Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2010, 08:14 PM   #1321
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Oddometer: 5,291
That is a great final summary, Dave! Thanks for sharing that, along with everything else. And so glad to see you home safely; the pictures with your mom and dad are a special touch. God bless and guide you always.
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
ONandOFF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2010, 08:24 PM   #1322
DarinB
Fish Hunter Esq.

Oddometer: 355
Like everyone else, I really enjoyed reading about your trip Dave. Those XR's are durable machines. What an accomplishment.
DarinB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2010, 07:44 AM   #1323
NitroRoo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 351
Wow man I can't believe I've been reading this ride report for 7 months! I guess it's time for me to get back to work too

Thanks for posting the reports and pictures, I really enjoyed "following" you around the country. Like others, I REALLY can't wait for your round the world trip. I expect it will be 100x more EPIC than this trip was (and that's saying something!)!
Old 12-04-2010, 04:09 PM   #1324
Jethro72
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
Ronni from Portland

Hey Dave. Just read the rest of your posts. Thank you again for letting April and myself for letting us be a part of your life. Who says ripple effects are crap? Take care and God bless. Ronni.
Jethro72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2010, 09:06 PM   #1325
sloater
Steve Segal

Oddometer: 67
Awesome adventure Dave! It's been said before, but I'll say it again... Thanks for taking us along!
sloater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 08:51 AM   #1326
HeadShrinker
Lost for a Reason

Oddometer: 1,322
I, too, really enjoyed following along. You have a strong, adventurous spirit. Looking forward to hearing of your other adventures to come! Well done.
HeadShrinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2010, 09:22 AM   #1327
far
ADVreader

Oddometer: 135
Thumb Can't wait for your RTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by sloater View Post
Awesome adventure Dave! It's been said before, but I'll say it again... Thanks for taking us along!
+ 1

Can't wait for your RTW
far is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 06:28 PM   #1328
Todd2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Well, congrats Dave - you made it! Since meeting you we rode central Mexico on rented dual sports and to California on our big bikes (yes, I put Linda's bike back together - mostly ). Maybe you'll pass through Houston on your RTW and let me ride with you again (slower on the KLRs). Enjoy dreaming of your next dream ride.

Todd (and Linda May)
Todd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:42 AM   #1329
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
Thanks again everyone. I'm glad I got to share this adventure with all of you. Todd I can definitely do that. When I do my RTW trip, I'm hoping to do the 4 extreme corners of North America, I hit 2 on this trip. While doing that I hope to stop by and see many of the friends that I made. I hope that saving for this trip will only take a few years.

You know I'm starting my RTW savings right now......

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 12:47 AM   #1330
RVDan
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,264
If everybody who enjoyed this thread donates one tank of gas, you could leave tomorrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker
You can never have too much hook.
RVDan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 01:11 AM   #1331
ShooterDave OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,381
You know one tank of gas is only ~$15 here in California. That might be true.

ShooterDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 07:54 AM   #1332
YZman
Bouncing off Trees

Oddometer: 1,120
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave View Post
Tonight I found a camp site near Shelby about half way up Michigan along the west coast. Due to it being so cold and everyone being in school, I am the only one here. I will get a picture of it in the morning for the next ride report. There wasn't enough light when I got here.
Man had I kept up on your ride report I coulda offered ya a place to stay. Im about 1/2 hour south of where ya camped. Ya probably ride right past my place.
YZman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 04:51 PM   #1333
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShooterDave View Post
...You know I'm starting my RTW savings right now......
Hahaha cool, Dave!
It might work, too, if you can avoid women, no falling in love, no marrying, no kids..... stay living with mom and dad....
But as cool as it would be, I wonder if it would be worth all you'd miss to make it happen....
Let's ride!!! - No offense, but there've been a lot of people over time who were just as sure, yet got it wrong. - Una necedad, aunque la repitan millones de bocas, no deja de ser una necedad. - "you know that I could have me a million more friends and all I'd have to lose is my point of view" (Prine)
Old 12-07-2010, 05:39 PM   #1334
Todd2
Adventurer

Oddometer: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ONandOFF View Post
Hahaha cool, Dave!
It might work, too.........no marrying, no kids........
Man, I learned THAT the hard way.
:c ry

IMHO: Better just to have a 'riding partner'. I may ride a bit slower in the dirt during the days, but I stay warmer between the sheets during the nights.

You've got (or had) my cell phone number, Dave. We'll see you again on your RTW trip (if we're home)! Take care, bud.

Todd (and Linda May)
Todd2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2010, 06:08 PM   #1335
ONandOFF
-ROAD-

Hey Todd. I love riding; I'd love to ride the whole country, Central America, South America, what a dream! But if I could go back, there's no way I'd trade my wife and kids for the freedom to ride all over at will. That's the best part of my life.
Why do we only get one life here on earth? By the time we're wise enough to know what we should do, and experienced enough to be able to do it, we've lost the physical prowess we once had! At least we can choose to benefit from enjoying the people around us.