn't eat there, we ate wholesome meals at home my wife prepared. We talked a good bit about diet.

I took him on some pretty technical dirt, and that was before he let me know he'd only been riding a few months, but he took it easy, did great, and didn't flub up. Up in the mountains it was foggy that day. I expressed regret that he couldn't enjoy the normally great views from certain spots along the way, and he informed me that he was thoroghly enjoying it the way it was. Said it reminded him of a scary movie, that something was going to jump out of the fog. I said yeah, deer and bear can be pretty scary when you're tooling along on a bike. He laughed.

My bike keeps getting in the way! This was after it cleared up a little. Since we were riding near the border with WV, I convinced him to let me get this shot, though he said he'd already gotten a welcome to VA sign elsewhere.

After the second night, he was ready to git on his way. I forget now where he was headed from here, but I got a shot of him ready to hop on and take off.

Godspeed, Dave!

I lost my father to leukemia in between Dave's departure from our home and his departure from earth; though the two didn't meet while here, I'm sure they have met where they are now. As Dave and I are kindred brothers to a common cause, so are he and my dad.

Heavenly Father,
I know it's not possible to fully comfort a grieving parent, but please do what you can for Dave's parents.
In Jesus' name,
amen?

Ok, that's freaky - as I was scanning over the pictures, passing the one where he is giving the thumbs up, I could swear Dave gave me a nod! Seriously! Love you too, bro! See you on the other side!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 04:13 AM   #1490
hippiebrian
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,060
Jesus, I'm tearing up here. I was looking for a trip report where the rider just took what they had and left and found this one. Too quickly I skipped to the last page and, wow, just wow. I feel for his family.

I am glad he got at least this ride in. I'm glad he didn't wait, like too many do, to be able to afford the "right" bike, the "right" gear, etc. Lesson here, the right bike for a trip and the right gear for a trip just might be what you have. Don't put it off any more than you have to. Me? Every vacation I'll be on the road somewhere. Who knows when it will be the last one? Ride. Enjoy. Let this guy be your inspiration.
hippiebrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 08:18 AM   #1491
AZ TOM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,757
A great inspiration to all who followed his story. Far too young to leave. At now 74 I feel an obligation to ride as often as I can & use the gift of life that God has given me. RIP Dave.
AZ TOM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 09:34 AM   #1492
pdxbrit
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 318
Funny thing is that Dave did say at some point that he wanted to inspire people. I know he inspired many before his death but when he died it spurred me on to get on with my trip and do it and this summer I did and I know that Dave was along with me the whole way.

Every day is a gift so get out there and enjoy life like Dave did because know one knows how much time they have.

Track me on my Delorme Inreach SE

pdxbrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 11:59 AM   #1493
SJK
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 311
Cool2

Hell of a ride that man took !!! Good for him and RIP young man!!
1992 DR350 2009 F800GS

SJK is offline   Reply With Quote