User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2010, 07:36 AM   #91
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Wowy

Well I guess I'm not leaving Jackson today. We got a few inches of snow last night and it is still coming down. Actually I'm going to put on my boots and go have a snow day. Ive been dishing it in flip flops and shorts lately, but time to change. Ha, ha ,ha. Man this trip has been so awesome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastredbike
Look at you heading almost due North into the high country when I'm still looking South this time of year. You've seen some great country already and it sounds like it's still early days for you, thanks for sharing the adventure and the pics.

So, can we expect you to be in Texas in July or something? . - the weather obviously isn't the deciding factor for you.

d
No the weather isn't. I just go and take it as it comes. Originally I wasn't planning on going this far north this soon. I was going to spend some time in the southern deserts then once I got to Salt Lake City i was going to head east over to Denver. However plans changed once I heard about the Wolfman need. So I headed up to Jackson with out regards to the weather.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben99r1
shooter. How do you like the under $20 tanks bag? On my bike with 5.8 tank it hangs lower on the seat. But it looks like a perfect fit with you 4.7 tank. Ben
Dude I love this thing. I was going to get the 5.8 but i thought it might be too big. I figured that with the weight of it, my gear, and me I might have to do something the the front suspension to stiffen it up. However with this tank all the stock stuff is fine. Now I know we are only talking about ~8 lbs of fuel difference, but I also like how the 4.7 was cheaper and clear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by olddude
Glad to see your still keeping it upright. Leaving Powell tomorrow for Natural Bridges. Very windy tonight...

Ted
Nice man. When I was there the people I stayed around said that it had been windy the last couple of days. That night was the one night it wasn't windy. Man i would of loved to spend more time and explore the area, o well I'll have to go back. Ha, ha i think I'd prefer the wind to the snow when riding.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanksmybuddy
Dave......noted the windshield on the L. Where did you get it and how is it performing? Thinking of putting one on mine for longer trips. Great RR, looking forward to more.
Man this thing rocks. I highly recommend it for longer slab rides. Mine was ~$100. Its real nice because I can take it off in under 15 seconds if I go off road. Whenever i go off road I've learned to take off the windshield and mirrors in case I fall over. Luckily I haven't really fallen yet except for the Saturday in the desert in the beginning of the trip. This is a link to the windshield. They also have it in tinted. Do some looking around on different websites to find the best price. I just did a general search for "universal windshields" and came up with a lot of results. I just happen to like this one best.
http://www.cruisercustomizing.com/de...flector_Screen

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Birdo
Finished it all and subscibed...
Nice report. I'm loving it.....espescially 'cause you're on an XRL. That makes it more of an adventure.
I think it's totally awesome the support of the FF's on this website.....offering garage space, sleep space and beer.
Way to go guys I'm not quite riding yet but I can appreciate the support you all have for a fellow rider. Nice.
O don't I know it. This community is awesome. I am so thankful for all the support and offerings of the fellow FF's.

To all you FF's out there: YOU GUYS ROCK!!!!!!!!

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 09:58 AM   #92
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Oddometer: 1,600
Great microbrews there....
Old 04-13-2010, 10:13 AM   #93
JUDOKA
retired

Oddometer: 172
In

Gotta see this! Minimanlists unite!
Old 04-13-2010, 03:11 PM   #94
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:40 PM   #95
buddha
buried in the sand...

Oddometer: 704
Old 04-14-2010, 08:51 AM   #96
Stovebolt
Team Ruptured Buzzard

Oddometer: 460
Rally on Shooterdave....

Subscribed, thanks....

It was nice meeting you in the shop yesterday Dave! I wish I'd had more time to visit with you then, but I'll keep track of you on your journey. Welcome to Jackson, by the way..... Are you still here? We had some snow again last night, and I don't know what your plans are, I suspect you want to travel South and OUTA here and try to get back to passably seasonable conditions. You won't find that anyplace other than Southbound on 89 like you came in on. Stay away from Teton Pass heading into Idaho. No go, no go.

Quit rubbing on my 640A in the back room - that belongs to inmate ini88 now...

Good luck to you on your journeys young man. Many props to you for doing this!

ShooterDave is Coolio.

Stovey
http://www.linkedin.com/pub/david-jankowsky/86/31/b04
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:58 AM   #97
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Ha, ha thanks. Actually I'm just leaving now. I kinda got snowed in yesterday. That was fun. I got to do something I've wanted to do since my Yosemite trip last January. I built a family of snow people. Then me and Thumper got to mow them down. I will have the video up later when I get on from my computer next time.

Today Ill be taking the 191 south into Rock Springs. From there I will work my way over to the Denver region. I have a few things to do there, Wolfman, Cigar Mike, and relatives.

I'm not rubbing your bike... the 950 SE maybe.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:17 AM   #98
SunneyDazze
Adventurer

Oddometer: 27
Map ..

Great RR and wonderfull pictures, Hope safe warmer travels for you in the near future..

One question what application are you using to make that map.. I would love to add that to my future reports..

Ride on
Old 04-14-2010, 03:15 PM   #99
Utah Bones
Gas X ready!

Hey come threw Vernal,Utah and grab 40 east to Denver.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:09 PM   #100
CheapJ7
Adventurer

Oddometer: 11
Hit me up whenever you travel through Alabama.... Our group will be down for a couple hundo miles, a hot meal/beer, and a warm place to stay... We'll be in the Mark twain natn'l forest (MO) this weekend, but i don't think you'll be making it that far. Good luck and great travels from a fellow XRL rider
CheapJ7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 10:04 PM   #101
pastork1
8 seconds

Oddometer: 50
Thumb

Awesome report. I had a 650l a few years ago, I even rode it on some motocross tracks!

It is cool to see a report in action. I am not disciplined enough to ride a report on the go. Thanks for your posts.
pastork1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 07:22 PM   #102
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,296
May warmer times come your way!
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2010, 10:45 PM   #103
ks02
Always smooth

Oddometer: 240
Sorry I'm to late

Awsome ride shooterdave. Got in here a little late. My Uncle owns the Outlaw Tavern in Afton Wyoming, about 60 mi. south of Jackson, wish I could have told you before you went through, it's kinda a Harley joint but cool non the less. Have a good ride.
ks02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 06:45 PM   #104
techforlife
CDI REPAIR

Oddometer: 4,191
You thaw out yet Dave........geeeezzzusss i`m going to have to boil that beer aren`t i.......

keep on it Dave,you`re making decent time...but personally i would turn the hell arround,go south,and come north in mid-summer so you don`t have to freeze your weiner off.. ...but i am a bit of a pussy..

B
01 XR650L,102mm JE 11.25:1..NX650 second gear,FMX650 fifth gear,ported CW head,KW valve train,MegaCycle 173X25.FCR MX pumper.42/158 NVCT needle.Cycra probend CRM,Scott`s sharkfin,Xr`s Only casesaver.FMF "Q2",Sutton Oil Cooler,Clarke 4.0,Red XR`s Only skidplate,Doubletake mirrors,Manracks Rotopax rack..one Minature Schnauzer
techforlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 07:54 PM   #105
El Birdo
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 908
Patiently waiting...........