ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > West – California, the desert southwest and whatever is left
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2010, 11:07 AM   #1
mongox OP
ARRRRGH!!!

Oddometer: 2,520
clear creek update

Received this by email this morning. The meeting is at a pretty shitty time, I can't make it but if any others can it would be good.

FYI

Dear Eric,
The letter you sent using the Save The Trails letter generator urging the BLM to reopen Clear Creek Management Area has made a difference.
A very important day has finally come. Your Presence is Requested Tommorrow.
The San Benito County Board of Supervisors will be meeting this Tuesday April 6, 2010 at 1:30pm to vote on reopening all 25 miles of county roads in the Clear Creek Management Area. We are requesting that as many people as possible show up and support the reopening of these PUBLIC ROADS, and the County Supervisors and County Council in their quest to better serve the citizens of San Benito County and the surrounding areas.
This would be the first giant step in having one of the top ten riding areas in the nation reopened for public use since it was closed two years ago by the BLM’s Rick Copper of the Hollister Field Office. Please make the time show up to this meeting to show our local government that as Americans we are willing to stand up and fight for what we believe is right.
If you can attend this important meeting please email Mike Wubbels at info@foccma.org from Friends of Clear Creek Management Area, so he will have an idea of how many folks will be there to support reopening Clear Creek.
WHEN
Tuesday April 6 1:30pm
WHERE
County Administration Building – Board of Supervisors Chambers, 481 Fourth Street, Hollister, California
More information about the meeting is provided below.

~Thanks your friends at Save The Trails

This campaign is supported by Friends of Clear Creek Management Area, AMA District 36, AMA National, California Off Road Vehicle Association (CORVA), Salinas Ramblers Motorcycle Club, Stewards of the Sierra National Forest, Timekeepers Motorcycle Club and Save The Trails
SAN BENITO COUNTY BOARD OF SUPERVISORS
REGULAR MEETING AGENDA
APRIL 6, 2010
Mission Statement
The County Board of Supervisors will recognize the public trust it holds, will on all occasions conduct business with honesty, integrity, and respect for the individual, and will hold the organization of County government to that same standard.
The San Benito County Board of Supervisors welcomes you to this meeting and encourages your participation.
• If you wish to speak on a matter which does not appear on the agenda, you may do so during the Public Comment period at the beginning of the meeting. Please complete a Speaker Card and provide it to the Clerk of the Board prior to the meeting. Except as otherwise provided by law, no action shall be taken on any item not appearing on the agenda. When addressing the Board, please state your name for the record. Please address the Board as a whole through the Chair.
• If you wish to speak on an item contained in the agenda please complete a Speaker Card identifying the item(s) and provide it to the Clerk of the Board prior to consideration of the item.
Each individual speaker will be limited to a presentation total of three (3) minutes.

AFTERNOON SESSION 1:30 P.M.
PLANNING DEPARTMENT – A. Henriques:
24) Review staff report, and draft comment letter to the Bureau of Land Management Clear Creek Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and provide comments and direction to staff.
PUBLIC WORKS DEPARTMENT – S. Wittry:
25) Adopt a Resolution to re-open unmaintained County roads upon the installation of appropriate information signage referencing a potential for human health risks within surrounding terrain in the BLM Clear Creek Management Area; and direct staff to maintain quarterly inspections of signs in the area.

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music" unknown
mongox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:11 PM   #2
Fubars
What would Scoobydo?

Oddometer: 1,735
I'd really like to go that meeting--if I didn't live so far away.

Fubars screwed with this post 04-05-2010 at 06:42 PM
Fubars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Oddometer: 6,459
keep this at THE TOP ALL day long!!!! Send a link to ALL of your freinds and their freinds ... This is our chance to reclaim CC...
Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
wrk2surf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 02:53 PM   #4
mongox OP
ARRRRGH!!!

