User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2010, 09:51 PM   #46
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,560
Subscribed.

Sounds like a great adventure. I'll be following along!
Old 04-07-2010, 10:08 PM   #47
refokus
Just Learning

Oddometer: 2,155
I'll keep an eye on this one. Have a safe trip.
refokus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 02:28 PM   #48
Todd2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave
Man this Droid phone is awesome. I don't even need a computer to post to this thread. Currently I'm laying in my sleeping bag in my tent on the shore of lake Powell just inside the Utah border. I finally hit the time zone change. Tomorrow I'm going to chat some with my neighbor. Also an inmate. Then ill head up a dirt road from big water up to escalante. I literally just looked at the map on my phone and it looks like there is more roads then what I thought I was told. Hmmmmm I think ill head into town and get better directions and also some gas. Then its off on an adventure.
I got a DRIOD also. Don't know if you know you can 'check' the 'Satellite' "Layer" while in Google Maps. It'll then also automatically show you a street view when you arrive at your destination. Pretty cool. Oh, and don't submerge it - don't ask me how I know that one.

Todd
Todd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:20 PM   #49
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,286
Finally caught up with you... fun report! Glad you're having a great adventure. May God be with you! PS: I happen to have a Honda dealer nearby...
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:54 PM   #50
dave6253
Dauntless

Oddometer: 2,934
Thumb Subscribed!

Old 04-09-2010, 08:05 AM   #51
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Well I'm here in Richfield Utah. I stopped by the Jorgensen Honda. Man is this place cool. They are really nice people. This place is a man dream. They not only have bikes both off road and street, but they have guns, archery, paintball, and all sorts of things. This is my one stop shop. One could definitely live here being that there is a food store right across the street. If ever in Richfield I definately recommend stopping by.

Well today ill be heading up the 89 north. Not really sure where ill sleep tonight, but I'm sure ill find something. Stayed in the mountains last night. Almost next to the snow. Reminded me of my Yosemite trip. It was cold.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 01:20 PM   #52
FatherX
Java Man

Oddometer: 4,029
in

Lookin good brudda!

XRLong way round eh?

happy thumpin and I have that tire in reserve when you get to HI
Old 04-09-2010, 03:03 PM   #53
NMTrailboss
Team Dead End

Oddometer: 5,560
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave
Well I'm here in Richfield Utah. I stopped by the Jorgensen Honda. Man is this place cool. They are really nice people. This place is a man dream. They not only have bikes both off road and street, but they have guns, archery, paintball, and all sorts of things. This is my one stop shop. One could definitely live here being that there is a food store right across the street. If ever in Richfield I definately recommend stopping by.

Well today ill be heading up the 89 north. Not really sure where ill sleep tonight, but I'm sure ill find something. Stayed in the mountains last night. Almost next to the snow. Reminded me of my Yosemite trip. It was cold.
+1 on Jorgensen Honda. I've stopped in there on two different trips through central Utah and had bike problems repaired while I waited. Once on my bike and once on a friends. Fun to explore through all the bikes, sporting goods, guns, etc. on the floor too!
Old 04-09-2010, 09:34 PM   #54
mick
speedtrippy

Oddometer: 3,684
I'll buy a few beers for you when you get to Jackson. You should have clear sky and cool weather saturday.

"People don't understand what I'm doing. But it's not for the lack of me telling them about it".
mick is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:13 AM   #55
snowcase
n00b

Oddometer: 1
When I was visiting colleges out west we drove from SLC to Bozeman through Yellowstone then down through Jackson Hole and Park City back to SLC. What an awesome drive that was. That was in June and it was about 35.

I've also been to Arizona and driven all over from Scottsdale to Flagstaff the the Grand Canyon. Also a great drive.
snowcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 08:34 AM   #56
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,598
In...

Great start!
Old 04-10-2010, 10:33 AM   #57
disconnected
ultra runner

Oddometer: 6,491
Hey dude, if you make it to Pittsburgh, give me a shout. I can show you some kick ass stuff in West Virginia and there are about two Honda dealers within 5 miles, about 4 within 10..., so you can gather some pictures..

You can stay here and we can go out on the town...
Old 04-10-2010, 06:53 PM   #58
Drake Stone
Nobody

Oddometer: 60
I Like It !

Dave, If you come through Lafayette Louisiana - I'm good for Beer and a Bike Lift - and maybe a couple hundred miles of riding, Louisiana coast to Texas.
Look forward to following your adventure, Happy Trails....
Old 04-10-2010, 08:10 PM   #59
JUNAC
Straight Shooter

Oddometer: 656
LOVE THE SHOCKER DECAL

KTM 950 ADVENTURE MUSCLE BIKE

XR650L WITH THE ARMY BOXES...R.I.P.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=640254

JUNAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 03:54 AM   #60
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Victory!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yay I finally made it to Jackson WY. Its been a long cold last few days getting here. For the last two days I have been riding with snow along the roads. I've past over a few high and cold passes. All with spectacular views. I can't wait to upload pics later today. O did I mention I don't have any heated anything too. I'm kinda wishing I installed those heated grips before I left. O well this is an adventure is it not? Hopefully it will get warmer as I head south. Funny how one doesn't notice the time zone change when on a bike. O well back to sleep for now. Then later today ill post pics and stories.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote