Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2004, 12:15 AM   #16
Fighter
Head Gruver

Oddometer: 4,801
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKYPHL
Thanks, Bear.
I'll PM you closer to the date and hopefully we can meet up when we're there !

LKYPHL Keep all of us posted by dropping in on D2D Anchorage to Dawson thread. You get this close and the Gruvers will take care of you.
Fighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 09:51 PM   #17
Gusgus
Banned

Oddometer: 5,308
Laugh

If any of you travelers need a simple cabin, to use as a jumping off place and or a rest stop? Please ask. The location is north of Anchorage and south of Talkeetna. I have a shop and tools if maintenance is required. I plan on being in on the Dust to Dawson ride this year for my first inclusion in this fun, longest day ride.
Some local rides are worth seeing, like Hatcher Pass.

Ride safe and let us know what we can do for you.
Gusgus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2004, 05:27 PM   #18
LKYPHL OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Cheers, Gusgus
LKYPHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2004, 09:12 PM   #19
Gusgus
Banned

Why the name Amanda?

Quote:
Cheers, Gusgus
Old 11-23-2004, 02:54 PM   #20
LKYPHL OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
...... 'cause she's A mandarin coloured GS .......
LKYPHL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2004, 10:27 PM   #21
friar mike
IronButtGruver

Oddometer: 4,909
Thumb local rider

Hey Gusgus
we will have to meet sometime Iam in Wasilla on KGB road I run my shop here Abbey auto let me know.
Mike
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gusgus
If any of you travelers need a simple cabin, to use as a jumping off place and or a rest stop? Please ask. The location is north of Anchorage and south of Talkeetna. I have a shop and tools if maintenance is required. I plan on being in on the Dust to Dawson ride this year for my first inclusion in this fun, longest day ride.
Some local rides are worth seeing, like Hatcher Pass.

Ride safe and let us know what we can do for you.
Good-Bad-Iam the guy with the gun "evil dead"
God's speed Rommel run free my dog
friar mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2004, 10:37 PM   #22
Gusgus
Banned

Cool2 Good name

Very good

I always wonder about these things. But your name is spot on. My GuS is silver. Mandarin is much safer for the old Blue Haired Cady drivers to see through the cateracts.

Be safe on your "ride to the future" this coming summer. We will wait right here for you. If that is OK with you?:smoke

Gusgus

Quote:
...... 'cause she's A mandarin coloured GS .......
Old 11-24-2004, 10:48 PM   #23
Gusgus
Banned

Thumb Introduction to come

Hi Friar,
Yes is would be good to meet another motor head.
I have seen your place as I ride past. I couldn't tell you exactly where you are but it couldn't be that tough, could it?

Isn't it funny how we have been neighbors and this web site introduces us. Funny.
It could be worse I guess.

Is your business fixin vehicles? Mine is fixin flying vehicles. Same kind of thing , just a bit different.

Have a wonderful Turkey day

Gusgus

Quote:
Originally Posted by friar mike
Hey Gusgus
we will have to meet sometime Iam in Wasilla on KGB road I run my shop here Abbey auto let me know.
Mike
Old 11-24-2004, 11:34 PM   #24
KL5A
Bugs are the new black

Oddometer: 4,479
Hey GugGus

Nice to see another valley guy jump in here. We like to get a ride in whenever we can pry the Friar away from the harsh demands of his occupation-I'd like to get a good group day ride to Petersville this summer, we also like the Pass, and sometimes we get an uncontrollable jones for a shrimp and halibut basket in Whittier.
I'm in Wasilla too, not far from the Wally World, maybe you've seen the blue Pegaso? Watch for us this summer.
HACKSAW: One of a family of cutting tools built on the Ouija board principle. It transforms human energy into a crooked, unpredictable motion, and the more you attempt to influence its course, the more dismal your future becomes.

