Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2010, 07:43 PM   #751
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Well the tire holds just fine when in the gravel today. With knowing the work involved to fix the direction of it.....I'm just going to leave it.

As far as the Fire Extinguishers go. They work great. Most of my bottles are a little too small, so I added some spacers to make the straps tighter. They should hold now with no problems.

Brian showed me a plastic container that he had laying around, and it looks like a good canidate to put on the back. Basically It will take the place of the yellow bag without adding much new weight. If I don't like it then I can always just chuck it on the side of the road and go back to the old way. This will definately look more organized.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 05:08 AM   #752
buck rogers
Space Cadet

Oddometer: 90
can always just chuck it on the side of the road...

Now Dave, Don't be a litter bug..

You've had those panniers for a while, how are they working out?
Old 08-16-2010, 07:12 AM   #753
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

The panniers are working great. Now that I have the faster release I like them even more. Not so sure how the new top plastic one will work out, but I'm willing to give it a try.

Old 08-16-2010, 01:58 PM   #754
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

We all went for a day trip today to the highest tides in the world. They were really cool. You have to walk down stairs so you can walk on the sea floor. Over a 6 hours period or so the water goes up around 40 feet or so. We got there a few hours after low tide, and left about 2-3 hours later. There wasn’t all that much to do there other than wait for the tide to come in, so we didn’t stay the whole time. Well enough with the story, lets have some pics.

This kid fell somewhere in the mud. He was covered in the stuff and was kind of crying over it. It was pretty funny. Its all fun and games until you slip and get messy. Its just mud so what does it matter??? He sure didn’t like it though.

Old 08-16-2010, 02:14 PM   #755
Todd2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Hey Dave!

Just got caught back up with your RR. Looks like your still plugging along and haveing a good time. Linda and I just returned from a 10 day, self-guided, dual-sport, (lots of) dirt roads, trip through Central Mexico (and I didn't even get sick this time ). Good luck on your continued travels and be careful - they don't drive the same in those "foreign countries", ya know.

Keep on going.....

Take care.

Todd and Linda (Houston)
Todd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 04:45 PM   #756
buck rogers
Space Cadet

Oddometer: 90
Dave, those pics are awesome.!!!! I'm envious
Old 08-16-2010, 04:46 PM   #757
fritzcoinc
Enjoying my last V8

Oddometer: 6,647
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd2
Hey Dave!
Just got caught back up with your RR. Looks like your still plugging along and haveing a good time. Linda and I just returned from a 10 day, self-guided, dual-sport, (lots of) dirt roads, trip through Central Mexico (and I didn't even get sick this time ). Good luck on your continued travels and be careful - they don't drive the same in those "foreign countries", ya know.
Keep on going.....
Take care.
Todd and Linda (Houston)
Alright!!! Linda is all back to normal. Gald to hear it.
Hey, how about yall comming out to dinner Tue. night with the HouEuroRiders and show photos?
Regards
Fritz
86 Husky 400 XCE, 00 Husky Te 610 e, 1999 Husky TC610 SM, 2000 Cagiva GC; Google: TX7

fritzcoinc screwed with this post 08-16-2010 at 04:51 PM
fritzcoinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:48 PM   #758
Todd2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Fritz,

PM me details (I do not have your number anymore). Let me know what your group expects. I'm sure we can put something interesting together.

Todd
Todd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2010, 09:57 PM   #759
Larry_77084
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 506
Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd2
Fritz,

PM me details (I do not have your number anymore). Let me know what your group expects. I'm sure we can put something interesting together.

Todd
Hey Todd, it don't take much to entertain us.

"Suppose you were an idiot...And suppose you were a member of Congress...But I repeat myself".

-Mark Twain

I give up!

Larry_77084 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:31 AM   #760
deadlawyer
n00b

Oddometer: 7
high tides

That place with the cliff and tides is an extremely cool looking spot. Exactly where is it? (if you said, I missed it - sorry). Good to see the trip going well. Ride safe!!
deadlawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 04:58 PM   #761
Aunt Kathie
n00b

Oddometer: 6
Grandpa's Birthday

Hey long lost nephew...looks like you're going through some beautiful country and seeing some amazing sights. Just wanted to remind you that Saturday is Grandpa's birthday. We're going to your Mom's at noonish to celebrate his and Rachel Rachel's birthday. Uncle Kevin will be coming down too. It wold be nice if you'd call him to wish him a happy 79th. I told him he was going to be a stone's throw away from 80 and he told me it was more like 365 pebbles away. Then he thought about it and said a small stone sounds better than 365 pebbles.Keep updating the map. The last map was smaller or something and harder for my old eyes to read. Can you make it the same (larger) like you did before, or is that a big fat hassle?

XOXOXO,

Aunt Kathie
Old 08-18-2010, 08:22 PM   #762
pngaudioguy
Just...one...more...

Oddometer: 477
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlawyer
That place with the cliff and tides is an extremely cool looking spot. Exactly where is it? (if you said, I missed it - sorry). Good to see the trip going well. Ride safe!!
Those would be the Hopewell Rocks on the Eastern coast of Canada between Moncton and Saint John. Went there on the way to our honeymoon in Nova Scotia.
pngaudioguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 04:41 AM   #763
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Um, I'll try with the map thing...

I'm currently on the ferry to New Foundland. Caught the 2am one so I could get there in the morning. The plan now is to head strait north up the west coast to the viking settlement. Then hop another ferry over to Labrador. Head west across the Trans Labrador Highway and on into Qubec. I'm not real sure when I will have the internet again to do a RR or much less anything. I'm using the ferry's internet and computer right now, so no pics. I should be down into Qubec within 1.5 - 2 weeks or so if all goes well. Maybe I'm underestimating the distances again, but who cares. I'm enjoyin every minute of it. From what I hear the moose and black bear population out number the human population 3 to 1 on the island.

Old 08-19-2010, 08:14 AM   #764
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,528
Take it all in, Dave!
I've heard about how cool Newfoundland and Labrador can be (well, you know that). Enjoy!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2010, 08:55 AM   #765
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadlawyer

Hopewell Rocks is what it is called.......it`s between Moncton and Alma in New Brunswick.........Dave and i didn`t stay for high tide...

Here`s the link........

http://www.thehopewellrocks.ca/English/index.htm

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is online now   Reply With Quote