Oddometer: 2,520
bump

"Those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music" unknown
mongox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 04:17 PM   #5
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

Thanks for the 2015 support: BELL HELMETS, SCOTT USA, Kriega USA, SEATCONCEPTS.COM , Galfer USA, Carbon-pro.com, GPR stabilzers, Sidi/Motonation, Masters paint and body, Magura , Motolab , Loctite and Dunlop tires .
Old 04-05-2010, 05:21 PM   #6
sashapave
riders on the strom

Oddometer: 1,427
I really wish I could make it. If anyone goes, please update this thread. Thanks and PLEASE FOR THE LOVE OF GOD RE-OPEN CLEAR CREEK!
“A ship in port is safe, but that's not what ships are built for.” -Admiral Grace Hopper
sashapave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 06:43 PM   #7
Fubars
What would Scoobydo?

Bump. H2Opumper please go to this.
Old 04-05-2010, 07:14 PM   #8
scottmac
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,553
I just sent the followin email to the San Benito County
Board of Supervisors...

Dear San Benito County Board of Supervisors,

Please vote in favor tomorrow for allowing public access once again into
the Clear Creek Management Area. The loss of Clear Creek as a public
use area has been a hardship to many citizens in your county and
across the State of California in general.

People like myself who live outside San Benito County would make
travel plans to spend weekends down in Clear Creek and we spend
our money in San Benito county with local businesses for fuel,
supplies and necessities we need when we're down there. That
helps put money into the local economy which I'm sure you
need in these times.

I miss being able to spend time in the hills down there very much
and I hope and pray you'll find it in your hearts tomorrow to allow
us to do so once again.

Thank you for your consideration,

Scott MacDonald

Santa Cruz county
scottmac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:06 PM   #9
A.Vern
One Man Wolf Pack

Oddometer: 974
For those that can't make the meeting, send an email tonight. Just sent mine.

""Reopen Clear Creek

I know that a lot of people will not be able to make it to the San Benito County Board of Supervisors meeting on April 6, 2010 at 1:30 in the afternoon because we all have jobs and need to support our families. *But there is another way you can still help out.

Please send an e-mail TODAY to the Board of Supervisors asking ever one of them to vote to open all of the County Roads in the Clear Creek Management Area at the meeting tomorrow. *If we can flood them with e-mails tonight they should get the idea that we are serious about getting this area opened back up as soon as possible.

As Americans it is our duty stand up and fight for what is right not only for our generation but for our kids and their kids also. *Please use the link below and make up a short e-mail and send it tonight.

sbcsuper@supervisor.co.san-benito.ca.us

*******If you wish to stop receiving e-mail from us, please reply to the e-mail address below.

*******cancel@foccma.org""

A.Vern screwed with this post 04-05-2010 at 10:45 PM
A.Vern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:13 PM   #10
Fubars
What would Scoobydo?

E-mail sent. doG, I hope they listen to us....
Old 04-05-2010, 10:39 PM   #11
Bob
Formerly H20Pumper

Oddometer: 2,546
I can't make it, sent a pleading email to BOS!
Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 10:54 PM   #12
SCsurfer
surfing explorer

Oddometer: 172
E-mail sent
Old 04-05-2010, 11:08 PM   #13
wrk2surf
on the gas or brakes

top...
Old 04-05-2010, 11:17 PM   #14
catfish
Squidicus Adventurous

Oddometer: 603
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongox
A very important day has finally come. Your Presence is Requested Tomorrow.
The San Benito County Board of Supervisors will be meeting this Tuesday April 6, 2010 at 1:30pm to vote on reopening all 25 miles of county roads in the Clear Creek Management Area. We are requesting that as many people as possible show up and support the reopening of these PUBLIC ROADS, and the County Supervisors and County Council in their quest to better serve the citizens of San Benito County and the surrounding areas.

Two of us from the S.F. Northstars M.C. will be there. I hope MANY more can make it too.

To get the 25 miles of county roads re-opened would be a GREAT first step in getting full access to Clear Creek again!

Catfish ...
catfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 12:23 AM   #15
50X50
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 186
email sent

from Santa Cruz County...

"rocks, sand, mud, clay, ruts, cambers, water crossings, & everything else"
My Pics, Vids, SPOT & Blog
www.santacruzadventureriders.com
50X50 is offline   Reply With Quote