Only dead fish go with the flow.
KL5A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 12:03 AM   #25
Gusgus
Banned

Hi

Hi KL5A

I would love to do a Petersville ride. I do it on the sno-go every now and then. I have never been to Petersville by motorcycle. Been riding road bikes for the last few years. Rented a KLR650 and did the Denali, last summer. What a kick, I had forgotten how much fun dirt was. had to get a dual sport. The rest is, as they say "the poor house".
Didn't we ride "loosely" from Anc one day a couple of summers ago? I was either on a BMW K75s black or a bright yellow BMW K100LT. I seem to remember a blue Pegaso.

Haven't done the Whittier trip either. Sounds intriguing, lets ride.

Gusgus
Old 11-25-2004, 06:06 AM   #26
AK Bear
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,614
Count me in for both Petersvill and Whittier, I'd love to ride with some "Valley Trash". Bear
AK Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2004, 10:55 AM   #27
Gusgus
Banned

Laugh sounds fun

Being the invited one for the ride, makes me not the ride boss, yet I would love to see you with us.
Well, Bear I have begun the seat swap with a man in New Jersey. It looks like we both have the same agenda. Which would be to make double damn sure "he gets everything he needs". Meaning each of us will insure the other guy is happy. A great beginning, in my opinion.
We have the initial parts list from the Adventure to the GS but not the reversed list. The man has the '04 BMW parts CD and is doing the research right now. It should be a smooth transfer. He also has an Adventure Parts site so I am taking the oportunity to acquire a couple of needed items. Thanks for the information about the seat parts list.
Gusgus

TURKEY DAY is upon us. Happiness is my wish for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK Bear
Count me in for both Petersvill and Whittier, I'd love to ride with some "Valley Trash". Bear
Old 11-25-2004, 10:55 AM   #28
friar mike
IronButtGruver

Laugh valley

Hey Gusgus
I do get some cars in here that fly thats is low to the ground the cops just love me yep funny how the web works sometimes. drop in on your next fly by. Have a nice thanksgivin you to KL5A. valley trash sends its best AK bear
Quote:
Hi Friar,
Yes is would be good to meet another motor head.
I have seen your place as I ride past. I couldn't tell you exactly where you are but it couldn't be that tough, could it?

Isn't it funny how we have been neighbors and this web site introduces us. Funny.
It could be worse I guess.

Is your business fixin vehicles? Mine is fixin flying vehicles. Same kind of thing , just a bit different.

Have a wonderful Turkey day

Gusgus
Old 11-25-2004, 11:18 AM   #29
Gusgus
Banned

Same thing

I begin every day with a non-flyable aircraft, so they are the same jobs. We both,,, make em fly. Except the cops don't stop my guys. They are above that! HA!
I would love to stop by. When are you able to accept valley guys in the humble shop area?
Do I get to see the scared wrench? Seen some f&^%$N wrenches, but never an exhalted one. Actually I have named some of my wrenches. There are names which aren't really publishable, yet have a certian ring when thrown out there. My favorite named tools are my hammers! They have big names like MA and Buster.
Thanks for the invite Mike
Gusgus

Quote:
Originally Posted by friar mike
Hey Gusgus
I do get some cars in here that fly thats is low to the ground the cops just love me yep funny how the web works sometimes. drop in on your next fly by. Have a nice thanksgivin you to KL5A. valley trash sends its best AK bear
Old 11-25-2004, 11:42 AM   #30
friar mike
IronButtGruver

Eek

Hmm
it sounds like all mech have the same attiude about there work and if you don't you just haven't been playin the game lonnnnnnnnng enuff yet Iam here 9:00 to 5:00 then I make the long drive home ( about 200 feet) then a wee dram of scotch maybe abit more for those finer days under a car but you know how that gos. do you work at your own shop?
Quote:
I begin every day with a non-flyable aircraft, so they are the same jobs. We both,,, make em fly. Except the cops don't stop my guys. They are above that! HA!
I would love to stop by. When are you able to accept valley guys in the humble shop area?
Do I get to see the scared wrench? Seen some f&^%$N wrenches, but never an exhalted one. Actually I have named some of my wrenches. There are names which aren't really publishable, yet have a certian ring when thrown out there. My favorite named tools are my hammers! They have big names like MA and Buster.
Thanks for the invite Mike
Gusgus