ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Tejas and the Gulf States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 04-06-2011, 08:27 AM   #46
Badge320
Wild Hog No. 3
 
Badge320's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2008
Location: Beaumont, Texas
Oddometer: 3,566
Quote:
Originally Posted by dfwscotty View Post
Old West Cafe in Denton(just east of Teasley on Dallas Dr.) - family chain....not for the health conscience. Have only tried the one in Denton but they have another in Sanger and one in Grapevine just opened about a month ago.
+1 on the Old West Cafe. My GF and I are in Denton one weekend a month and enjoy eating here. This place can get busy.

We eat at the Snooty Pig in Argyle sometimes too.....
Badge320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 04:54 PM   #47
jhansen
Harley Rider
 
jhansen's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Spring, Texas
Oddometer: 257

City Hall Cafe on Fm2971 southwest of Huntsville. $7
__________________
Jeff Hansen
2005 FLSTCI
Patriot Guard Rider
AMA Life Member
jhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #48
Mudclod
Mojo Moto
 
Mudclod's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2010
Location: Killeen, TX.
Oddometer: 1,429
Jeff, did you really need to post that pic! Ride to eat!
__________________
74 TY250 89 GB500 97 XR650L 03 KDX220 06 DRZ400 08 DL1000 09 XR1200
If you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.

Down Texas Way
Mudclod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 06:48 PM   #49
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie
 
Mr2mch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: where the highway leads ya...hint ...avitar
Oddometer: 2,451
Taqueria Los Agaves in Gatesville

We stopped in at Taqueria Los Agaves on Hwy84 in Gatesville Sunday mornin for breakfast. I've eaten there many times & always had great food. Very reasonable prices too. Just an unassuming local place with good food.


11-23-12 UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
The restaurant was sold a while back & I can NO LONGER RECOMMEND THEM. I have been there several times since the sale & only the first time right after the sale was the same. Both other times the food was different tasting & the portions were smaller (+the prices went higher!!) I also found that the menus did not have correct pricing when paying for a breakfast that used to cost under $5...NEW PRICE WAS OVER $7 !!!! The explanation both times was that the new menus were being printed. (this over a 2 month time frame between visits!!!) THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICE FROM A RESTAURANT OWNER.

I URGE ANYONE WITH SIMILAR "The menu is being updated" EXPERIENCES TO LET OTHERS KNO SO THOSE BUSINESSES CAN BE AVOIDED.
__________________
Rod the Tye Dyed Texas TourGuide...Like my stickers??

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie

Mr2mch screwed with this post 11-23-2012 at 08:44 AM
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2011, 07:15 PM   #50
hgulledge
Adventurer-of-sorts
 
Joined: Apr 2002
Location: CenTex
Oddometer: 1,269
The best breakfast restaurant near DFW area is the Magnolia Pancake House, in San Antonio...bar none.


__________________
HG
hgulledge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 03:49 PM   #51
joenuclear
Planning.....
 
joenuclear's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Oddometer: 6,124
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgulledge View Post
The best breakfast restaurant near DFW area is the Magnolia Pancake House, in San Antonio...bar none.
WTF?
__________________
"They bought me a box of tin soldiers. I threw all the Generals away. I smashed up the Sergeants and Majors. Now I play with my Privates all day."
joenuclear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 05:06 PM   #52
bigdon
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Oddometer: 2,451
Quote:
Originally Posted by hgulledge View Post
The best breakfast restaurant near DFW area is the Magnolia Pancake House, in San Antonio...bar none.


Somebody loan that man a MAP!
__________________
ADV Relay Rider 08 (The Texas Connection)
Ride Pooie Ride

Don't stop riding until you get to the crash , you might save it!
bigdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 02:24 PM   #53
FotoTEX
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Feb 2007
Location: Granbury Texas
Oddometer: 2,661
We Texans are use to large distances. SA is just down the road from D/FW. 5 hours is nothing to us. Think Large and be one of us...
FotoTEX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #54
Aanarchy
Studly Adventurer
 
Aanarchy's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2009
Location: Limbo
Oddometer: 952
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
We Texans are use to large distances. SA is just down the road from D/FW. 5 hours is nothing to us. Think Large and be one of us...


Think I'll take me a little breakfast ride Saturday.
__________________
Maybe it was Utah. - H.I. McDunnough
Aanarchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:18 PM   #55
jhansen
Harley Rider
 
jhansen's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Spring, Texas
Oddometer: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mudclod View Post
Jeff, did you really need to post that pic! Ride to eat!
Yes, yes I did.....
__________________
Jeff Hansen
2005 FLSTCI
Patriot Guard Rider
AMA Life Member
jhansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 08:45 AM   #56
Mr2mch
Cycledelic Hippie
 
Mr2mch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2009
Location: where the highway leads ya...hint ...avitar
Oddometer: 2,451
TAQUERIA LOS AGAVES US Hwy 84 in GATESVILLE TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr2mch View Post
We stopped in at Taqueria Los Agaves on Hwy84 in Gatesville Sunday mornin for breakfast. I've eaten there many times & always had great food. Very reasonable prices too. Just an unassuming local place with good food.


11-23-12 UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
The restaurant was sold a while back & I can NO LONGER RECOMMEND THEM. I have been there several times since the sale & only the first time right after the sale was the same. Both other times the food was different tasting & the portions were smaller (+the prices went higher!!) I also found that the menus did not have correct pricing when paying for a breakfast that used to cost under $5...NEW PRICE WAS OVER $7 !!!! The explanation both times was that the new menus were being printed. (this over a 2 month time frame between visits!!!) THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE BUSINESS PRACTICE FROM A RESTAURANT OWNER.

I URGE ANYONE WITH SIMILAR "The menu is being updated" EXPERIENCES TO LET OTHERS KNO SO THOSE BUSINESSES CAN BE AVOIDED.
Please see above update to orig post.
__________________
Rod the Tye Dyed Texas TourGuide...Like my stickers??

There's no time like the present....well,cept for maybe that hour when the time changes in the Fall.

cycledelic hippie
Mr2mch is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:36 AM   #57
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: TX
Oddometer: 1,675
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
We Texans are use to large distances. SA is just down the road from D/FW. 5 hours is nothing to us. Think Large and be one of us...
Some of those carpet bagger yankees in the D/FW area just don't understand!
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:40 PM   #58
ggoytia
Mobile Fatso
 
ggoytia's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Way Yonder outskirts of Fort Worth, Tx
Oddometer: 184
Laugh Bumping this back up keeping it alive

Can't let this one die down. Gotta get Breakfast!!!!!!!!!!
.

JR's in Saginaw. American grub
~
Fiesta market 28th st and main. Mexican and American
$10 for a pound in half of carnitas or barbacoa (not brisket)
~
Hollywood burger in Blue mound watch your speed folks.breakfast buffet
~
Joe T Garcia, Ftw stockyards Americanized Tex Mex.
~
Downtown Justin can't remember name right off main road
~
Chef point in WATUGA
~
Someone mentioned Ginger browns but their water taste like crap.
ggoytia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 09:44 PM   #59
runnr548
BMW Pilot
 
runnr548's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2012
Location: The Atomic City
Oddometer: 134
The Pancake Pantry, Gatlinburg, TN. Everything is delicious!!!:cool:

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2
runnr548 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2013, 11:17 AM   #60
MartiniUp
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2010
Location: TX
Oddometer: 1,675
Please keep this one going, great thread!
MartiniUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 05:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014