ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #76
nachtflug OP
infidel

Oddometer: 45,285
thanks for all the responses. I'll keep everyone as updated as possible.

scott "flying merkel" flug
nachtflug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 07:51 AM   #77
nachtflug OP
infidel

thanks for all the responses both here and pm's.

I wish the Doug Henry thread got so much.

I'll keep this thread updated and pm all the volunteers as we go, could be as early as this saturday, and no doubt many more going forward.

the bikes will appreciate all the attention they've been sitting idle far too long.

Old 12-15-2010, 04:37 AM   #78
nachtflug OP
infidel

looks like this saturday will be a go. I'll post and pm something more definitive tommorow night and pm's also.

if this saturday isn't good no worries pretty much every saturday going forward is likely.

he just got this V8 trike in with a big camaro engine in and it runs so I told him firing stuff like that up would help keep it interesting and he said sure why not...don't have any pics loaded but will load one.
Old 12-15-2010, 06:24 AM   #79
Stagehand
+/- V TDSPP

Oddometer: 24,878
i'm back into being around. The ways of the world pass strange.
Old 12-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #80
Tropical Bird
From the front line

Oddometer: 1,004
Wow....brilliant - thanks!
Old 12-16-2010, 09:07 AM   #81
nachtflug OP
infidel

ok. we're still on. please pm me if you can to confirm.

a slight change of plans. there will be no "moving bikes around" for among other reasons insurance.

the museum falls under New York State board of Regents and there is...red tape/paperwork and after Jan 1 they will be getting volunteer insurance but for now no "heavy lifting"

There will (as in HAS to be) volunteer applications. I'm serious but the magnitude of the scope of this will be evident once you see the facility.

They have to show conformance with the states guidelines. So i've asked them to come up with a plan for what we'll be doing so that we don't spend all morning standing around bullshitting which is fun and fine but I'm trying to help with the museum and offered some willing motorcycle hands to pitch in. So while we won't be "fucking with the bikes" this weekend we'll be in and among them and will still get plenty of face time with the bikes and will have plenty of opportunities for hands on going forward.

plan on meeting at the facility at 9am @ 250 Lake Street Newburgh NY.

more info later in the day.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:54 AM   #82
nachtflug OP
infidel

we'll also have an alternate means of reaching me

my facebook = Scott Cavalari
Old 12-16-2010, 03:26 PM   #83
RonkoRider
Wrong Island, NY

Oddometer: 1,436
RonkoRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:47 PM   #84
nachtflug OP
infidel

ok. tomorrow at 9am. who's coming?

here is the facility you'll look for. 250 Lake Street Newburgh.

Lake Street = Rt 32. If you're familiar with Woodbury Commons Rt 32 heads north from there. Right through 5 Corners towards Newburgh and its on the left after you pass whats left of the old Newburgh Honda/Kawasaki. If you hit Broadway turn around and go back 1/2 mile you missed it.

If you get off 84 take Union Ave south. Left at Newburgh Nissan on 17k which becomes Broadway. Right on RT 32.

I'd like to stress Ted isn't looking for "free help" and appreciates volunteers but I just want to make sure nobody is coming to "look at bikes" which you'll be able to do anyway but that everyone is on the same page in regards to volunteering for the sake of volunteering. Going forward there will be plenty of chances to fuck around with the bikes. We can collectively convince Ted that some of them need to be started periodically.

like the aluminator.

so here is the facility. park on the left. pm me for my cell number. try to be there by 9.

thanks in advance.

Old 12-17-2010, 05:51 PM   #85
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,119
I'm in.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2010, 02:58 PM   #86
Speedo66
Transient

Oddometer: 6,119
Nice time today at the museum to be.

Met Scott (Nachtflug) and John (Peterpan), nice guys both, and we had a good time doing various chores there.

Also met Ted, the owner of the bikes, over 300 by the way, among them over 80 vintage Indians. Nice guy, incredible collection. Pope, Crocker, Excelsior, Ace, Thor, etc., etc., etc. Nice also to see some not too old bikes, including one like I used to own, a '77 H-D XLCR Cafe Sportster.

Looking forward to returning and helping out some more.

Their hoped for opening date for the museum is next April.

Come by and volunteer.

Speedo66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 07:11 PM   #87
nachtflug OP
infidel

ok. this saturday January 8th.

Ted is extending an invitation to any advrders who might be interested in seeing the museum and getting involved as a volunteer. there are still some issues to be worked out so while there will be some bikes being moved from downstairs to upstairs to the Indian room, which will house what might be the largest collection of Indians anywhere, we can't "help" just yet until he gets his insurance details ironed out. But its a good chance to see the museum and get to meet Ted and get involved with the museum. This has the potential to be a facility which "we" can possibly make use of and he's very open to other groups using the facility, with the idea that there would be an exchange of use of the facility for groups and meetings, exchanged for volunteer staffing, as one the museum opens to the public it will be staffed during those hours, and to be a NY state museum, you have to be open a minimum amount of time a week, so plenty of chances to get close familiar with the bikes.

so let me know if you can make it this Saturday. And he's got a new Big Daddy Roth piece too.

Old 01-04-2011, 06:10 AM   #88
devo2002
-Devo

Oddometer: 3,569
Thumb

I'm in, weather permitting (sorry for the caveat but I see snow Thur-Sat). What time? I am interested in volunteering.
devo2002 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 06:06 PM   #89
artracing
Rob

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachtflug View Post
ok. this saturday January 8th.

Ted is extending an invitation to any advrders who might be interested in seeing the museum and getting involved as a volunteer.
Scott,

I am new to this forum. I just found this thread. I happen to have emailed Ted the other day and just in case he did not get it or I would assume very busy you can approach him for me.
I have a bike in San Diego Museum and was wondering if the museum would be interested in displaying it. I live in the area. I would only require that I would need to take it out for shows from time to time.

Email me for details

Rob
artracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2011, 08:21 PM   #90
nachtflug OP
infidel

the plan will be this saturday at 9am. sound off who can make it?

artracing can you join us? ted is interested in meeting local advriders and going over some ideas about volunteering at the museum and participating.

I'm pushing him and he is receptive to a "local" presence in the museum with both possibly bikes, history, etc. there are plenty of shops in the valley already come and gone over the years.

hope to see everyone this saturday.