Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2010, 08:51 AM   #841
Salsa
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 320
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave
Well my SD card for my camera crapped out on me. All the photos that I hadn't transfered from the rides with Brian are gone.
Don't give up on those pictures. First slide the protect on it to "Protect".

Next google "SD card repair".

I got this one and it found ALL my pictures.

http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk_Download

Don
Salsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 03:36 PM   #842
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Cool, I will give that a try next time my computer has internet access.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 04:12 PM   #843
Ed-B
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Dave,

You are livin' the dream, man! What an epic adventure you're having!

It was great to talk with you on the Eastern Prom here in Portland Maine this afternoon. I'd love to jump on my DR650 and ride back West with you... But I had to ride the SV650 home and make dinner for my family ;-) Ahh, the responsibilities...

I wish you the best; good weather, trouble-free miles, and rubber side down all the way!

Regards.

Ed
Ed-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 06:30 PM   #844
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

It was good meeting and chatting with you Ed. Don't worry eventually the kids will be gone.

Old 09-09-2010, 08:24 AM   #845
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

I left Brianís place and headed towards the border. I didnít think I would be able to make it to Portland Maine that night, but when I got to the border I found out that I gained an hour. It was no longer 4pm, but 3pm. I ended up making it to Ronniís place by the evening. I was there 2 days and went on a side trip down to the docks. Basically it was the same place that Ronni took me too last time I was there. I met Ed and another down there and chatted for a bit.

After leaving Ronniís place I headed west. I road about 400 miles that day. I really didnít have a route chosen just mainly headed west. Oddly enough my route took me thru the same part of Vermont that the rally was at. I rode thru the same town and everything. It was then that I realized I was on the same road that Maxís BMW was on. I decided to stop by and take a look since I didnít get to when I was at the rally. The shop was a lot smaller than I thought it would be, but I was told that it was big for a BMW shop.

I continued riding for a few more hours until a bit after dark. I didnít know where I was going to spend the night, but I knew I wouldnít make it to Mikeís place that day. I eventually found a rest stop and stayed there. It was pretty much just a hut for the restrooms and some picnic tables. I parked the bike next to one of the tables and went to sleep on the grass next to it. I only got a few hours of sleep because not only did trucks keep rolling in, but it rained for a bit at around 2 am too. I literally just laid down next to my bike on the grass in my gear, so when it started to rain I had to run to the restrooms to be under cover and not get wet. That lasted for about a half hour and since the ground was all wet I couldnít go back to the grass to sleep. So I sat on the table and waited until daylight.

I started riding a bit before dawn as there was no point in waiting. It started raining on me at around 9am and continued to do so for the next few hours. Normally this wouldnít of bothered me accept that it never got above 60 degrees that day, and I never saw the sun either. It made for a nice freezing ride.

I thought this to be really funny. Everywhere Iíve ever gone their premium is either 91 octane or 93 octane, which ever they have there. For some reason this gas station carried both and decided they could charge 10 cents more for the 93 octane gas, and call it ďultraĒ. Hahaha

I finally made it to Ohio.

This is my route updated to the rest stop. It has been just over 23,000 miles so far.

Old 09-09-2010, 01:58 PM   #846
DirtDriven
Not Cheap,Thrifty

Oddometer: 299
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave

This is my route updated to the rest stop. It has been just over 23,000 miles so far.

Dave,

I have followed your RR since day one and for me anyway, it's hard to realize how many miles you have traveled until looking at this map.
When are you planning on being back home or are you just mostly playing it by ear as they say?
I have found the best routes are the unplanned ones
Old 09-09-2010, 03:29 PM   #847
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

From day 1, cool. Thanks for the support. This entire trip has been "playing it ear". I never left with a route, just a list of places I wanted see.

Patrick46 here on the thread was nice enough to send me these stickers of North America. Thanks Patrck. They were just blank outlines, then I cut off the places
I didn't want and colored it in as needed.
This is the states I have been to.

This.... well now I have my map on my bike too.

ShooterDave screwed with this post 09-09-2010 at 03:35 PM
Old 09-09-2010, 05:28 PM   #848
Ed-B
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Dave, you are one seriously hard-core motorcycle rider! And you're still going, doing big miles - even after those two falls! Man, you're as tough as those nails you've pulled out of those flat tires.

I needed a new shield for my helmet, so this morning I rode over to Reynolds Motorsports in Buxton Maine where you visited a few weeks ago. I asked them about you - oh, they remembered - they were all very impressed!

You're doing what we all wished we had done years ago...

Legendary, dude!
Ed-B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #849
Daniel Son
Adventurer

Oddometer: 15
I have also been following your journey from the beginning. Well, since I joined anyhow. Awsome!!!
Daniel Son is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #850
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,324
Greetings, Dave!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2010, 08:20 PM   #851
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Ha ha ha, thanks guys. It surely has been one major adventure. I'm only so lucky to have such great people supporting me along the way. Whether it be staying with someone or simply talking for an hour; it truley is about the people that you meet. The recovery too.

Hi George.

Old 09-10-2010, 06:20 AM   #852
Ridetofish
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Lady's mileage

Awesome trip Dave, just spent a few weeks reading through the whole thread. I don't think it's come up, but do you keep track of gas mileage, I'm wondering what it is.

thanks and stay awesome
Ridetofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 08:09 AM   #853
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Mileage , mileage, whats that??? My bike runs on super fuel.

Na, she gets between 40 and 50 mpg. Even with her geared down a bit, and 2 wipeouts.

Old 09-10-2010, 04:31 PM   #854
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,238
How are you feeling Dave........the weather has sucked big dirty rocks since you left......i freekin hate rain,i hate fall, and i hate winter even more......found a pile of new trails to go on...some are long enough to be a night ride till the next day ride........man i love night rides

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 06:16 PM   #855
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,602
Grrrrr! Lol!