Old 04-23-2010, 09:02 PM   #151
Mr. Guy
Ubernoob

Oddometer: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironheadziggy76
I'm in!
Hey Ziggy,

Small world isn't it. See ya in a couple of weeks.

Guy
Mr. Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 09:47 PM   #152
hitecmom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Thumb Proud Mama aka hitecmom

Thank you, thank you, thank you to all inmate friends of my son Dave (Shooter Dave!) When he first told me about his trip plans....well...my face looked like this but now that I have seen how friendly you all have been...providing him with places to stay, beds, showers, food, dinners out, parts, improvements, company, great advice, and even an ADV sticker! ha Sure makes me feel much better! So three cheers for you delightfully nice people! You have been the answers to my daily prayers for my son!!! May God bless you all on your adventures as well!
hitecmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2010, 10:31 PM   #153
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,874
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitecmom
Thank you, thank you, thank you to all inmate friends of my son Dave (Shooter Dave!) When he first told me about his trip plans....well...my face looked like this but now that I have seen how friendly you all have been...providing him with places to stay, beds, showers, food, dinners out, parts, improvements, company, great advice, and even an ADV sticker! ha Sure makes me feel much better! So three cheers for you delightfully nice people! You have been the answers to my daily prayers for my son!!! May God bless you all on your adventures as well!

Old 04-23-2010, 10:59 PM   #154
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,271
Quote:
Originally Posted by hitecmom
Their will be many eyes (people) watching over Shooter Dave along his travels and adventures across the states. A lot of good people here on ADVRider to help out along the way and to keep him company. We enjoy taking the ride along the way through the HiTech world that we live in.
refokus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 02:42 AM   #155
Sourjon
TAT'erd

Oddometer: 2,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave
Well update.... After fixing my muffler (so I thought) I headed off to Carlsbad Caverns. Ill have the pics in the next update. As i got back into town I saw that I lost one of the bolts, and the other was half out. Turns out that since the bottom 2 rivets are looses as well, the vibrations are lossening up the other bolts. The holes have become oval shape. I now need to find a place in town that will drill me some new holes so I can bolt it up. The ploblem is going to be putting the bolts in as since the collar us a "U" shape on its side. There is no to way hold the nuts on the inside. Maybe i can weld it, but will I ever need to take it off? Anyone have any ideas on how to fix this?
Go to an automotive parts store and get some bule locktite. Put a drop or two on the threads late one evening when you are done for the day. Let it set up overnight and you should be good to go. I had the same problem on mine and this cured it.

John
Old 04-24-2010, 04:45 AM   #156
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
G thanks mom

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #157
oceanguppy
go with the flow

Oddometer: 62
lol
oceanguppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2010, 01:17 PM   #158
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

I love Lady Thumper. Jetted for sea level and I'm finally real close to sea level. Now I have more power and can cruise it a lower rpm, resulting in 50 MPG for now. I'm sure it will get better as time goes on. Afterall the other bike did.

Also we now know my answer to the stop sign in the desert question...................Nope!

Old 04-24-2010, 01:28 PM   #159
FatherX
demisocial

Oddometer: 4,441
BRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAPPP!

Old 04-24-2010, 07:15 PM   #160
oceanguppy
go with the flow

Thanks for the great reports, I've been following your path on Google maps as I read along and can say your route would be my first choice for the lower 48.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:23 PM   #161
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by oceanguppy
Thanks for the great reports, I've been following your path on Google maps as I read along and can say your route would be my first choice for the lower 48.

That's funny, because I don't have a route. I just kinda have a list of places i want to see and the route is made up as I go.

Old 04-24-2010, 11:48 PM   #162
El Birdo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
ummmm....what happened to the pics?
Old 04-25-2010, 01:24 AM   #163
oceanguppy
go with the flow

Well done sir. Even better 'n exactly the way I like it!
Old 04-25-2010, 06:26 AM   #164
MikeBike4
What'd I miss?

Oddometer: 1,321
Hey Dave, I'm really enjoyin' your approach to this ride and the report is a refreshing read. We're looking forward to your ADVentures as you move on East.
Old 04-25-2010, 08:43 AM   #165
CBAT
occasional wanderer

Oddometer: 823
Texas

Since you are in Carsbad, have you considered heading down to Big Bend area? Big Bend Ranch State Park is AWESOME. So much scenery you may hit visual overload. Cheap camping among the remote vistas. Could spend a night there and the next night around Terlingua/Study Butte.

2000 Suzuki DRZ400S, 2012 Yamaha Super Tenere
My Great Divide Ride 2009
Great Divide Part 2
CBAT is offline   Reply With Quote