Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-26-2010, 02:02 PM   #811
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,238

Times up..........where are you at

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 03:00 PM   #812
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife

Times up..........where are you at

B
Well there was no midnight ferry like I thought there was, so I had to take the 8AM ferry. That turned into a 9AM ferry. It was pouring ass rain as soon as I got off the ferry at 2:30 PM. I got all the way to the opposite coast of Cape Brenton and grabbed a hotel because I was wet to the bone. I have waterproof liners, but they don't perform the way I thought they would. O well, such is life. I'll be there tomorrow.

BTW Aunt Kathie yes the shoulder hurts. It is at about the same stage it was at when I left Vance's place on June 4th. I can ride, but it hurts often.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 05:05 PM   #813
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave
Well there was no midnight ferry like I thought there was, so I had to take the 8AM ferry. That turned into a 9AM ferry. It was pouring ass rain as soon as I got off the ferry at 2:30 PM. I got all the way to the opposite coast of Cape Brenton and grabbed a hotel because I was wet to the bone. I have waterproof liners, but they don't perform the way I thought they would. O well, such is life. I'll be there tomorrow.

BTW Aunt Kathie yes the shoulder hurts. It is at about the same stage it was at when I left Vance's place on June 4th. I can ride, but it hurts often.
Slightly crappy weather tomorrow........nice weather for the next week here.....we had a few showers.....but man we could use a good downpour..it`s rarely rained here all summer

Take it easy bud.........no rush,ya don`t need more problems now....

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
Old 08-26-2010, 05:24 PM   #814
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by techforlife

Take it easy bud.........no rush,ya don`t need more problems now....

B
Ha ha. I'm going to totally going to screw myself here, but at this point I think I'm ready for anything.

Old 08-26-2010, 06:49 PM   #815
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,602
Old 08-26-2010, 06:50 PM   #816
dmaxmike
former quadtard.

Oddometer: 748
this thread and this site are like crack!!! i need more!!
dmaxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2010, 08:25 PM   #817
planemanx15
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmaxmike
this thread and this site are like crack!!! i need more!!
planemanx15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 04:32 PM   #818
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Twisted Sister showed up

Parts of the bike that shoulda been pointed north were going south for the winter i guess

Musta been a pile of plastic and stuff spewed for miles.........good thing duck tape can be bought in 1 mile long rolls eh Dave yeah you know what i`m sayin...

B
Old 08-27-2010, 04:33 PM   #819
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Not much to report other than as soon as I got off the ferry it was pissing rain. It was raining all the way untill I got a hotel. The next day I made good time to Brian's. We lost no time in beginning work on the bike. In the first 2 hours of me being there we had the rack bent back, some of the dash on, and my frame welded up. Yes, thats right I broke my frame, I broke my frame. We took the butt end off of her and rode her down to get welded. Here are some pics of the bike and the work. By the way... Have duct tape, world problems solved.

This is a picture of my break. Basically the two bones that the arrows point to are supposed to be connected.

ShooterDave screwed with this post 09-09-2010 at 04:44 PM
Old 08-27-2010, 05:08 PM   #820
fastredbike
recovering

Oddometer: 532
yikes!

separated collarbone, separated frame and still smiling, Dave you're one tough hombre!

I don't have much for Honda parts, but I do have a couple of never-been-used mirrors for an XR650L that are yours if you want them... and they're in Moncton where all that re-constructive surgery is getting done.
You don't seem like a guy that spends a lot of time looking behind you but just say the word...

Doug
fastredbike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2010, 05:42 PM   #821
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastredbike
separated collarbone, separated frame and still smiling, Dave you're one tough hombre!

I don't have much for Honda parts, but I do have a couple of never-been-used mirrors for an XR650L that are yours if you want them... and they're in Moncton where all that re-constructive surgery is getting done.
You don't seem like a guy that spends a lot of time looking behind you but just say the word...

Doug

PM sent.

Old 08-28-2010, 07:28 AM   #822
hitecmom
Adventurer

Oddometer: 21
Thumb Amazing Inmate!

Wow. Techforlife (Brian), you are such an amazing inmate! So generous, helpful, and friendly. David is truly fortunate to have you to stay with. Heh everyone: Even in Canada, there are riders who are there for you! Can't thank you enough Brian for helping David heal his body and his bike! You are a quality, stand-up guy! God bless you. Gratefully, Shooter Mom
hitecmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 05:50 PM   #823
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitecmom
Wow. Techforlife (Brian), you are such an amazing inmate! So generous, helpful, and friendly. David is truly fortunate to have you to stay with. Heh everyone: Even in Canada, there are riders who are there for you! Can't thank you enough Brian for helping David heal his body and his bike! You are a quality, stand-up guy! God bless you. Gratefully, Shooter Mom

Thanks....just trying to be helpfull.more than happy to help.....hate to think i`d be that far away and not have someone to fall back on if the same thing happened..

B
Old 08-28-2010, 06:51 PM   #824
mchester
Honda Cult Member

Oddometer: 1,454
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave
PM sent.
In fact, if you have a minute, could you post a list of parts you need? I'm in Ohio and I know I have some stuff I'll never use again from converting my XRL. I know I have a headlight and mounting bracket for example. These I can see from the photos, but others may no be so obvious. I think I have a stock set of peg ends too.

"If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice" Rush

2004 XR650L & 2003 ST1300

mchester screwed with this post 08-28-2010 at 07:09 PM
mchester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 08:46 PM   #825
NC-Okie
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,823
+1 one the request on posting a list of parts needed?

I have an XRL that was a theft recovery bike about 85% complete (Non-Running) I could see if I have any that you need.

Okie
NC-Okie is offline   Reply With Quote